Nailing

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yes, I think my legs should be forcibly parted,
being able to 'protect' myself, even just instinctively pressing my thighs together,
is a privilege I shouldn't be granted.
I've suggested before that the optimum way would be to have the upright bevelled,
the side corners planed to 45°, so when I'm nailed through my feet to those angled edges,
my knees would be forced apart - I'd be able to use them to lift myself
as long as I could bear to, but never bring them together.​
Yes, I agree having the knees forced apart would leave the victim more exposed. Using a round pole would also work, and it is probably what they frequently used. Why would the Romans bother to spend all the effort to plane a square cross when a pole or tree would work just as well?

Yes, I agree having the knees forced apart would leave the victim more exposed. Using a round pole would also work, and it is probably what they frequently used. Why would the Romans bother to spend all the effort to plane a square cross when a pole or tree would work just as well?
Or, why even bother cutting the wood in the first place.
I think Josephus said that the Romans crucified rebel Jews on olive trees outside Jerusalem. Olive trees have very hard wood & can grow very thick trunks. The trunks can remain standing long after the tree has died. However the trunks rarely grow straight, like a pine or cedar. they are bent & twisted. this would have lead to some very interesting poses.
olive1.jpg olive2.jpg olive3.jpg
Martin Scorsese may have been thinking of this when he the two thieves crucified on trees in "The Last Temptation of Christ".
lasttemp.jpg

A strong account, heartfelt.

This is a popular theme, I have noticed. In this case innocence joined with womanhood, you are punished this way because the people need it, want it, and you are available. Your life is theirs, your death also, and joining the two, your harsh suffering for their pleasure.

So cruel. Is it comforting, or even more cruel, to give a little sympathy, a little care like this, and then snatch it away?
Alone, and yet not. the audience is there, the people watch, your suffering is public, and yet you are alone in it. A paradox.

True. But then, to empathise may also be to suffer with her. Some may enjoy it, to experience her suffering, to be on the cross not in the crowd.
A strong account, heartfelt.

This is a popular theme, I have noticed. In this case innocence joined with womanhood, you are punished this way because the people need it, want it, and you are available. Your life is theirs, your death also, and joining the two, your harsh suffering for their pleasure.

So cruel. Is it comforting, or even more cruel, to give a little sympathy, a little care like this, and then snatch it away?
Alone, and yet not. the audience is there, the people watch, your suffering is public, and yet you are alone in it. A paradox.

True. But then, to empathise may also be to suffer with her. Some may enjoy it, to experience her suffering, to be on the cross not in the crowd.
I have always felt solidarity with the women in pictures and stories crucified. Obviously it turns me on but I have also cried reading stories thinking about a sister raped, humiliated, suffering. I feel I would do more for her suffering the same beside her so she is not alone!

fine writing Danielle - yes, the minutes they let you lie there,
shuddering in your growing awareness of what it means to be nailed,
never to move freely again, feeling the pain surge through you,
knowing it's only the beginning ...
it's an important part of the Torture of Crucifixion,
your Executioners will ensure you suffer it to the limit!​
What's really coming is a post being installed nearby with a can of oil and a torch. You are not finished with your ordeal yet, my pretty one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking about how I would be reacting right after my nailing and my
cross was still laying on the ground with me nailed to it.

I see myself sobbing uncontrollably, struggling and writhing from the pain and
finding it hard to believe that I am actually held to this piece of wood by nails.
I think I would be struggling the most at this point, hoping to somehow get free of my
cross even though it's impossible. I would know that once my cross is raised, any chance
I have would be gone.

I would look around desperately hoping to see a friend or a loved one that could come over
to try to comfort me at least. I would look at my nailed wrists not being able to believe
what I am seeing. But the pain and agony tells me it's real. I would be crying out for help.
"Please please somebody please help me.....please....". I know I did nothing wrong so I would
be trying to make sense of why I am nailed to this cross. I would then realize that my only
crime is being a woman and that these people just wanted to see a woman in anguish, struggling
on a cross....

I would pray. "dear god please help me.....please have mercy on me lord...please I beg you. Please
don't let this happen to me.....please god please.....".

Then a friend would be allowed to come over to me. She kneels down next to me and strokes
my face telling me how sorry she is. I begin to squirm and struggle more, looking up to her and
say "please help me.....oh god please help me please....". She tells me she wishes she could just
as she is grabbed by the arms and dragged away from me. I struggle and cry so hard as I see
that. And then I am alone again with my fear, agony and anguish...

As much pain as I am in, I know it will increase in intensity several fold once my cross is raised.
There is shuffling around me. I know the time has come for my cross to be raised. I struggle
harder on my cross, but the nails hold me tight to the wood. I then feel my cross begin to
rise, and I cry out loudly...."oh god please no....please no......oh god no....."

Another moving depiction, Danielle - thank you. I doubt I could describe my own fantasies of being crucified so eloquently... when I read this I imagined witnessing your nailing in person - observing your brutal ordeal helplessly from above, hanging nailed to a cross nearby.

the scary thing is that once the spikes wreck your wrists and feet youre a dead woman
Even if you were takem down from your tree infection gangrene or blood poisioning would kill you by inches.
more merciful to hang there and hopr some passing stranger slips a knife into your guts or amuses himself by choking you out as you squirm against tjjhe nails

I've been thinking about how I would be reacting right after my nailing and my
cross was still laying on the ground with me nailed to it.

I see myself sobbing uncontrollably, struggling and writhing from the pain and
finding it hard to believe that I am actually held to this piece of wood by nails.
I think I would be struggling the most at this point, hoping to somehow get free of my
cross even though it's impossible. I would know that once my cross is raised, any chance
I have would be gone.

I would look around desperately hoping to see a friend or a loved one that could come over
to try to comfort me at least. I would look at my nailed wrists not being able to believe
what I am seeing. But the pain and agony tells me it's real. I would be crying out for help.
"Please please somebody please help me.....please....". I know I did nothing wrong so I would
be trying to make sense of why I am nailed to this cross. I would then realize that my only
crime is being a woman and that these people just wanted to see a woman in anguish, struggling
on a cross....

I would pray. "dear god please help me.....please have mercy on me lord...please I beg you. Please
don't let this happen to me.....please god please.....".

Then a friend would be allowed to come over to me. She kneels down next to me and strokes
my face telling me how sorry she is. I begin to squirm and struggle more, looking up to her and
say "please help me.....oh god please help me please....". She tells me she wishes she could just
as she is grabbed by the arms and dragged away from me. I struggle and cry so hard as I see
that. And then I am alone again with my fear, agony and anguish...

As much pain as I am in, I know it will increase in intensity several fold once my cross is raised.
There is shuffling around me. I know the time has come for my cross to be raised. I struggle
harder on my cross, but the nails hold me tight to the wood. I then feel my cross begin to
rise, and I cry out loudly...."oh god please no....please no......oh god no....."
I would help you Dani,I will not let you die on that cross.

Nooooo nonono NO get this thing away from me!
You will see, if you force this through my foot, the huge sawteeth leave open wounds on both sides, that are not filled up by the following part.
Rapid bloodloss and quick exit follow.

So you will disappoint yourself:
Your attempt: crucifixion, ... your mistake: exaggeration, ... your result: exsanguination!

Here is my tender suggestion, raise me up with first, with ropes, and I can do my best. No need to become afraid, it is not like I will tear loose and devour you.
When you become bored, you can give me the nails; make them simple and round, and then I have more time to ponder my insufficience.
Should you make it more like the fifth picture before - I might even have opportunity to improve myself.
they would keep a body in place
- only if what is desired is only a body but little life in it...

You can make the nails even a bit smaller than these...
crux2.jpg crux36.jpg

In popular depictions of crucifixion possibly derived from a literal reading of the translated description in the Gospel of John, of Jesus’ wounds being »in the hands«, the condemned is shown with nails in their hands. Although historical documents refer to the nails being in the »hands«, the word usually translated as »hand«, »χείρ« in Greek, referred to arm and hand together, so that, words are added to denote the hand as distinct from the arm, as »ἄκρην οὔτασε χεῖρα« (he wounded the end of the χείρ, i.e. he wounded her hand).

A possibility that does not require tying is that the nails were inserted just above the wrist, between the two bones of the forearm (the radius and the ulna). The nails could also be driven through the wrist, in a space between four carpal bones. The Gospel word χείρ (cheir), translated as »hand«, can include everything below the mid-forearm: uses this word to report chains falling off from Peter’s »hands«, although the chains would be around what we would call wrists. This shows that the semantic range of χείρ is wider than the English hand, and can be used of nails through the wrist An experiment that was the subject of a documentary on the National Geographic Channel’s Quest For Truth: The Crucifixion, and of a brief news article, showed that a person can be suspended by the palm of their hand. Nailing the feet to the side of the cross relieves strain on the wrists by placing most of the weight on the lower body.

Another possibility, suggested by Frederick Zugibe, is that the nails may have been driven in at an angle, entering in the palm in the crease that delineates the bulky region at the base of the thumb, and exiting in the wrist, passing through the carpal tunnel.

The remains of Jehohanan, possibly indicate that each heel was nailed seperately to the side of the stake. Jehohonan, as he was called, had died 1st half of 1st cent. C.E., and so was a close contemporary of Jesus, and his crucifixion was likely to have been carried out in a similar way. Jehohanan’s remains were discovered in 1968 by a team of archaeologists led by Vassilios Tzafe Jerusalem.

It was shown by some remarkable experiments in 1953 which were done on corpses that for effective suspension by a nail the hand cannot be pierced between the metacarpal bones. Doing that merely means that the nail will tear the flesh and crucifixion fail. Driving a nail through the carpal bones works well, and leads to ulnar nerve palsy. The Turin Shroud shows a man with just such a palsy and with nails in the carpal bones (and not where all mediaeval paintings put the nails).
zugibe8.jpg zugibe6.jpg Donnadieu.jpg Barbet.jpg
Scholars of crucifixion have also explored techniques used to secure the upper extremities to the cross. Popular belief and many artistic depictions have long depicted nails passing through the palms of the hands of the crucified victim. Many critics have challenged this theory, however, citing the mechanical inability of the hands to support the weight of the crucified body on the cross. Cadaveric studies have indeed supported this criticism, demonstrating that nails simply tear through the flesh between the metacarpal bones when secured to a cross in this manner. If nails are passed through the wrist, however, the arms can support the weight of the body because of mechanical support from the transverse carpal ligament, flexor retinaculum, and carpal bones of the hand. Ossuary findings near Jerusalem and the Shroud of Turin have provided additional evidence on the topic, supporting the theory that nailing of the wrists was performed between the radius and ulna bones.

Many artistic depictions also show the hands in a characteristic clenched posture. In this crucified clench position, the third and fourth fingers are completely flexed, the middle finger is partially flexed, and there is complete extension of the index finger and thumb. Passage of a nail through the hand or wrist, with resultant distal median nerve damage, would not result in this hand posture, as finger and thumb flexors in the forearm would be spared. This crucified clench, on the other hand, results from median nerve dysfunction at the elbow/proximal forearm, likely as a consequence of prolonged upper extremity abduction, extension, and external rotation on the cross.

Crucifixion and Median Neuropathy - (2).jpg Israhel van Meckenem.jpg

I love your concern that your executioner might be disappointed if you expire too quickly.;)

It's all a question of what we want for each other ;)

Look at the description from Zeyphyros above, the example of nailing between the forearm-bones, and sideways through the heels, is probably the most painful to imagine.

With this, I would be in practice, dead the moment it is done, and the remaining time is mostly a matter, of waiting (and hoping) for my heart to catch up to the reality and stop beating...

However I don't feel there will be much opportunity for dramatic movement and interesting games.
Any attempt to create force to lift myself up , whether pushing with feet or pulling with arms, will cause such horrible pain that it stops quickly.

Now imagine a different methodology.

You bring me to the place of pain, and there are already some victims crucified there (I see my fate).
Some only bound with rope, some with nails.

To make room for me on a cross, you cut free one of the bound victims.
She is wrecked, exhausted but she lives. You say, "she has had her part, back to the slave-barrack with her". (Now you have created in my mind the imagination that perhaps I could survive, and you can manipulate that). Perhaps you order me to take part in this, so I experience very closely her condition.

You tie me to the cross, doing it so that I can use as much force to pull myself up and any direction. Just after that, you hammer nails through the feet of a victim beside me, who was also bound with ropes (Now you have created in my mind the question, What to do to avoid this fate?).

Whatever it is - I fail, and in the next procedure my feet are nailed to the wood. But also, you draw the nails out of the previous victim, take her from the cross and let her collapse to the ground there, and proclaim to the crowd, "I have no use for this anymore, but if any of you want to do something with her, she is yours for a copper coin", and perhaps someone comes forward, who is too poor to purchase a slave on the normal market, but takes this gamble - she lives: he has a beautifuls slave (who perhaps cannot walk too well, but there are enough chores and services she can provide still....); she dies: only copper lost.
So even in this moment you maintain in me, the illusion of hope...

In the final step of the procedure, if you so wish, you can nail the hands/wrists, remove the ropes, and let the howls of hopelessness entertain your ear... you can add to torment, by letting unanswered the question - why were others released, but not me?

It can be just as much about playing with the mind as the body, so it may be preferrabel to not do everything all at once, all the hardest way.

Give some room for ambiguity...

Let hopes grow high enough that they are worth crushing, and you may have a better spectacle...

There's no credits on some of these but they all look a bit Quoomy. If not credit where they are due. I think they are great and are worthy of being posted again if they have already been done so.

View attachment 259811 View attachment 259812 View attachment 259813 View attachment 259814 View attachment 259815 View attachment 259816

The model has really fine legs in 3 and 4!
they are indeed made by Welsh Web another former CF artist (drawings and photograps) The girl is Sonia and we have some more from her in our archives. Here is the conlusion of part 1
Sonia sercruc-0137.jpg
he made many many photographs and they are all everywhere on the net and even in our archives

they are indeed made by Welsh Web another former CF artist (drawings and photograps) The girl is Sonia and we have some more from her in our archives. Here is the conlusion of part 1
he made many many photographs and they are all everywhere on the net and even in our archives

It looks so real ! :eek:

And the setting, has she been nailed by a lover, a friend? Did she ask for it??

When it's time to nail a pretty girl on the cross,i prefer to see the feet. It's seem more sensual and sexy;specialy if the girl as beautiful feet. The lie down position for me is the better way also we can see her legs.I'm looking forward for your respond.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom