Poll--Were you raised Catholic?

Go to CruxDreams.com

apostate630

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, this is a ploy to smoke out responses from the majority of our 155 members who don't post.

It's also a semi-scientific way to find out what percentage of people with this fetish were raised in a faith whose central image is a vaguely effeminate, mostly naked guy hanging from a cross.

You need only answer yes or no. Further comments are at your discretion.

My answer: Yes. Attended parochial school until 9th grade to boot.

I somehow missed this before.

Answer: No, I was raised Methodist. It's just a guess, but it does seem like a large proportion of those with a crux fascination acquired it as a result of a Catholic education.

Jedakk

I suspect that too, Jedakk. But the Gallup and Zogby organizations have quite unfairly turned down my repeated requests that they conduct a proper scientific poll. :wink:

My father is catholic and we went often to church, but my crux fetish is not from the religion. Just like that.

If this site has a proper poll feature, I wish I could find it. A running bar graph would be useful.

In any case, so far one yes, three no.

Interesting.

Most definitely YES.
I was raised catholic, in fact one of my brothers is a priest.
However my crucifixion fantasies did not come solely from church imagery. I was always an avid reader and I seemed to have an inborn affinity for anything relating to tortures, punishments, bondage and submission. Homer, Dickens, Tolstoy, the Bible, I got my ideas from all kinds of sources.
I was also severely disciplined as a child and I guess somewhere in the middle of puberty the link between sex and suffering became permanent. As the only girl in the family (four older brothers) I never had anyone to discuss this ideas with until I found the internet.
Only after my twenty-fifth birthday did I develop a crucifixion fantasy.

Two yes, three no.

Thanks, Nikka. I'd pretty much given up on this thread.

Luckily enough, corporal punishment was almost wholly absent from my upbringing. I trace most of my fascination for this topic to books in my parochial school library about the early Christian martyrs, replete with vivid descriptions of ghastly tortures.

Why the Church thought those books were appropriate reading for a fourth grader with a vivid imagination beats the hell out of me too. But if the topic interests you, and you're not familiar with it already, check out Herr Doktor Mabuse's site:

http://krypta.gmxhome.de/saints.html

Your "suffering and sex" comment reminds me that it's time to start another thread, "What's In It For You?"

I have to add: it has something to do with church. I always looked fascinated at the pictures on the wall, showing Christs way to crucifixion. The best picture for me was the one they nailed him to the cross. And then, back at home and in bed, I tried to imagine how I would feel...

Reactions: Meh
Okay, I'll play.

Nope. Lutheran, or "Catholic jr." as some may call it.

My Father was a Welsh Methodist, and my Mother a Catholic. When they wed, both sides of the family were very unhappy about the union thanks to not only the different faiths, but also due to the fact that my Father had been divorced.

That's not such a issue now-a-days, but that was in 1954...And back then, it was a stoning offense!

So, my folks thumbed their noses at both religions and became Lutherans.

I was born eleven years later and was still considered by some of the older folk on my Mother's side a "bastard." In many ways, they were right!

How I came about my crucifixion "fantasies" I'm not certain...My interest begain sometime in my early teens...Mostly involving the cute girl next door who was just two years younger than myself. I can tell you that I figured right away that there was something very seriously wrong with me!

Yes

Yes. No doubt. I am Spanish and raised in a Christ and Mary devotional city, Seville. Everey year during a week some 70 images of the passion of Christ are taken out to the streets, and that, definitely turned this topic into an obsession for me since I was a child.
I have been crucified myself and look forward to become the executor with a woman as my victim.

Emilio, my own Catholic upbringing lacked traditions of public processions, but our old-fashioned Italian baroque parish church contained numerous and realistic depictions of the mostly naked, vaguely effeminate white guy on a cross.

Even though I turned out straight, and it's naked ladies on crosses that jolts my hindbrain, I can't help but think exposure to those images from infancy had something to do with my kink.

I was born and raised a Cathloic. Attended Cathloic school for the first 9 years of my education. Being taught by nuns and walking the short distance from the class room to the church for every event known to mankind I soon knew that crucification was more than just a punishment. Now that I'm in my early 50's and realize I have a submissive streak I fantasize about being whipped then crucified. I think it would be the ultimate submission to someone. Mayube I'm a weirdo but thats the way I see it.

rncb, your parochial school experience closely matches mine, right down to the nuns marching us to church.

". . . I fantasize about being whipped then crucified. I think it would be the ultimate submission to someone. Mayube I'm a weirdo but thats the way I see it."

Hmmm. A few years back I realized that I get off on one of the most blood-curdlingly godawful methods of execution our species ever dreamed up.

Accordingly, I have had to radically revise my ideas of what constitutes "weird." And checked my notions of normal at the door. Welcome aboard.

Karina said:
Yes, until high school

Does that mean you stopped being Catholic after H.S.? Many do, you know, although it took me to my second year of college before I sent my resignation to the Vatican.

No matter. I recall with fondness the priests and nuns who tried so hard to teach and solidify my faith in the Cross.

This isn't really what they had in mind. . .

Thanks, Anon. I really should be keeping a running tally. This started out as an informal poll, after all.

Back
Top Bottom