Public Executions In The Arena

Go to CruxDreams.com
If only I had plunged the knife into her breast. I wish that I could have at least the satisfaction of having killed Julia! These Roman ladies are so haughty and cruel, even when we slave girls serve them well. I should have plunged the knife in deep!

Is anyone surprise that you screwed that up?:rolleyes:

View attachment 485841

THE TWO SISTERS JUSTA AND RUFINA CRUCIFIED

Justa and Rufina were sisters who lived in Seville, Spain, about 200 years after Jesus’ life, death, Resurrection and Ascension into heaven. We believe that they became Christians after hearing missionaries preach about Christ. They were devout members of the Church and tried to live as faithful disciples of Jesus.

The sisters supported themselves by making and selling beautiful clay pots (they are today the patron saints of potters). They always gave some of their earnings to people in need. Like many other merchants, they sold their pottery from booths set up out of doors in the village where people could see them.

People who were celebrating a pagan festival honoring the Roman gods came to the sisters’ booth. They wanted to buy pots to use in their worship services. Justa and Rufina refused, explaining that they were followers of Christ and did not believe in false gods. The worshippers became angry. They broke all of the Justa’s and Rufina’s pottery, smashing everything to the ground. The sisters responded to this by breaking an image of Venus, one of the pagan gods. They were arrested immediately.

The sisters were brought before the governor, Diogenianus. He demanded that they give up their faith. They refused. He ordered the women to be jailed. The governor gave Justa and Rufina one last chance to speak out against Christ. They refused again. He ordered Rufina to be thrown to lions, but the lions are said to have refused to attack her. So he had both women scourged and crucified.

View attachment 485841 View attachment 485842 View attachment 485843

Gabriel Roman arena 282-1-.jpg
Rufina! What were you thinking when you refused to sell them the pots they wanted and then made matters worse by breaking that image of Venus! What would it have mattered if we just sold them what they desired? And what would it have mattered if we had just apologized to the governor and said it was all a mistake? Now look at us! Crucified naked before a howling mob! Jeered and taunted by the Ruffians in the lower stalls, ridiculed and mocked by the better classes in the upper stands. Oh, don't look to the sky like that, Rufina! Our God is not going to swoop down and get us out of here! They will torture us all day, much to the delight of the crowd. The whipping and the raising on these crosses were nothing compared to what they have in store for us. See, they are coming with firebrands now! We would have been far better off to meet a quick, if awful, death by the lions.

Last edited:
View attachment 488023
Rufina! What were you thinking when you refused to sell them the pots they wanted and then made matters worse by breaking that image of Venus! What would it have mattered if we just sold them what they desired? And what would it have mattered if we had just apologized to the governor and said it was all a mistake? Now look at us! Crucified naked before a howling mob! Jeered and taunted by the Ruffians in the lower stalls, ridiculed and mocked by the better classes in the upper stands. Oh, don't look to the sky like that, Rufina! Our God is not going to swoop down and get us out of here! They will torture us all day, much to the delight of the crowd. The whipping and the raising on these crosses were nothing compared to what they have in store for us. See, they are coming with firebrands now! We would have been far better off to meet a quick, if awful, death by the lions.

I love and collect your captions of pictures.

Gabriel Roman arena 286-1-.jpg

PARASCEVA OF IKONIUM CRUCIFIED UPSIDE-DOWN AND TORTURED

Parasceva was the daughter of a Christian couple living in Ikonium (today: Konya (Turkey)) during the reign of Emperor Diocletianus. In 300 an emissary of the emperor came to Ikonium and organized the persecution of the Christians.

Parasceva was among those who refused to make a sacrifice to the pagan gods. She was arrested and cruelly tortured. The executioners suspended her from a cross and raked her with iron nails (or iron combs); they tore her flesh to the bones. Then they cast her into a prison cell to let her die. But her wounds healed miraculously overnight.

On the next day she was again suspended from a cross and tortured with torches. But she remained steadfast and refused to make the required sacrifice. In the end she was beheaded.

Gabriel Roman arena 286-1-.jpg Parasceva 993883.jpg Parasceva 3664757457.jpg Parasceva37737347.jpg

View attachment 489477

PARASCEVA OF IKONIUM CRUCIFIED UPSIDE-DOWN AND TORTURED

Parasceva was the daughter of a Christian couple living in Ikonium (today: Konya (Turkey)) during the reign of Emperor Diocletianus. In 300 an emissary of the emperor came to Ikonium and organized the persecution of the Christians.

Parasceva was among those who refused to make a sacrifice to the pagan gods. She was arrested and cruelly tortured. The executioners suspended her from a cross and raked her with iron nails (or iron combs); they tore her flesh to the bones. Then they cast her into a prison cell to let her die. But her wounds healed miraculously overnight.

On the next day she was again suspended from a cross and tortured with torches. But she remained steadfast and refused to make the required sacrifice. In the end she was beheaded.

View attachment 489477 View attachment 489481 View attachment 489482 View attachment 489483

These are all really nice pics, and a couple are new to me :)
How would it feel, ladies, to be upside down and spread like that? Would you attract birds?

I did one like #2 myself in 2013, which fits quite well here
ph220.jpg

Little girls, including this one, seem to have a fascination with hanging upside down,
perhaps it goes back to when we lived in trees (but boys don't seem to do it)
It would be a specially cruel way to expose a girl, especially with legs wide
as in Michele's arena scene. Obviously I'd be exposed to the attentions of my Torturers,
the standard hooks and burning torches, as described, and I could be flogged
where it would hurt lots, and, yes, birds would soon take an interest -
not to mention lots of smaller creatures! Although I'd be less able to 'dance' and struggle,
and would probably get a dreadful headache, I guess I'd survive quite a long time,
as my legs are strong, and hanging by them would place less strain on my heart
and lungs than hanging by my arms.

Little girls, including this one, seem to have a fascination with hanging upside down,
perhaps it goes back to when we lived in trees (but boys don't seem to do it)
It would be a specially cruel way to expose a girl, especially with legs wide
as in Michele's arena scene. Obviously I'd be exposed to the attentions of my Torturers,
the standard hooks and burning torches, as described, and I could be flogged
where it would hurt lots, and, yes, birds would soon take an interest -
not to mention lots of smaller creatures! Although I'd be less able to 'dance' and struggle,
and would probably get a dreadful headache, I guess I'd survive quite a long time,
as my legs are strong, and hanging by them would place less strain on my heart
and lungs than hanging by my arms.
I think, that make hard work for the heart. The leg venes have flow control valves which not work in other direction.
More blood in head and to little in feet and legs after a time.

I think, that make hard work for the heart. The leg venes have flow control valves which not work in other direction.
More blood in head and to little in feet and legs after a time.
Yes, that is right, the excess bloodflow to the head will cause damage everywhere. The brain and the eyes (blindness!) are the most vulnarable. Therefore it is advised to limit hanging upside down in BDSM to 10-15 minutes maximum.

Torture in the Roman Arena. (Artwork by Zerosen)

Whipped to death 288348.jpg

Was she a captured runaway slave, the daughter/wife of a dishonest merchant, one of the new sect of Christians, etc…

Each were good enough reasons for the Empire to provide her as entertainment as she was slowly tortured to death under the whip for the mobs amusement.

All that was required of a successful executioner was that her death be as prolonged and horrific as possible. At least until the crowd grew bored and tired of the spectacle. The more she screamed in agony and suffered and the more the sadistic the show, the more appreciative the audience would be.

With every stroke of the whip, his coffers only increased as the crowd threw coins in appreciation.

(Text by witch-finder-general) https://witch-finder-general.tumblr.com/archive

DAMNATIO AD BESTIAS

Artist: cabal23 (part 2)

Attachments

• another_hunt_1_by_cabal23-d895098.jpg
    another_hunt_1_by_cabal23-d895098.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 681
  • another_hunt_2_by_cabal23-d8950p9.jpg
    another_hunt_2_by_cabal23-d8950p9.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 661
  • arena1_by_cabal23-darvnid.jpg
    arena1_by_cabal23-darvnid.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 647
  • arena2_by_cabal23-darvnkb.jpg
    arena2_by_cabal23-darvnkb.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 626
  • arena3_by_cabal23-darvnm2.jpg
    arena3_by_cabal23-darvnm2.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 611
  • arena4_by_cabal23-darvnnb.jpg
    arena4_by_cabal23-darvnnb.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 616
  • arena5_by_cabal23-darvnpe.jpg
    arena5_by_cabal23-darvnpe.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 599
  • arena6_by_cabal23-darvnqu.jpg
    arena6_by_cabal23-darvnqu.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 665
Gabriel Roman arena 287-1-.jpg

SLAVE ELEUTERIA CRUCIFIED AND CLUBBED TO DEATH

Eleuteria was a young pretty slave living in Puteoli, in Campania Felix, Italy. Her master, Junius Lucullus, an old merchant, treated her gently and gave her what she needed, so she was satisfied of her life.
On day, when she was going back home from the thermae, Porfirius, a free man, kidnapped her and tried to rape her. She fought with all her strength and finally stabbed Porfirius with his own knife, then she tried to escape from the town, but was soon arrested
She was judged guilty for killing a Roman citizen and was condemned to die in the arena.
The following day she was publicly stripped, nailed to a cross and cruelly clubbed until she died.

View attachment 506422

SLAVE ELEUTERIA CRUCIFIED AND CLUBBED TO DEATH

Eleuteria was a young pretty slave living in Puteoli, in Campania Felix, Italy. Her master, Junius Lucullus, an old merchant, treated her gently and gave her what she needed, so she was satisfied of her life.
On day, when she was going back home from the thermae, Porfirius, a free man, kidnapped her and tried to rape her. She fought with all her strength and finally stabbed Porfirius with his own knife, then she tried to escape from the town, but was soon arrested
She was judged guilty for killing a Roman citizen and was condemned to die in the arena.
The following day she was publicly stripped, nailed to a cross and cruelly clubbed until she died.
Just no justice in this world for women, especially slave girls :confused:

Back
Top Bottom