Ratiocrux

Go to CruxDreams.com

Fox-on-Cross

Great-Cruxinquisitor
Never I really dream about the cross though I am member since 2009.
It is always thinking, feeling and desiring.

That means, I think now, that the ratio is an important and indispensable part of the brain-activity, perhaps a security for self-defence against irrational movements as self-destruction.

Attachments

• Caspar David Friedrich.jpg
    Caspar David Friedrich.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 140
Everyone is the slave of his genes and the prisoner of his society. Often these are two opposing forces. Stuck as we are between duty and desire, ratio helps to keep us in the middle of the road between these opposing forces.

I have read once, that our body and our bodily functions have been shaped by evolutionary steps that were initially life-threatening, but that have been put under control, and that have been recuperated in a useful way. This includes malformations, invasions of bacteria, etc.. Our immunity system is such a case. Our body works on substances among which that are basically carcinogenic or poisonous. They make our body work and protect us, but in some occasions, they fall back on their roots, and turn against us.

Maybe this bipolarity has shaped our mind and explains why some people enjoy the apparently antagonistic desire and fantasy about getting subjected to an atrocious capital punishment like crucifixion.

Nice analysis, clear, short and peremptory.

We should be happy to get insight in "our most intimate feelings" (Messaline) of course with scientific ratio but the investigation into the depths of ourself hinders a complete overview, because we can not walk outside of our body and mind. Therefore is it a riddle why we do what we do, that we sometimes invent a fairy tale to sedate us.
Believe in The Bible and live with it but why believe just that is for someone no question.
I think that the tendency in our times goes to the preponderance of genes, thus 19th C materialism again, consequently racism. Our mind is secondary.

Perhaps with ratio we can make a theory why we love the cross, the pain, the loneliness and the humiliation, but never completely, others after us shall make newer theories.
In this way life rest irrational but we want the contrary.
IF... we should understand what life is, there would be a pill for the same sensation as our cross-session.

Back
Top Bottom