Renderotica.com problems

Go to CruxDreams.com

cruzifer

Assistant executioner
For quite some while I used to buy things at renderotica.com; namely by placing an order, making my payment instantly and find the download link in my renderotica-account. Only once there had been short delay, which I had reported by email and received both, quick reply and settlement.

Something seems to have changed at renderotica.com; either on their side or by the EU General Data Protection Regulation that has come into force last week and made several non-EU websites withdraw their services from EU clients/visitors.

I had made my payment like usual and in fact more than a week ago, but did not receive a download link nor any feedback at all through any of their digital channels (online form/various email addresses), some of which sent more than a week ago. As usual, the amount was taken from my account promptly with correct order ID given therein, and the artist whose product I paid for confirmed the ID's correctness from a list, where mine is missing (so he has not received some of my payment through renderotica.com).
I have mailed a registered letter to the post office box in Winnipeg, Canada, given in their "Site Terms and Conditions of Use" today, where I claim my money back and their written confirmation concerning my requested deletion of my personal account data. They do not reveal an office address or contact person.

I have become aware that other members of this forum have experienced the same problem, and I would like to encourage other victims to share their recent experience with renderotica.com - particularly those within EU legislation - below. Any feedback or explanations received from Winnipeg will be helpful.

Last edited:
Update: Reason for lack of feedback could be identified by (human) resources on vendor's side. As speculated, the website is not run by an organisation, and personal absence of individuals due to illness/vacation will affect operations - reflected by lack of feedback (> 48h).

Update: Reason for lack of feedback could be identified by (human) resources on vendor's side. As speculated, the website is not run by an organisation, and personal absence of individuals due to illness/vacation will affect operations - reflected by lack of feedback (> 48h).
Thank you for the additional information. We hope for the buyers, that the problems will fast solving.

Yes, I have published some stories on an ebook site and we all should be aware that this a niche area (sad to say, 100 copies makes a "best seller":(). These sites are not Amazon, they are often a one or two person operation. If it were a web site that started last week, fraud would be a possibility. But Renderotica has been around for a long time (maybe >10 years) and if they cheated customers they would have gone out of business many years ago.

Back
Top Bottom