Raising the Cross - Which Way?

Which method of Crucifixion arouses the sense more?

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
Hmmmm .... "How many Romans does it take to raise a ....." was a joke the Barbarians must have loved to sit around and tell.

As in Yusebby's examples, "four" is probably the right answer, but doesn’t constitute a punch line.

Well, from personal experience, being nailed while flat is easier to implement, and easier on the victim. being nailed to the patibulum, then hoisted up would be infinitely more painful, as the whole body weight is on the nails through the wrists, and it would be harder to actually raise the victim

One thing I don't think you can do is to nail the heels to the side of the stipes while it's laying on the ground, using the hammer laterally like that could only be done after the cross is upright, I think. Otherwise the whole thing would slide about all over the place.

One thing I don't think you can do is to nail the heels to the side of the stipes while it's laying on the ground, using the hammer laterally like that could only be done after the cross is upright, I think. Otherwise the whole thing would slide about all over the place.

I dont agree, wragg : in my opinion, it's possible ! ;)

Don’t know about sliding all over, Wragg. And although this Yusebby imagining would probably require extra guys or rope to hold her foot still, with the stipes upright the guy with the hammer does have room to swing it.

That girl is swiftly and decisively nailed.

Attachments

• 66CFE238-7D87-4642-82AB-948C2071BE68.jpeg
    66CFE238-7D87-4642-82AB-948C2071BE68.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 665
Well, from personal experience, being nailed while flat is easier to implement, and easier on the victim. being nailed to the patibulum, then hoisted up would be infinitely more painful, as the whole body weight is on the nails through the wrists, and it would be harder to actually raise the victim
However, I would imagine that the Roman's were not especially concerned with comfort of the victim.

If you were secured to the complete cross lying down, how was it raised, HereBeDragons (like the name, BTW)?

Another interesting idea I just thought of a few days ago is that if the condemned is nailed (wrists and feet) before the entire cross is raised, this means they likely carried the entire cross to the site of their execution (not just the cross beam). After the scourging and pre-crucifixion torture, I feel it would be unlikely that they would have enough strength to carry an entire cross. Moreover, the entire point of crucifixion is to humiliate the victim and set an example for as many onlookers as possible. The taller the cross, the more likely the mob is to see every inch of her pain. Now, if the woman carried the entire cross, there’s little chance it would be more than 7 or 8 feet tall. If that were the case, not very many could see without pushing and shoving to gain a better vantage point. Just my thoughts

That can be solved...

Really good work Greya.

Thrilling pictures and atmosphere.
It's awesome how she is watching being crucified.
For me that is a very important aspect, when a crucifiction is executet.
That is sending shivers down my spine.
I love that. Maybe it would be hard to deal with it for the executiioners in a real crucifiction.

Very strange feeling, but exciting

The same when she is raised. An outstanding scene.
So well done.
She keeps her eyes on the guys, watching while her body goes up.
Congrats to the production team.

Attachments

• KKK_113.JPG
    KKK_113.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 641
  • KKK_126.JPG
    KKK_126.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:
I have voted for the first option.

I like the idea that the execution team has to lift me with the cross.
Just think about it.

These bastards have just torn your clothes off, nailed you to the cross.

Most likely you were not able to see that much, but the sky and
the faces of your sweating executioners.

Then that sensational moment, when you start to move up.
Maybe you talk to the executioners, eventually yell and curse at them.

Sure they wouldn't mind and laugh, while they bring you up.
All of a sudden you can see the spectators, too.

As the stipes is sliding into the hole, the shouting of the crowd "crucify, crucify"
gets a face for you, when you look at the laughing, amused people.

But the second version can also be executed very thrilling.....

Last edited:
I've always wondered which method is preferred? Laying down the entire cross, and then nailing the wrists and feet before the cross and condemned are pushed upwards? Or do others prefer nailing the wrists first, and then hoisting up the crossbeam while the condemned hangs?

I've attached two renders, and my preferred method is obvious, though I'm curious what others think.
Wow - I REALLY like that second pic. Is that yours, Cadre?

Back
Top Bottom