Revenge of the Pulps

Go to CruxDreams.com
Great set! #2 seems a rework of another cover
lf.jpgone of my favorites!
#6. The evil, clever Nazies are going to drag the girls behind a speeding tank(?). Guess they didn't have a Porshche.
#9 Hey Now!! I knew that girl when I lived in Reno! Sun V Alley near Reno is claimed to have the larges single trailer park in the world.

Yesterday I found a lot of inside scans. I am not sure but I think most - if not all - are from one of the "Men" series. A few have been manipulated. I tried to skip them.

00QA7dtKgFTOcKann3r5.jpg

"HELL SHIP OF BURNING WOMEN"
3HDtyNv2sGOHl5wcjEk1.jpgThey were bringing a shipload of happiness to many men in many ports

5mpAXiP3Z-Y2kT6SIGfq.jpg

"Commie plot to wreck Mexico´s olympics"
07cQZC4LxpgtNG10wpox.jpg

"Bloody butcher of the Berlin Wall"
8ozW2P0o4PiM0-odnYBl.jpg...where the charms of wifes, daughters and sweethearts are bargained for the desperate chance of escape!

"Bloody betrayal of Castro´s girl bankers"
8wpmYox6Q5jBFMPgJ9mN.jpgPrPr - have you been involved in that?

98tRD1UE6bfuni2vaX8t.jpg

"Raw lust on the bounty slaver to hell"
Read this blood-spattered document only if you can stand truth as raw as whip-torn flesh! ( So maybe nothing for my sensitive soul. )
B4nDNj_RR-Am1xX8AUeW.jpg

Yesterday I found a lot of inside scans. I am not sure but I think most - if not all - are from one of the "Men" series. A few have been manipulated. I tried to skip them.

View attachment 725880

"HELL SHIP OF BURNING WOMEN"
View attachment 725881They were bringing a shipload of happiness to many men in many ports

View attachment 725882

"Commie plot to wreck Mexico´s olympics"
View attachment 725883

"Bloody butcher of the Berlin Wall"
View attachment 725884...where the charms of wifes, daughters and sweethearts are bargained for the desperate chance of escape!

"Bloody betrayal of Castro´s girl bankers"
View attachment 725885PrPr - have you been involved in that?

View attachment 725886

"Raw lust on the bounty slaver to hell"
Read this blood-spattered document only if you can stand truth as raw as whip-torn flesh! ( So maybe nothing for my sensitive soul. )
View attachment 725887
Man's Book V6 #2 - Page 24.jpgNo Sacrifice is too great for Art!
Man's Daring V3 #3 - Page 4.jpgWhat started out as a game - soon became a sadistic contest of death. Note the accuracy of his last whiplash cut her left bra strap. Bravo!
Man's Daring V3 #3 - Page 36.jpgNo tortures the Nazis devised were as sadistic as the use of love-starved apes for their experiments on prisoners of war. Talk about a fate worse than death for those girls (I wonder of some enjoyed it??) As is often the case this is a black and white redo of the color cover
Man's Daring V3 #3 - Page 1.jpg

Okay, I am back from the Bermuda Triangle, with a few more old pulp covers for your perusal, all of which feature women in rather traumatic situations.

37399.jpg
Lots of strange, sadistic weirdness going on in this one, including a huge spiked wheel, some guy in a white hood, and a distressed damsel with majorly revealed boobiage.

20983787-uncanny-tales_tube-girl.jpg
Yet another naked woman in a big glass tube and a couple of very nasty-looking baddies.

29062186-lf-600x859.jpg
"Oh no, not the spiked thingie!" This would appear to be the work of the very prolific Hugh Joseph Ward.

31416708-lf-600x843.jpg
More spikes, and a whipper guy who looks like Robert Duvall.

Ace-High-Detective-Magazine-V11-August-1936.jpg
A very strange predicament bondage situation going on here.

dime june 39.jpg
Finally, more interesting boobiage, and bondage using newspapers!

Okay, I am back from the Bermuda Triangle, with a few more old pulp covers for your perusal, all of which feature women in rather traumatic situations.

View attachment 729680
Lots of strange, sadistic weirdness going on in this one, including a huge spiked wheel, some guy in a white hood, and a distressed damsel with majorly revealed boobiage.

View attachment 729681
Yet another naked woman in a big glass tube and a couple of very nasty-looking baddies.

View attachment 729682
"Oh no, not the spiked thingie!" This would appear to be the work of the very prolific Hugh Joseph Ward.

View attachment 729683
More spikes, and a whipper guy who looks like Robert Duvall.

View attachment 729684
A very strange predicament bondage situation going on here.

View attachment 729685
Finally, more interesting boobiage, and bondage using newspapers!
Love #3 and #5

Man's Daring V3 _3 - Page 4.jpg

I like the space that the two-page spread gives the artist. On a lot of covers, if the woman is pictured large enough to get a good look at her, the meanie/villain/bad guy (hero?) is too close to effectively flog her (especially if he's using a nice long whip like this one), and the whole thing often winds up looking a bit ludicrous. And as you noted, Praefectus Praetorio, the big guy has just managed to sever the lady's bra strap, and the best is yet to come: lash after lash across her bare titties. That dress doesn't look like it'll hold up much longer, either.

LOL, the whipper guy is the spitting image of a good friend of mine.

Moderators notice: Please use always the thumbnail option!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the last of my old pulp covers with women in painful or precarious situations.

dimemystery01.jpg
I guess a good whipping wasn't enough for these folks.

mystery_tales_193912.jpg
The blindfolded hero (chump?) is being forced to brand the damsel.

Mystery_Tales_Feb_1936__M_W_.jpg
A red-robed fiend, molten metal, and a peek of areola!

MysteryAdventureseptsaunders.jpg
A thoroughly bound pair from Norman Saunders. If she would just wiggle a bit, those shreds of fabric might fall, exposing her nipples. Cobras are deathly afraid of nipples.

Spicy-Western-Stories-November-1936-600x845.jpg
Horse bondage, with a little whipping thrown in for good measure. Hugh Joseph Ward came up with this one, and I think it is one of his sexiest covers.

western01.jpg
I think this is by Ward also--cactus bondage, ouchy ouch ouch!

Last edited:
Nice set of contributions. I have neglected posting for quite some time, being obsessed with my writing. But I shall try to do more regularly here.
In a shameless plug for my current story http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/the-nazi-lust-ordeal-of-the-virgin-belly-dancer.7528/
Adventure Magazine with an Arab Theme
9e8107e8032a01a984297b506495fc59.jpg
"For Men - The Secret of Enduring Sex Power" An always popular topic in the whole of man's history before the little blue pill.
"The Most Evil Woman of All: Queen of the Strumpets!" Evil? Sounds like she provides a valuable public service. Don't listen to a few complaining girls (@Barbaria1 )
"The Place where the Bad Girls Were" Show me the way!
"Europe's Sultry Sweetheart: The New Sexbomb" Bring her on.
Cover Art. Less revealing than some, though the girl is fetching enough. French Foreign Legion men saving girls from a fate worse than death in the Sultan's Harem. Love him holding her swinging from the chandelier. However, wonder what the girls fate will be when those horny soldiers get them back to the fort?

Last edited:
Continuing the Arab theme (see above - be sure to read and Like/Love my story)
December 1960 True Adventures Super size format
4740172 Dec 1960.jpg
"Every Man Should Read: "How To Tell If She's Really Faithful" Required reading
"Sex A La Carte - Honky-Tonk Town" Wonderful idea. Only pay for the parts of sex you want!
"Violent Violet's Strip-Tease Trap - Kiss Me and Die!" Lovely poetic epithet and name! I read this at age twelve and was terrified to enter a strip joint until age 35!
Cover Art/Story "I Saw the Slave Girl Market"
Dastardly Arab Slave traders capturing a set of American girls on holiday, sunbathing in the Middle of the North African desert in bikinis. Nicely equal opportunity with three blondes, one redhead and one brunette. (Note the brunette is, typically, complaining - "Hey come over and rape me too! Don't I count?") The redhead has nice look of fear!
One American man staggering down the hill against four plus Arabs. Should be an easy fight!

Continuing the Arab theme (see above - be sure to read and Like/Love my story)
December 1960 True Adventures Super size format
View attachment 730668
"Every Man Should Read: "How To Tell If She's Really Faithful" Required reading
"Sex A La Carte - Honky-Tonk Town" Wonderful idea. Only pay for the parts of sex you want!
"Violent Violet's Strip-Tease Trap - Kiss Me and Die!" Lovely poetic epithet and name! I read this at age twelve and was terrified to enter a strip joint until age 35!
Cover Art/Story "I Saw the Slave Girl Market"
Dastardly Arab Slave traders capturing a set of American girls on holiday, sunbathing in the Middle of the North African desert in bikinis. Nicely equal opportunity with three blondes, one redhead and one brunette. (Note the brunette is, typically, complaining - "Hey come over and rape me too! Don't I count?") The redhead has nice look of fear!
One American man staggering down the hill against four plus Arabs. Should be an easy fight!

Thanks for posting this great cover, one I am pretty sure I have never seen before. Violent Violet sounds like she should have her own action figure and comic series, and as for the scantily clad women out in the middle of the desert, they show up in all kinds of places on these covers. Probably had something to do with nuclear testing back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
June 1959 Man’s Wildcat Adventures (the same magazine that provided the title illustration for my new story http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/the-nazi-lust-ordeal-of-the-virgin-belly-dancer.7528/ - Did I mention that before?) Art by Burroughs
18913431-Wildcat_Adventures_-_1959_05_June_-_First_issue_Burroughs_Arab_Peril-8x6.jpg
Special Book Bonus, “Junkie” You see where this kind of stuff leads – Sex Drugs and Rock n Roll!
“We raided the Bored Wives’ Bordello” Let the poor bored wives have some fun!
“Sgt. O’Neill finds a dangerous paradise – The Cooperative Women of Bali” I think we all know what “cooperative” means here, wink wink, nod nod, nudge nudge!
Cover Art Story “I fought the White Slavers of the Middle East” Hey buddy, who asked you to interfere? White Slavery is an ancient and honored tradition! Go back to America and end segregation, why dontcha?
Oh, Sheikh. How much for the blonde?

All right, here are a few old comic book covers with bondage and perilous situations.

comics01.jpg
Lois Lane spread-eagled on a truck as Superman goes bye-bye.

comics02.jpg
Spread-eagled again, this time on a giant dartboard, as Superman once more leaves the scene. Beginning to think he might not care all that much for Lois.

comics03.jpg
I'm also beginning to think I may have missed a lot back in the day by being a diehard Marvel Comics fan. Anyway, Lois is tied up again, along with two other nicely attired women. This time Superman APPEARS to be coming to the rescue.

comics04.jpg
Now it's Wonder Woman who is spread-eagled, in her hip seventies outfit, or what's left of it.

comics06.jpg
Here she is in her regular old duds, tied up with her mom.

comics05.jpg
And last but not least, she's REALLY spread-eagled in this one, tied to a thermonuclear bomb. And no, that's not phallic, not in the least.

Last edited:
True Action Magazine, date and artist unknown. With Arab theme cover reminding one of my latest story “The Nazi Lust Ordeal of the Virgin Belly Dancer” currently being serialized on another thread.
ae8df7aae6206d80a30e2e04a4bb9b93.jpg
“True Booklength Adventure – The Yank’s Five Years in Africa’s ‘Stockade of the Damned’” Five years? In the Stockade of the Damned? Hard to see the fun in that.
“Day the Panzers Raided France’s City of Beautiful Women.” Sounds like Fun! Would that be Angers? Any city with @messaline and Judith certainly qualifies as a City of Beautiful women!
“The U. S. Skipper who outfoxed Japan’s Super Battleship” This would be the Shinano,1280px-Japanese_aircraft_carrier_Shinano.jpg originally a Yamato-class battleship, that was converted to an aircraft carrier during construction. Displacing over 69,000 metric tons, she was the largest aircraft carriers built at that time. The only larger ships were the sister ships, Yamato and Musashi, the largest battleships ever built. She was sunk by the USS Archerfish (SS/AGSS-311) which was a Balao-class submarine, under Commander Joseph F. Enright. Joseph_F._Enright.jpg Enright received the Navy Cross for this action. To this day, Shinano is the largest warship to be sunk by a submarine.
Cover Art: French Foreign Legion Types rescue (or abduct for their on lustful needs) a beautiful harem girl, while confused Arabs shout complaints.

Last edited:
All right, here are a few old comic book covers with bondage and perilous situations.

View attachment 731675
Lois Lane spread-eagled on a truck as Superman goes bye-bye.

View attachment 731676
Spread-eagled again, this time on a giant dartboard, as Superman once more leaves the scene. Beginning to think he might not care all that much for Lois.

View attachment 731677
I'm also beginning to think I may have missed a lot back in the day by being a diehard Marvel Comics fan. Anyway, Lois is tied up again, along with two other nicely attired women. This time Superman APPEARS to be coming to the rescue.

View attachment 731681
Now it's Wonder Woman who is spread-eagled, in her hip seventies outfit, or what's left of it.

View attachment 731682
Here she is in her regular old duds, tied up with her mom.

View attachment 731683
And last but not least, she's REALLY spread-eagled in this one, tied to a thermonuclear bomb. And no, that's not phallic, not in the least.
Surprising the amount of suggestive material there!
comics02.jpg
This in particular speaks to me (or more precisely to my p***k). I see writing a future story about a high stakes, high risk dart game. Forget Superman rescuing!

A few of my finds
bdsmlr-22598-ixE2dP9yXk-og.jpg I lived in an amazing amazon female village - Lucky guy!
bdsmlr-22598-K6bgyaA2gk.jpg Film poster. Starring two notorious sexy horror artist, Christopher Lee and Karin Dor
bdsmlr-22598-kUOZIr84DX.jpg Another film poster. Looks like a typical PrPr story :)
bdsmlr-22598-KXAskeO9HX.jpg bdsmlr-22598-Rfab1CkC5c.jpg Two spicy mystery. I think they are from the forties. Racy pics for the time.

Simple misunderstanding of local customs, it's the North African version of buzkhazi, where instead of horsemen seizing and hurling goats, skilled riders on racing camels grab girls off the sand, dodge and weave to prevent their rivals seizing them, and aim to throw them into their goals, which are their tents at oases a day's ride apart!

Another Arab Cover - did I mention "The Nazi Lust Ordeal of the Virgin Be.... Oh? I did?

Rage Magazine January 1963 Extra Large Format, artist, John Duillo(?)
“The Magazine for real men” - meant for “real men” who wanted “real” adventure stories back in the 1950s and 1960s. (As opposed to those fashion-conscious girly men who wanted to read candy-ass, egghead fiction stories like those published in magazines like PLAYBOY, ya know?)
12637432005_c62671878f_o.jpg
I’ll skip right to the cover story with one of my favorite artworks. The fat, diabolical sheikh, the parade of terrified girls, a blonde, and brunette and two – count ‘em two – redheads is very nice. I can almost hear the whip lashing into their soft flesh.
The inside story page
RAGE, Jan 1963, art by John Duillo-8x6.jpg
And the teaser enlarged
RAGE, Jan 1963, art by John Duillo-8x62.jpgIf that doesn't make you read on, you don't belong here!
Here is the transcribed start of the story, too good to miss:
The powerful muscles of the naked black castrate’s arm rippled as he raised the heavy whip. His face a bland and disinterested mask, he glanced over at the hawk-nosed sheik on the raised dais. The sheik nodded and lay back among the silken cushions, ready to watch.
The huge black’s arm shot forward. The whip’s vicious tongue whistled through the air.
The young girl shrieked in agony as the thong bit through the flesh of her soft breasts. Her slender body arched violently, trying to wrench free from the heavy chains that bound her to the marble column. Screaming shrilly, she struggled in futile desperation.
The whip lashed forward again and again. Hideous welts began to crisscross her nude body, Blood spurted from her tortured flesh and trickled down the curves and planes of her slender form.
“Again – whip her again!” Sheik Suleiman bin Hamid shouted in a hoarsely feverish voice that was more like a rasping croak. His eyes glittered with an insane light and, wild with perverted
lust, he wiggled and writhed impatiently among his cushions.

Wow! Great writing! And how did the author know to describe my reaction as if it were the Sheik’s?

Another Arab Cover - did I mention "The Nazi Lust Ordeal of the Virgin Be.... Oh? I did?

Rage Magazine January 1963 Extra Large Format, artist, John Duillo(?)
“The Magazine for real men” - meant for “real men” who wanted “real” adventure stories back in the 1950s and 1960s. (As opposed to those fashion-conscious girly men who wanted to read candy-ass, egghead fiction stories like those published in magazines like PLAYBOY, ya know?)
View attachment 732300
I’ll skip right to the cover story with one of my favorite artworks. The fat, diabolical sheikh, the parade of terrified girls, a blonde, and brunette and two – count ‘em two – redheads is very nice. I can almost hear the whip lashing into their soft flesh.
The inside story page
View attachment 732301
And the teaser enlarged
View attachment 732302If that doesn't make you read on, you don't belong here!
Here is the transcribed start of the story, too good to miss:
The powerful muscles of the naked black castrate’s arm rippled as he raised the heavy whip. His face a bland and disinterested mask, he glanced over at the hawk-nosed sheik on the raised dais. The sheik nodded and lay back among the silken cushions, ready to watch.
The huge black’s arm shot forward. The whip’s vicious tongue whistled through the air.
The young girl shrieked in agony as the thong bit through the flesh of her soft breasts. Her slender body arched violently, trying to wrench free from the heavy chains that bound her to the marble column. Screaming shrilly, she struggled in futile desperation.
The whip lashed forward again and again. Hideous welts began to crisscross her nude body, Blood spurted from her tortured flesh and trickled down the curves and planes of her slender form.
“Again – whip her again!” Sheik Suleiman bin Hamid shouted in a hoarsely feverish voice that was more like a rasping croak. His eyes glittered with an insane light and, wild with perverted
lust, he wiggled and writhed impatiently among his cushions.

Wow! Great writing! And how did the author know to describe my reaction as if it were the Sheik’s?

There are certainly some nice whipping descriptions in the text in this one, I'll say that.

connoisseurs:

Thanks for posting some great film posters I had not seen before, although I think I might have actually seen one of the films. (I must admit I gravitate toward anything with "sadism" in the title.)

bdsmlr-22598-KXAskeO9HX.jpg bdsmlr-22598-Rfab1CkC5c.jpg
These two Spicy Mystery covers are either by Hugh Joseph Ward or somebody following his style. Quite a few of this mag's stories around this time period appear to have had science-fiction elements; that one guy's hat is really a scream.

Back
Top Bottom