Random Security Error

Go to CruxDreams.com

Darkprincess69

High Priestess of Slaanesh
I've been getting this message a lot lately;

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

This never used to happen until about a month ago, but recently it's becoming a major pain in the arse. It tends to happen when I try to post something, or click on a like or when I try to reply to a post. It seems to be totally random (though I'm sure it probably isn't), but so far I haven't found a reliable way to trigger it. At first I thought it was happening if I try to post messages too close together but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyone else seen this issue?

My Android tablet says 'Aw...snap!' which helps me to forgive it. But it has less memory than a goldfish, so it does struggle with the site sometimes.

These things can happen when memory is low, especially when the computer is running background programmes.

Last sunday, I had a security warning, the kind I get from my protection system when I enter a suspicious site. It happened when I was on CF, and coincided with a very slow reponse of the 'post reply' button. This resulted two times in a double posting, from which I subsequently deleted the second reply.

That message usually shows up when a CSRF security token doesn't match.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_request_forgery#Synchronizer_token_pattern

I've gotten it sometimes when I've had CF tabs open for ages and then finally want to do something with them (that makes sense, as the token is expired).
However there can be problems with certain add-ons breaking the tokens,

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...please-refresh-the-page-and-try-again.113715/
That's interesting. Maybe one of my multitude of ad-blockers and other crapware removers is screwing up the site, but it never used to happen. This is a recent thing, probably since the last time the site got updated. It does seem to happen when I have more than one tab open on the site (for example, when I get multiple conversation notifications, I tend to open them all in seperate tabs, meaning that I may have as many as four or five tabs open at once. Having said that, I regularly have more than ten tabs open on other websites without issues (16Gb RAM and a 6-core CPU doesn't generally suffer during web surfing so it's definitely not a limitation of my hardware - in any case I don't get anything like this with other websites)

Maybe the site doesn't like multiple tabs open (never used to be an issue so maybe the last update broke something) but even then I can't provoke this fault reliably - it just seems really random. I could understand if it choked on big file uploads (except that I never get problems with that) but to have it fall over by clicking a like seems a bit strange :(

I've been getting this message a lot lately;

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

This never used to happen until about a month ago, but recently it's becoming a major pain in the arse. It tends to happen when I try to post something, or click on a like or when I try to reply to a post. It seems to be totally random (though I'm sure it probably isn't), but so far I haven't found a reliable way to trigger it. At first I thought it was happening if I try to post messages too close together but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyone else seen this issue?
I haven't had any issues...

It seems DP and Kathy are finding it a persistent problem - anyone else?
If it is more widespread, we'll tell ImageMaker, he'll check what's going on with site and at XenForo.

I've had that message very occasionally, it's only been a brief hiccup.
I've been getting security warnings and plenty of evidence of baddies trying to get into apps I use for RL purposes lately,
my security's pretty efficient, and I think even when it's been breached I've managed to detect and boot the baddies out -
but ironically, the - quite separate - browser, email a/c etc. I use for CF and similar have remained pure and unsullied
(I do get Malwarebytes warnings when I click on some of the links members post, and of course I don't ignore those,
but attempts to sneak in unwanted stuff seem to happen in the RL zone).

It seems DP and Kathy are finding it a persistent problem - anyone else?
If it is more widespread, we'll tell ImageMaker, he'll check what's going on with site and at XenForo.

I've had that message very occasionally, it's only been a brief hiccup.
I've been getting security warnings and plenty of evidence of baddies trying to get into apps I use for RL purposes lately,
my security's pretty efficient, and I think even when it's been breached I've managed to detect and boot the baddies out -
but ironically, the - quite separate - browser, email a/c etc. I use for CF and similar have remained pure and unsullied
(I do get Malwarebytes warnings when I click on some of the links members post, and of course I don't ignore those,
but attempts to sneak in unwanted stuff seem to happen in the RL zone).
I've had no issues since I switched to Firefox... and, no, I don't mean Barb!!!

Back
Top Bottom