Poll--Were you raised Catholic?

Go to CruxDreams.com
That's an interesting way of looking at it lol.

I don't worry about it anymore from the standpoint of thinking I'm going to be smitten by God or anything like that, but I've never shared that I like this kind of stuff with anyone before I found this forum.
I suspect God has seen all this before. It's people who continue to have hang-ups.

I have to say my piece. I was raised Congregationalist. A far cry from Catholic. However , I grew up in a French-Canadien community and most of my friends were catholic. We were taught that God was loving. My friends were taught to fear God's wrath. As my partner Marie is Catholic I see her many hang ups . She is the way she is and has accepted that she will be going to hell for being a lesbian. That is sad. I was taught that God hates sin, but loves the sinner. We have free will, but some things we become are beyond our control. Marie's up bringing has her fearful about crux. I on the other hand feel like wanting to imitate Christ's suffering is a form of honoring Him. I am just not brave enough to allow me to be on the cross. The Catholic Church has historically used fear to control the masses. (ie inquisition) They are masters at it.

Scots Presbyterians were pretty scary! I think during and since the Reformation, both branches of the Western church, Catholic and Protestant, went in for a good bit of spiritual terrorism, especially in their schools. But there were and are other aspects to the teachings and practices of both branches too.

I was baptized as a Roman Catholic as a child of a catholic mother and a protestant father (their wedding was a big scandal in his family). Both parents were no churchgoer. We three childs had to go to mass every sunday but at age 6 we prefered to go to the playground instead. When my parents discovered that after circa 2 years, we did not have to go any longer.
I have never had any link with the chirch and with age 14 didn´t participate in the religion class (with age 14 childs had the right to decide that themself). Age 20 I pulled out of the Church.
As I am not all-knowing (but working on it here on CF) I don´t deny the existence of one or more gods, but I don´t know any religion whose doctrines I could accept. I think this makes me a Apostat.
So I don´t have any excuse for my kinks - its all me! :)
BTW I think some of the most unchristian people are christians (and the roman catholic are the worst).

I was born and raised a catholic and still am. Yes there are problems and there always will be. But you don't have to be a catholic to be an abuser!

my kink is simply a fascination with crux and BDSM, as the controller never the submissive! That's just me!

No, I was not raised Catholic, but one of my people played an important role in getting their IPO going;). And we've certainly done more than our fair share of suffering over the years, so I try to save people from anything really bad, though they may have a few tight spots along the way, mostly their own fault if you ask me-Stan Goldman, Detective (Retired? Please, Moore...:doh:)

No, I was not raised Catholic, but one of my people played an important role in getting their IPO going;). And we've certainly done more than our fair share of suffering over the years, so I try to save people from anything really bad, though they may have a few tight spots along the way, mostly their own fault if you ask me-Stan Goldman, Detective (Retired? Please, Moore...:doh:)
I was Catholic, but I gave it up for Lent...LOL.

Yes, this is a ploy to smoke out responses from the majority of our 155 members who don't post.

It's also a semi-scientific way to find out what percentage of people with this fetish were raised in a faith whose central image is a vaguely effeminate, mostly naked guy hanging from a cross.

You need only answer yes or no. Further comments are at your discretion.

My answer: Yes. Attended parochial school until 9th grade to boot.

No. Raised atheist, converted (sort of) to New Age, baptized Southern Baptist in Arlington Texas at the age of 28. Joined the Holy Roman Catholic Church ten years later in the same city.

This is splendid information, hopefully more. For an investigator to screen our roots here is manifest a goldmine.
All forum-writers go back to mythological history and if not they should have invented the cross self... (this like Voltaire).

Cross if life.

I'm super late to the party. Nah - was raised by Jehovah's Witness parents though. I keep remembering how the JW's always insisted that Jesus didn't die on a cross, he died on a crux simplex (torture stake, as they call it). Seeing Jesus on the crux simplex as illustrated in those Watchtowers kind of factored into my growing crux fascination (though it wasn't what awakened it). I felt intensely guilty for a while cuz y'know.....being bi and kinky is a no-no for JW's. Now that I'm agnostic/atheist/nothing, I'm free to accept and embrace my crux kink as much as I please :sisi2:

Yes, this is a ploy to smoke out responses from the majority of our 155 members who don't post.

It's also a semi-scientific way to find out what percentage of people with this fetish were raised in a faith whose central image is a vaguely effeminate, mostly naked guy hanging from a cross.

Yes, I attended parochial school until the sixth grade.

Yes, I attended parochial school

Yes, I attended parochial school until the sixth grade.

Back
Top Bottom