Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com

Praefectus Praetorio

R.I.P. Brother of the Quill
I am fairly new here and dare to start a new discussion thread with great trepidation. However,

Through long and diligent research on the web, I have assembled, at significant cost to my health and substantial loss of eyesight (and sometimes excessive chaffing), a large inventory of 50', 60's and beyond , Pulp Magazine Covers and even some stories. I will be posting 1-3 a day for a while now. With each post I will be making some totally irreverent and possibly stupid comment. Readers are invited in good CF fashion to post their own comments and to denigrate mine. Of course, others are welcome to make their own contribution. I only ask that they limit themseves to 1-2 a day. I believe these vintage works of art deserve careful appreciation, on at a time.

Thank You.

Western Dandy.jpg
I really love this setting; the tough gunslinger enters the town bar pushing both swinging doors aside. (BTW anyone know why the heck western bars always had swinging doors?)

But the comment question her comes, as it often does, from the story teaser-titles.

Is the the Man who Stole Arizona? Or is it Kitty, Queen of Deadwood?

Either one, its a fabulous outfit!

I am very pleased to hear this! I grew up looking at those magazine covers back when drugstores had big magazine racks. I remember how comical it looked to have the poor, naked maiden in the foreground with a menacing Nazi brandishing a hot iron or a whip and in the background the heavy-muscled GIs breaking in the door and advancing with their tommy guns, ready to stop the evil activity. I doubt that happened very often. But the fantasies were great!

As for irreverent and stupid comments-- irreverent comments are pretty common on this site, but stupid, not so much, especially when compared to other blogs and conversations found on the web. But somehow I doubt your comments will be stupid. I think you will add a lot to our perverse little world here.

Last post for the day:
drill press.jpg
There are some many comments and questions possible here:

Of course we all respect the high competency of German craftsmen such as the Baldy at left who operates the drill press. But if he's such a good mechanic, how the heck did he cut off his left hand?

Next, an incredible pliant victim, unbound, one wrist held and other elbow grasped, just lets her wrist lay there. Fight babe!!!

Third, I suspect this was painted many years ago in anticipation of CF. They are using a new system of attaching to cross. First drill a pilot hole, then screw wrist to wood. Much neater, and allows later adjustment if victim is not hanging straight ( a major embarrassment to an executioner).

It must be Arizona, based on the sunny, dry look outside behind him. Deadwood is in the Black Hills of South Dakota in a gulch, so there are steep hills on all sides. But who cares? These magazine stories were for fantasy entertainment that required little use of the frontal lobes.

I am very pleased to hear this! I grew up looking at those magazine covers back when drugstores had big magazine racks. I remember how comical it looked to have the poor, naked maiden in the foreground with a menacing Nazi brandishing a hot iron or a whip and in the background the heavy-muscled GIs breaking in the door and advancing with their tommy guns, ready to stop the evil activity. I doubt that happened very often. But the fantasies were great!

As for irreverent and stupid comments-- irreverent comments are pretty common on this site, but stupid, not so much, especially when compared to other blogs and conversations found on the web. But somehow I doubt your comments will be stupid. I think you will add a lot to our perverse little world here.
Thank you for the kind words.:)

Can you imagine a magazine today called "Man's Power?" It looks like the poor damsel on the cover is getting a drilling with her grilling.
Don't you think that's whats missing in our society, a magazine called "Man's Power?"
Oops! probably get demerits from Barbaria!

I suspect this was painted many years ago in anticipation of CF. They are using a new system of attaching to cross. First drill a pilot hole, then screw wrist to wood. Much neater, and allows later adjustment if victim is not hanging straight ( a major embarrassment to an executioner).

Indeed, this was an early trial of the IKEA Krux flatpack, which comes with a ready-drilled Tjej.
Note (if you open in a new tab and enlarge) she's been tastefully branded with a swastika,
and her call-number on her left wrist.

These mags are interesting evidence for the history of women's undies -
I doubt they were wearing those in wartime, more likely around 1960?

Indeed, this was an early trial of the IKEA Krux flatpack, which comes with a ready-drilled Tjej.
Now that I look closer, those guys do look a little more Swedish than German. Many Swedish industrialists made their fortunes trading with Germany during the war. Could this magazine be documenting the beginning of IKEA? The instructions sheets always did seem written by a Sadist! Would someone research that, my eyesight is gone.

Thanks, Eulalia, your keen observation may lead to a whole new Nazi collaboration scandal!

It must be Arizona, based on the sunny, dry look outside behind him. Deadwood is in the Black Hills of South Dakota in a gulch, so there are steep hills on all sides. But who cares? These magazine stories were for fantasy entertainment that required little use of the frontal lobes.

Well for those of us from Arizona (which is me) it is not all desert. In the northern part of Arizona there are good amount of pine forests. So you get the best of both worlds as to which you would like to stage your torturous crucifixion.

(BTW anyone know why the heck western bars always had swinging doors?)

To hit the bad guys in the backside after they barge into the bars? :p

Ever wonder how Barbaria got her last promotion at the office?

Geeze !!!!! :spank::spank::spank::spank:

Note (if you open in a new tab and enlarge) she's been tastefully branded with a swastika,
and her call-number on her left wrist.

Funny clever! :D

And Eul demonstrates her knowledge of Swedish too! ;)

Back
Top Bottom