Public Executions In The Arena

Go to CruxDreams.com
Gabriel Roman arena 295-1-.jpg

LIBARIA OF GRAND TORTURED WITH RED HOT PLIERS

It is told that Libaria belonged to a patrician family living in a town now called Grand (France). She fell victim to the persecution of Julianus Apostata in 362. She was tied to a cross inside the amphytheatre and tortured in various ways. Finally she was beheaded with an axe.

View attachment 531006 View attachment 531007 View attachment 531008 View attachment 531009 View attachment 531010 View attachment 531011

Receiving compliments by the great Damian is a real honour for me, and I truly appreciate the way he has modified and re-interpreted my pictures.
Damian's work has always been a source of inspiration for me. I would have never thought my work could be a source of inspiration for him!
Michele, your pictures are very good and its a pleasure to see them and get inspiration myself, the backgrounds and players are great, must try and find more arena scenes like that in clear detail, the torturers are good too, the pixilation though very artistic, is not in my photorealistic style so I try to smooth them out, thanks for posting and I am working on doing my versions of the other pictures you put up and will, of course, post them here. Great work.

Gabriel Roman arena 296-1-.jpg Concordia - Callot_J1mod.jpg

CONCORDIA OF ROME SCOURGED TO DEATH.

There is not much known about her except that she was martyred for her faith. She was stripped, tied to a post, and scourged to death. According to the legend her breasts were heavy with milk, and she suffered terribly when the executioners struck her.
Concordia’s body was thrown on a trash heap, but was later recovered by Sts. Irenaeus and Abundius.

Here are a few more, enjoyed doing them! D.

Attachments

• romandecadence748.jpg
    romandecadence748.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 712
  • romandecadence749.jpg
    romandecadence749.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 742
  • romandecadence750.jpg
    romandecadence750.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 703
romandecadence748.jpg Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sister. Look at the trouble you have gotten us into with your silly faith in that Christian God! I knew something like this was bound to happen. You have brought this down upon all your friends and family. We must suffer alongside you despite our innocence. I tried to tell you. Why do you always have to be so stubborn?

romandecadence749.jpg I was taken from my father's home in the dark of night and told that he betrayed Rome and the Emperor. I was deprived of my Roman citizenship and sentenced to be tortured to death in the arena. Oh, the humiliation! Bad enough to suffer, along with the rest of my family and our servants, the indignity of entertaining the masses, but to be stripped naked and crucified with my legs spread wide, revealing all to the delight and jeers of the Roman crowd, is more than I can bear!

View attachment 532290 I was taken from my father's home in the dark of night and told that he betrayed Rome and the Emperor. I was deprived of my Roman citizenship and sentenced to be tortured to death in the arena. Oh, the humiliation! Bad enough to suffer, along with the rest of my family and our servants, the indignity of entertaining the masses, but to be stripped naked and crucified with my legs spread wide, revealing all to the delight and jeers of the Roman crowd, is more than I can bear!
I think Barb looks great... What is she complaining about???
romandecadence749.jpg

I sincerely doubt that:p
I am relative sure, Barbaria know better how much she can bear. :rolleyes:
I think Barb looks great... What is she complaining about???
View attachment 532312
Why do you always have to be so stubborn?

Isn't that a psychological projection of your own attributes to somebody else, Barb!? :rolleyes:
... is more than I can bear!

What has that got to do with a "bear", Barb? It seems it is more about a "beaver", right? ;)

peanut-gallery.jpg Ok, wise guys! .... let's stop with all the snide commentary from the gallery ... unless you want to see demerits fly! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom