Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com
Is she the namesake of the "amphora"?
No - amphi means 'around', amphiktiones means 'people living near, neighbours',
and that was probably the meaning of the Amphiktyonic league.
The goddess's name is really a title for Demeter as the tutelary goddess of that alliance,
and especially of their get-togethers, that seem to have been both religious rites and boozy parties,
when amphorae were no doubt emptied in profusion - but I don't think the word's related.

PS just checked on that - amphora means literally 'two-eared', a nice name
for a two-handled wine flagon!

No - amphi means 'around', amphiktiones means 'people living near, neighbours',
and that was probably the meaning of the Amphiktyonic league.
The goddess's name is really a title for Demeter as the tutelary goddess of that alliance,
and especially of their get-togethers, that seem to have been both religious rites and boozy parties,
when amphorae were no doubt emptied in profusion - but I don't think the word's related.

PS just checked on that - amphora means literally 'two-eared', a nice name
for a two-handled wine flagon!
So, basically, she is the patroness of getting together and drinking.

All Hail The Party Goddess! Happy New Year!:borra2:
New-Year-Eve.jpg

Snakes Anyone?
Man's Action May 1960
Mans-Action-May-1960-600x779.jpg"Lt. Brown's Joy Girl Guerrilla Terror"
Man's Life December 1958
Mans-Life-December-1958.jpg"She Wolves on the Prowl" "A Yankee City went Rebel" "Master Lover-Master Spy"
Cover: "The Ordeal of the Nurse and the Corpsman" Nurses and Japs and Snakes! What could be Better?
Naked Art
Mans-Life-magazine-cover-December-1958-600x804.jpg

Men Today April 1965
Men-Today-April-1965-600x800.jpg
"Truth about your "Strange" sex impulses." Oh shit! Someone's hacked the CF database! Oh Shit!:eek:
"True West Novelette: Deliver your Virgins or We Burn the Town." What if we don't have any that are still virgins!
"Expose: Lowdown on the Want Ads 'Female Masseuse Available'". That's actually very timely. I've had this crick in my neck for days and I could use....What? Really? That kind of Masseuse? Well that's timely too!
"Passion Slave of the Blonde Whip Goddess" Oh yeah! Cute girl, nice outfit, nice bondage, whip snaking in. Yeah!
Cover: "Raw Meat for the Jaws of Hell". Art only OK. Girl is cute but over dressed. Torture concept very original but not very sexy - dragged behind a boat for the sharks to eat? But, The Blurb is sensational! "Raw Meat" - right on!

So Much to say.

This clearly reinforces the news that shark attacks are on the rise.
#4 - Ladies, don't you just hate it when the monster chooses when you're in the middle of dressing to break down your door? "I don't have a thing to wear!"
#5 one of the early iterations of the Daleks
#10 Part of Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show not usually shown in history books.

Last edited:
For those who may be stuck in the hospital for New Years Eve (and those who might end up there after too many Manhattan Honeymoons), nurses to ease your pain.
15356262959_fd1abdbd2c_h-600x807.jpg"she was lovely and warm, just what the patient needed!" Not to mention redhead!
34275018704_b321f04685_k-600x864.jpgHer sister- repeat comments.
37098212630_8f5ecbaa1e_k-600x937.jpg"She knew she was needed as a Woman as well as a Nurse." Oh yeah! And red!
Beacon-B493F-1961-600x992.jpg"Meg Gwyn was a beautiful sex-driven nurse without scruples, who neglected her patients and left her post to keep a passion Tryst." 'sex-driven nurse without scruples' - my kind! 'who neglected her patients and left her post to keep a passion Tryst' - can anyone really fault her!

Last edited:
Some more Motorcycle Baddies!
Men Today
20694475298_c4a29e67e7_o.jpg
"Are you a real man when it comes to sex?" Self Test - this magazine in the privacy of your own locked bathroom!
"The Russian Blood Beast Demands Your Virgins" Sorry. I already gave at the office.
"Latest Sin Kicks of Lust-Starved Divorcees" If they are lust-starved, doesn't that mean they don't lust?
Cover: "Terror of the Crazies - 'You Can't Split from Hell, Chick!'" Sweet tied Chick. Nasty looking chain coming down! A swastika for style.

Man's Conquest
21402533202_319b0739e9_o.jpg
"America's Sensational Strip of the Never-ending Orgy." Times Square? Sunset Strip? Las Vegas Strip? Try them all!
"Passion Lodges - Happy Hunting Grounds of Single Swingers" Are they talking about the Elks Lodge? 'Cause I never saw that stuff there.
"Hit the Silk - Hell's Waiting" 82nd Airborne assault on Normandy.
"The fantastic 92 days escape ordeal of Capt. Lawrence Fowler" Quite an Ordeal.
Cover: "Revealed: Street Freaks on a Rampage - How their sex hangups lead to Mayhem" Love the chick. Great outfit. It doesn't look like that peace symbol on her belly-chain will help her when the chains start to strike!

Back
Top Bottom