Poor Isabel Tortured in RedFeline film

Go to CruxDreams.com
Review of movie “The Passion of Isabel”

Director Jac Avila's latest film, “The Passion of Isabel,” (RedFeline Films) is another sumptuous feast of colorful cruelty. As is the case in most of his other films there is a setup here to provide a reason for the torture being inflicted on beautiful female bodies. In this case, there is just one female, Isabel, played by the lovely Beatriz Rivera. The setup is dispensed with quickly-- Her father wanted her to marry this man, the torturer, and she refused. Later, in an argument with her father, he falls and dies. She is then arrested and taken to the torturer, who can now inflict any pain his inventive mind can imagine on her slim, gorgeous body. From there on it is all bondage, rape, floggings, sessions on the rack, foot torture, and, finally, crucifixion on a huge wheel. Yes, with nails. (actually frightfully large spikes!)

Essential to this type of presentation is the humility and innocence of the victim. Rivera personifies that with her almost angelic appearance. Her long dark hair that hangs almost to her waist also lends to the feminine quality of her victimhood. Her facial expressions while being whipped are convincing and one wonders to what extent she really felt the lashes while filming the scenes.

Isabel face of pain.jpeg

In the early stages of the whipping there are red marks on her back that look real, but as it goes on the effect is created with fake blood and makeup. Isabel's naked body is finally covered with wounds and she swoons stretched out on the wheel with her hands and feet nailed to the rim and the only way to end her suffering is death.

One problem that somewhat distracts from the intensity of the film is continuity errors during some scenes. For example, we have just seen her feet bloodied by torture while she is stretched on the rack and then when she is taken off the rack in order to proceed to another painful experience her feet seemed to have been miraculously healed. This is sometimes a problem with the whipping as well. The marks and cuts oozing blood look a little different from one scene to another.

Another problem in this film was the over use of handheld camera shots that moved in and out from Isabel as she suffered. This gave an amateurish look to an otherwise professionally produced film.

But given the low budget and the nature of this kind of filmmaking “The Passion of Isabel” looks very good. The warm lighting and the medieval style set add greatly to the pleasure of viewing the cruelties inflicted on this young, innocent girl. And let's face it, that is what we come to see. These films provide well designed and crafted depictions of scenes from our own dark fantasies.

Isabel abused suspended.jpeg

Jac Avila, who has made most of his latest films in his native Bolivia, seems to have kinks almost perfectly in alignment with my own, so my favorable judgment is certainly influenced by that. However, anyone who watches this film will enjoy the professional quality of the images and the creativity of the presentation overall. When you hear the whip crack against Isabel's tender skin and see her wince in pain, you can't help but feel a thrill.

I would recommend that you go to RedFeline.com and buy the film for streaming on a computer using the FluxPlayer, which is a free download. You can then watch it over and over as many times as your perversity demands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, indeed, there is a lot to see and read on Margot's link. There is also a series of nice photos showing them shooting scenes for a proposed new film, a sequel to Maleficarum, which will have seven very hot females being tortured. Apparently, they are trying to get full funding before proceeding further. I hope they succeed.

Yes, we are working on the pre-production of Maleficarum Monxa Mala. The story is set in a secretive cloister where the inquisition must find who has allowed the infamous demon to enter its sacred ground to take possession of one or more of the sisters.

The methods employed to make them confess are brutal, of course, there's no limit to what the inquisitors can do.

The cast is all there, certainly, and we recently found an excellent location. it means that we're almost ready to produce this magnus opus.

M-IILocation--20180508-WA0010.jpg

M-IILocation--20180508-WA0034.jpg

M-IILocation--20180508-WA0001.jpg

M-IILocation--20180508-WA0015.jpg

You can visit our site
Read More of Maleficarum Monxa Mala

http://bit.ly/2k4LLwc

User: Guest2018 Password: Gimp0100

Review of movie “The Passion of Isabel”

Director Jac Avila's latest film, “The Passion of Isabel,” (RedFeline Films) is another sumptuous feast of colorful cruelty. As is the case in most of his other films there is a setup here to provide a reason for the torture being inflicted on beautiful female bodies. In this case, there is just one female, Isabel, played by the lovely Beatriz Rivera. The setup is dispensed with quickly-- Her father wanted her to marry this man, the torturer, and she refused. Later, in an argument with her father, he falls and dies. She is then arrested and taken to the torturer, who can now inflict any pain his inventive mind can imagine on her slim, gorgeous body. From there on it is all bondage, rape, floggings, sessions on the rack, foot torture, and, finally, crucifixion on a huge wheel. Yes, with nails. (actually frightfully large spikes!)

Essential to this type of presentation is the humility and innocence of the victim. Rivera personifies that with her almost angelic appearance. Her long dark hair that hangs almost to her waist also lends to the feminine quality of her victimhood. Her facial expressions while being whipped are convincing and one wonders to what extent she really felt the lashes while filming the scenes.

View attachment 585489

In the early stages of the whipping there are red marks on her back that look real, but as it goes on the effect is created with fake blood and makeup. Isabel's naked body is finally covered with wounds and she swoons stretched out on the wheel with her hands and feet nailed to the rim and the only way to end her suffering is death.

One problem that somewhat distracts from the intensity of the film is continuity errors during some scenes. For example, we have just seen her feet bloodied by torture while she is stretched on the rack and then when she is taken off the rack in order to proceed to another painful experience her feet seemed to have been miraculously healed. This is sometimes a problem with the whipping as well. The marks and cuts oozing blood look a little different from one scene to another.

Another problem in this film was the over use of handheld camera shots that moved in and out from Isabel as she suffered. This gave an amateurish look to an otherwise professionally produced film.

But given the low budget and the nature of this kind of filmmaking “The Passion of Isabel” looks very good. The warm lighting and the medieval style set add greatly to the pleasure of viewing the cruelties inflicted on this young, innocent girl. And let's face it, that is what we come to see. These films provide well designed and crafted depictions of scenes from our own dark fantasies.

View attachment 585500

Jac Avila, who has made most of his latest films in his native Bolivia, seems to have kinks almost perfectly in alignment with my own, so my favorable judgment is certainly influenced by that. However, anyone who watches this film will enjoy the professional quality of the images and the creativity of the presentation overall. When you hear the whip crack against Isabel's tender skin and see her wince in pain, you can't help but feel a thrill.

I would recommend that you go to RedFeline.com and buy the film for streaming on a computer using the FluxPlayer, which is a free download. You can then watch it over and over as many times as your perversity demands.
Great review! Thank you. I'll be quoting it all over the place!

Great! I am a film buff and a filmmaker myself so I appreciate the work that goes into such a large project. I have some ideas I would like to discuss with you. How can I send you a private message? Email?

I have purchased my videos for may years from the Redfeline. All are good videos. I hope they stay with the outdoor crucifixion as that is my favorite and what i look for

Outdoor crucifixions are both easy and hard to do. We have one in Justine, many with Amy/Jane, one with Mila and hopefully if an idea that it's brewing right now, we'll have a really nice story set in Roman times with Mila in the leading role of an Egyptian woman that ... I said too much

Great! I am a film buff and a filmmaker myself so I appreciate the work that goes into such a large project. I have some ideas I would like to discuss with you. How can I send you a private message? Email?

One bit of information. The Passion of Isabel is the work of two people and ONLY two people, Jac acting, directing, doing the camera work, doing the sound work, setting up the lights, setting up the torture instruments, torturing and doing some of the make up FX. Bea acting, doing some make up and working in the set with Jac. That's it!

One bit of information. The Passion of Isabel is the work of two people and ONLY two people, Jac acting, directing, doing the camera work, doing the sound work, setting up the lights, setting up the torture instruments, torturing and doing some of the make up FX. Bea acting, doing some make up and working in the set with Jac. That's it!

Impressive! :popcorn:

Digital technology has opened whole new worlds for creative people. That Jac and Bea did that whole film without anyone else's help, though, is incredible. Many films with multi-million-dollar budgets would not stand up to comparison with this film. I am now even more impressed with Bea. Beauty, Talent and Brains-- Una mujer maravillosa!

Back
Top Bottom