Crucifixion Stories by Rufus

Go to CruxDreams.com
Part 4​

The day was going by slow, I couldn’t wait until evening, I wondered what kind of surprise that they had for me. Finally, as the sun started to go down, it was time to go. Me and Mark made our way to the house of Longinus. Sofia greeted us, I was excited to see her again.

“Everything is ready” Sofia said

“You wait here” Mark told me, he and Sofia went around the corner and made their way to the yard.

As I was waiting, I could not stop thinking, what exactly do they have in plan for tonight? What kind of surprise? Am I going to like it? Maybe it was a bad idea to come here.

While I was still in my thoughts, I saw three Roman soldiers walked in from the yard to the room I was in. I recognize Longinus and Mark dressed in Roman soldiers clothing, as well as another man that I did not know. Mark was carrying the rope in his hands.

“What is going on?” I asked

“Rufus-Simeon the Cyrene, you are convicted of the crime against Roman Empire and will be crucified” Longinus said in a deep and powerful voice. “Tie him up” he ordered.

Before I was able to say anything Mark and the other soldier pushed me to the ground and pull my hands back and started tying my hands.

“Pick him up”

The raised me to my feet and took me under my arms and led me outside. Is this what they planned for me tonight? I can believe Mark would do such a thing? I thought to myself. As we walked outside I notice there was around ten people who were all looking at me. Sofia was one of them. I notice there was a pole standing in the middle of the yard. It was not there yesterday when Sofia was showing me the yard. The soldiers pulled me to the pole.

“Strip him” Longinus ordered.

Are they serios? Is this a game for them or something? I couldn’t believe it was happening.

First, they untied my hands, then they united my belt. One of them grabbed the robe from the shoulders and pull it down. In the matter of seconds, I was standing there naked, wearing nothing but a small little white loincloth. I could feel the breeze on my body. My heart started beating really hard.

They pushed me to the whipping post and tied my hands above my head. At this point my body was stretched, I was barely touching the ground. Suddenly, without warning, the first lash strikes my back sending a searing pain completely around my body. My head jerks back in reaction and I gasp. Then another lash, I tried not to scream. I received ten lashes.

Finally, it is over. I am sagging hanging from the pole. After a bit, I was untied from the whipping post and fell on the ground.

Longinus forced me to kneel. I wait there, feeling blood circulate normally, breathing unhindered.

Oh god... in spite of the heat, a chill runs through my body. I see them bringing up a large wooden beam. They are real. Big, heavy, ominous. I try not to look, but I can't help it.

The beam is placed beside me, and then lifted over my shoulder. Splinters dig in to my skin as the weight of the wood presses me down to the ground. The thing is damned heavy.

My back is lashed, and I hear someone say "Pick it up." The lash again. I push up, moving my legs under my body and just as I think I am getting the cross up in a standing position, a severe lash hits me again and I falter, back on my knees. Three more attempts, with a number of lashes, and I have the cross over my shoulder as I stand and begin to walk.

I began to walk under the heavy wooden beam. I felt so ashamed, how stupid I was to mention something like that to Mark. But there seemed to be no turning back. We walked couple of the round around the yard while the onlookers where watching.

Finally, we came back to the pole. I am thrown over on my back with a tied beam.

I feel the rough edges of the cross beams under me, pushing ridges in to my back. My arms are tied to a beam.

Then I saw Longinus pull out two pig spikes out of the bag and a hummer. And that is when things got real to me. Are they really going to nail me to the cross? I thought it was just a game, I though maybe they just wanted to let me experience the cross, but I never thought it was to that extend. I panic and scream loudly, as the spike is placed next to my wrist.

“Please, no, I don’t want this, what are you doing” I beg for mercy.

“No Marcy for you Rufus” I hear Longinus said.

Mark and another soldier pressed my hands to a beam. The huge hammer comes down and starts pounding. The spike is being driven in to the wood next to my wrist, not in it, but my hysterics are going, I can't stop screaming, yelling, crying as the nails are pounded in.

Heavy ropes are tied around my wrists, and looped around the nails, and then the beam.

I feel like throwing up from pain, exhaustion, stress and fear.

I lay still for a while, eyes closed. The heavy upright beam of the cross is under my back, and I press with my feet on the ground on either side of it to lift myself off of it for a moment.

Ropes are tied to the top of the cross, though I am only slightly aware of what they are doing until suddenly I am lifted firmly and in one movement onto the top of the stipe.

I feel my weight shifting down as I rise up in to the air. As I reach the upright position, there is a sudden jerk downward. My weight jerks down and I am hanging by my arms from the cross. Panic sets in again, as the muscles in my shoulders stretch and begin to cramp. My legs kick and seek support but find nothing.

I am hanging on the cross.

I look down, and see my bare chest heaving, sweat trickling down my stomach, and my feet searching. They grabbed my legs and positioned my feet against the side of the stipe and quickly tied on each side of the pole.

I started to feel pull on my wrists, and the waves of pain jolted me and as my entire body weight dropped down. I had to find relief and the only way was to push down on my tied feet. I tensed my legs to keep them straight, so as to take my weight and pushed down on my tied heels.

My naked tied body hung from the cross. I looked down and took a look at my body. I could see my chest, heaving, and the rippling muscles of my stomach tensed, I looked down at my feet which were a few inches apart, tied to the sides of the uprights, my legs were slightly spread. I looked to my right, and saw my arm, stretched tightly on the crossbeam.

I could not believe that I was stretched on the cross naked. I looked up and I notice that people were watching me, they seemed to enjoy watching me dancing on the cross and trying to breath.

Then I notice Sofia, I see her looking at me. What is she thinking seeing my naked body stretched on the cross? Our eyes met, she was so beautiful. Everyone seemed to just sit and look at me, I am sure I was entertaining. I was focused on trying to breath. After about an hour on the cross which felt like eternity I began to filly dizzy feeling like I am about to lose consciousness. I didn’t have that much strength to lift my body anymore. Then it was over.

I opened my eyes, “where am I?” I wondered, I felt the pain on my back and my arms, my body felt sore. Then I saw Sofia sitting next to me.

“It’s okay Rufus, it’s okay” she said gently.

“What that real?” I asked her

“Yes, it was” she said quietly

“What do you think?” I asked

“Well you did a great job considering everything you had to go through” she continued, “you have really nice body Rufus, you looked really amazing stretched naked on the cross.”

I got slightly red.

I was still naked wearing only a loincloth. She gave a robe to wear and helped me to put it on. She had such a kind touch. Then Mark and Longinus walked in.

“Hope you enjoy it” Mark said with a smirk on his face “lets go home, you need to rest.”

IMG_5981.JPGIMG_5985.JPGOn the cross.png

To be Continued...

Was he really nailed to the cross or was it only a simulation ?
It's possible : during one of my real crucifixions , when I was lied to the patibulum, my friends had hammered nails just near my wrists and , my imagination doing , I really was beleiving that I was nailed ! It was stupendous !!! :rolleyes:

Was he really nailed to the cross or was it only a simulation ?
It's possible : during one of my real crucifixions , when I was lied to the patibulum, my friends had hammered nails just near my wrists and , my imagination doing , I really was beleiving that I was nailed ! It was stupendous !!! :rolleyes:

The spike was being driven in to the wood next to his wrist, not in it, just to make him believe like he is being nailed.

Part 5​

“Where is the last prisoner?” the Centurion asked.

“Here is your man” replies guard, as he pushed me out the prison door.

My hands are tied to a patibulum, I am strip of my clothes, wearing only a small white loincloth.

“Come on we don’t have much time” the centurion said with frustration.

The gates opened, and they pushed us into the street. There is four other man led to crucifixion. Like me, they were naked only wearing a small loincloth. I was last out of the gate.

We walked slowly. The guards keep shoving me forward and yelling at the rest of the condemned to get moving. We walked out the city gate and can see the hill where tall posts were buried in the ground. This was where prisoners were taken to die on the cross.
Before I knew it, we were standing at the foot of five tall posts sticking out of the ground. The guards started to nail the prisoners one by one as they screamed in agony.

Suddenly, I felt a boot against my side. One of the guards kicked me over on my back. Two more guards grabbed my wrists and dragged me onto the patibulum I’d carried up from town. Then the guard took out three spikes out of the bag.
"Please, no! No!” I begged and cried.
The guard only laughed cruelly and then slapped me across the face. My heart was beating so hard.
"Listen!", the man who hit me yelled into my face. "You are going to hang naked on the nails! Everybody wants to see your crucifixion dance!"

Suddenly I felt something cool touch my wrist and then... Bam! The hammer hits the big nail and it's driven into my flesh. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” I yelled in pain, my hand, wrist and arm exploded in pain. In my agony again, I felt the spike touch my other wrist, and again blows of the hammer made it sink deeply inside my body. I felt the same red-hot fire of nail in my other hand, wrist and arm. I cried, yelled, kicked my legs around but nothing could ease the pain out. Then I felt my own body being dragged into the sky. As I was dropped onto my post, I was in agony. I immediately felt my shoulders and chest expand as my wrists took the full weight of my body. I looked at the ground as my feet hung uselessly by the post.

The next thing I felt was my feet being roughly positioned, one on top of the other, against the post. Two guards held my ankles as a third positioned a nail against my pale skin. Three blows with the heavy hammer and my feet were nailed to the post. Pain shot through my arms, ankles and legs.

And here I am. Naked, attached to the cross with nails, hanging in agony trying to catch a breath. My hands and feet pierced through and sending bolts of pain into my brain. As the soldiers looked at me dancing on my cross I screamed in pain.

Then someone tap on my shoulder,

“Rufus, Rufus” I heard the familiar voice of my cousin Mark.

I opened my eyes and see myself on my bed with my hands stretched.

“I see the crucifixion had an impact on you yesterday, you been sleeping for 14 hours now.” Mark said, “I heard you scream” he continued “and decided to wake you up.”

I was in shock from my dream, it seemed to be so real.

“Sofia stopped by earlier to check on you” Mark said, “she brought you some food. I think you made pretty good impression on her yesterday while hanging in your loincloth on the cross. She was not able to take her eyes of you, you might want to go see her tonight” Mark finished with a smile.

I ate the food and started to get ready to go see Sofia towards the evening. I walked down to her house and knock on the door. Longinus opened the door. He was glad to see me. He asked me how I liked the experience last night and we chatted shortly.

“Can I speak to Sofia, she stopped by earlier today and brought me some food and I wanted to thank her for that.” I requested.

“Sure” Longinus responded, “you guys can take a short walk, just make sure she is safe, there is a lot of crazy people out there and she is my only daughter.”

“She will be” I responded, “I will make sure”

Sofia stepped outside, she is gorgeous. Dark hair with blue eyes, she was short, tin and had an amazing figure.

“Hello Rufus” she said with a big smile on her face

I couldn’t hold the smile back.

“Thank you for stopping by today and bringing me food” I said as we began walking.

She smiled in response.

“I’m sorry for what you had to witness yesterday, I didn’t know that they are going to do such a thing” I began.

“You don’t have to apologize, I enjoyed every moment. You looked handsome stretched naked on the cross. Never seen a young man with such a perfect body” she replied.

“When my dad told me that they were planning the crucifixion experience for you, I couldn’t wait until evening.”

“What did you like the most?” I asked with hesitation.

“To be honest, every part. When you came out the house tied with the rope, when they ripped your clothes off and you stood there naked with your tiny white loincloth. It was incredible to see you stretched on the weeping post and then carry the tied patibula. I still remember the look on your face when they pulled out the nails, I remember the screams as you thought they were nailing your wrist. But mostly I enjoyed you dancing on the cross, I was able to see almost every part of your body.”

I was shocked how open she was about what she saw last night.

“How do you think it feels being nailed to the cross?” I asked,

“I’m sure it is really painful,” she said quietly.

“Well, I had a dream last night of me being crucified. It was pretty scary” I said.

“Tomorrow is the day that Pilate holds public hearings on everyone who gets arrested throughout the month and gives out the sentence for each of them, they just arrested this Christian leader Daniel that will be on trial tomorrow as well as some zealots, if Pilate finds them guilty then they will be crucified next day, do you want to go?” Sofia asked.

“Wouldn’t miss it for anything” I relied.

As we were walking back to Sofia’s home. Two drank man came to us, one pushed me to the ground and the other came to Sofia and grabbed her by her hip.

“You look really sexy, we will have some fun tonight at Soldiers quarters.” Said one man.

They were Romans soldiers off duty. Sofia start pushing them off, but they were persistent.

I saw a big wooden stick on the ground. I grabbed it and hit the man that was touching Sofia, he fell, and she was free. The other man run up to me.

“Run Sofia” I screamed to her, and she did.

I pushed the other man off me and he felt on the ground. As I turn to run, I was pushed to the ground by two Roman soldiers that were on duty patrolling the city. As I was on the ground, they hold me down and then pulled my hands back and start tying them up. There was nothing I was able to do. They picked me up on my feet with my hands tied. As they lift me up, the Centurion arrived.

“What is going on here?” he said

“This man was trying to kill two of our off duty Roman soldiers” one soldier said.

“I wasn’t” I protested, “they tried to rape my friend”

“And where is your friend?” Centurion asked with a smirk on his face, “He is a zealot, take him to the prison, chained him up for tonight, tomorrow he will stand before the Pilate” Centurion said.

The soldiers on each side of me started leading me through the city. It was getting darker; the sun was going down. As they were pushing me through the city, people were turning around to see who was arrested.

“Another zealot, he will end up on the cross” someone said.

Soon we arrive at the gate of Praetorium. As we walked in we made our way to the prison door.

“I got another prisoner” the soldier said to a prison guard who was sitting by the door.

“He is a zealot, tried killing two Roman soldiers tonight” the soldier continued.

“What is your name, and how old are you?” the guard asked,

“Rufus, and I am 18” I responded.

“Such a young criminal” he responded. “Tomorrow you will stand before the Pilate, for such a crime you will end up nailed to the cross, we will show you the Roman hospitality.”

Two other prison guards walked in the hall.

“Strip him, he will not need his clothes anymore and take him to the inner cell where that Christian fanatic Daniel is and the criminal from Spain Carlos. Those are important criminals” the prison guard stated.

The untied my hands and pull down my robe and took of my sandals. I was standing there naked wearing my white loincloth. The guards put my hands and feet in shackles and walked me inside the prison. As I was walking I seen many man in little prison cells. I saw a man tied to a whipping post and another guard was scourging him. The prisoners were all looking at me. We went deeper into the prison.

Finally, the door was opened to a prison cell and I was pushed in there. There was two man in shackles chained with their hands above their heads to the wall. They were naked wearing only a loincloth. The guard set me next to one of them, pull my hands above my head and chained me in the same position.

“Got you another crucifixion partner” the guard said with a smile, “can’t wait to nail you all to your crosses” the guard continued as he walked out and lock the cell door. I could not comprehend what was going on, one minuet I am talking with Sofia and the other minuet I am in a prison cell, I was hoping it’s a dream, but I knew it was real. The fear filled my heart, the reality of crucifixion started hitting me. I am too young to die, there is hope, maybe Pilate will pardon me tomorrow.

The man who was sitting next to me looked like he was older than me but in his mid-twenties.

“I am Daniel” he said “What your name?

“Rufus” I replied quietly

“What did they get you for? He asked.

To be Continued…

done 2.png done 3.png post 1.png

An interesting story and nicely illustrated, I feel your personal interest in this Rufus. Well done.
Now to the business end of the tale!

:clapping:
Part 5​

“Where is the last prisoner?” the Centurion asked.

“Here is your man” replies guard, as he pushed me out the prison door.

My hands are tied to a patibulum, I am strip of my clothes, wearing only a small white loincloth.

“Come on we don’t have much time” the centurion said with frustration.

The gates opened, and they pushed us into the street. There is four other man led to crucifixion. Like me, they were naked only wearing a small loincloth. I was last out of the gate.

We walked slowly. The guards keep shoving me forward and yelling at the rest of the condemned to get moving. We walked out the city gate and can see the hill where tall posts were buried in the ground. This was where prisoners were taken to die on the cross.
Before I knew it, we were standing at the foot of five tall posts sticking out of the ground. The guards started to nail the prisoners one by one as they screamed in agony.

Suddenly, I felt a boot against my side. One of the guards kicked me over on my back. Two more guards grabbed my wrists and dragged me onto the patibulum I’d carried up from town. Then the guard took out three spikes out of the bag.
"Please, no! No!” I begged and cried.
The guard only laughed cruelly and then slapped me across the face. My heart was beating so hard.
"Listen!", the man who hit me yelled into my face. "You are going to hang naked on the nails! Everybody wants to see your crucifixion dance!"

Suddenly I felt something cool touch my wrist and then... Bam! The hammer hits the big nail and it's driven into my flesh. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” I yelled in pain, my hand, wrist and arm exploded in pain. In my agony again, I felt the spike touch my other wrist, and again blows of the hammer made it sink deeply inside my body. I felt the same red-hot fire of nail in my other hand, wrist and arm. I cried, yelled, kicked my legs around but nothing could ease the pain out. Then I felt my own body being dragged into the sky. As I was dropped onto my post, I was in agony. I immediately felt my shoulders and chest expand as my wrists took the full weight of my body. I looked at the ground as my feet hung uselessly by the post.

The next thing I felt was my feet being roughly positioned, one on top of the other, against the post. Two guards held my ankles as a third positioned a nail against my pale skin. Three blows with the heavy hammer and my feet were nailed to the post. Pain shot through my arms, ankles and legs.

And here I am. Naked, attached to the cross with nails, hanging in agony trying to catch a breath. My hands and feet pierced through and sending bolts of pain into my brain. As the soldiers looked at me dancing on my cross I screamed in pain.

Then someone tap on my shoulder,

“Rufus, Rufus” I heard the familiar voice of my cousin Mark.

I opened my eyes and see myself on my bed with my hands stretched.

“I see the crucifixion had an impact on you yesterday, you been sleeping for 14 hours now.” Mark said, “I heard you scream” he continued “and decided to wake you up.”

I was in shock from my dream, it seemed to be so real.

“Sofia stopped by earlier to check on you” Mark said, “she brought you some food. I think you made pretty good impression on her yesterday while hanging in your loincloth on the cross. She was not able to take her eyes of you, you might want to go see her tonight” Mark finished with a smile.

I ate the food and started to get ready to go see Sofia towards the evening. I walked down to her house and knock on the door. Longinus opened the door. He was glad to see me. He asked me how I liked the experience last night and we chatted shortly.

“Can I speak to Sofia, she stopped by earlier today and brought me some food and I wanted to thank her for that.” I requested.

“Sure” Longinus responded, “you guys can take a short walk, just make sure she is safe, there is a lot of crazy people out there and she is my only daughter.”

“She will be” I responded, “I will make sure”

Sofia stepped outside, she is gorgeous. Dark hair with blue eyes, she was short, tin and had an amazing figure.

“Hello Rufus” she said with a big smile on her face

I couldn’t hold the smile back.

“Thank you for stopping by today and bringing me food” I said as we began walking.

She smiled in response.

“I’m sorry for what you had to witness yesterday, I didn’t know that they are going to do such a thing” I began.

“You don’t have to apologize, I enjoyed every moment. You looked handsome stretched naked on the cross. Never seen a young man with such a perfect body” she replied.

“When my dad told me that they were planning the crucifixion experience for you, I couldn’t wait until evening.”

“What did you like the most?” I asked with hesitation.

“To be honest, every part. When you came out the house tied with the rope, when they ripped your clothes off and you stood there naked with your tiny white loincloth. It was incredible to see you stretched on the weeping post and then carry the tied patibula. I still remember the look on your face when they pulled out the nails, I remember the screams as you thought they were nailing your wrist. But mostly I enjoyed you dancing on the cross, I was able to see almost every part of your body.”

I was shocked how open she was about what she saw last night.

“How do you think it feels being nailed to the cross?” I asked,

“I’m sure it is really painful,” she said quietly.

“Well, I had a dream last night of me being crucified. It was pretty scary” I said.

“Tomorrow is the day that Pilate holds public hearings on everyone who gets arrested throughout the month and gives out the sentence for each of them, they just arrested this Christian leader Daniel that will be on trial tomorrow as well as some zealots, if Pilate finds them guilty then they will be crucified next day, do you want to go?” Sofia asked.

“Wouldn’t miss it for anything” I relied.

As we were walking back to Sofia’s home. Two drank man came to us, one pushed me to the ground and the other came to Sofia and grabbed her by her hip.

“You look really sexy, we will have some fun tonight at Soldiers quarters.” Said one man.

They were Romans soldiers off duty. Sofia start pushing them off, but they were persistent.

I saw a big wooden stick on the ground. I grabbed it and hit the man that was touching Sofia, he fell, and she was free. The other man run up to me.

“Run Sofia” I screamed to her, and she did.

I pushed the other man off me and he felt on the ground. As I turn to run, I was pushed to the ground by two Roman soldiers that were on duty patrolling the city. As I was on the ground, they hold me down and then pulled my hands back and start tying them up. There was nothing I was able to do. They picked me up on my feet with my hands tied. As they lift me up, the Centurion arrived.

“What is going on here?” he said

“This man was trying to kill two of our off duty Roman soldiers” one soldier said.

“I wasn’t” I protested, “they tried to rape my friend”

“And where is your friend?” Centurion asked with a smirk on his face, “He is a zealot, take him to the prison, chained him up for tonight, tomorrow he will stand before the Pilate” Centurion said.

The soldiers on each side of me started leading me through the city. It was getting darker; the sun was going down. As they were pushing me through the city, people were turning around to see who was arrested.

“Another zealot, he will end up on the cross” someone said.

Soon we arrive at the gate of Praetorium. As we walked in we made our way to the prison door.

“I got another prisoner” the soldier said to a prison guard who was sitting by the door.

“He is a zealot, tried killing two Roman soldiers tonight” the soldier continued.

“What is your name, and how old are you?” the guard asked,

“Rufus, and I am 18” I responded.

“Such a young criminal” he responded. “Tomorrow you will stand before the Pilate, for such a crime you will end up nailed to the cross, we will show you the Roman hospitality.”

Two other prison guards walked in the hall.

“Strip him, he will not need his clothes anymore and take him to the inner cell where that Christian fanatic Daniel is and the criminal from Spain Carlos. Those are important criminals” the prison guard stated.

The untied my hands and pull down my robe and took of my sandals. I was standing there naked wearing my white loincloth. The guards put my hands and feet in shackles and walked me inside the prison. As I was walking I seen many man in little prison cells. I saw a man tied to a whipping post and another guard was scourging him. The prisoners were all looking at me. We went deeper into the prison.

Finally, the door was opened to a prison cell and I was pushed in there. There was two man in shackles chained with their hands above their heads to the wall. They were naked wearing only a loincloth. The guard set me next to one of them, pull my hands above my head and chained me in the same position.

“Got you another crucifixion partner” the guard said with a smile, “can’t wait to nail you all to your crosses” the guard continued as he walked out and lock the cell door. I could not comprehend what was going on, one minuet I am talking with Sofia and the other minuet I am in a prison cell, I was hoping it’s a dream, but I knew it was real. The fear filled my heart, the reality of crucifixion started hitting me. I am too young to die, there is hope, maybe Pilate will pardon me tomorrow.

The man who was sitting next to me looked like he was older than me but in his mid-twenties.

“I am Daniel” he said “What your name?

“Rufus” I replied quietly

“What did they get you for? He asked.

To be Continued…

View attachment 628412View attachment 628413View attachment 628414
Wonderful story Rufuss, very well written:clapping:

Those illustrations are the manipulations of myself, I have made planty of them.

Thanks for commenting, it inspires me to keep writing when I see other people's interest.
Very good manipulations. You are writing about my and many others favorite theme, Roman Era, and it's wonderful. Keep on writing.

Part 6​

“Attempted murder of two Roman Soldiers” I replied quietly, thinking of the situation that has happened couple hours ago. “Its unfair” I continued, “I was just trying to protect my friend, they were trying to hurt her” I said almost through tears in my eyes.

“That’s to bad,” he replied, “Romans have no mercy on those who attack their own”

“What is going to happen to us?” I asked,

“Tomorrow is the day when the Pilate sits on the judgment seat and gives verdicts, if you lucky he might let you go” Daniel tried to give me hope.

As my eyes began to adapt in the dark, I notice that Daniel who was sitting right next to me was a young man as well, his hands was chained above his head. I can see that he has been flogged. He to was naked only wearing a loincloth.

I can't lie down, the chains are too short, but I suppose it doesn't matter. The thoughts of what will be happening in a few hours are enough to assure I won't be getting any sleep tonight.

“How long have you been here?” I asked Daniel.

“Only a week” he replied, “usually the prison serves as a holding place for those awaiting judgment, tomorrow we will know our destiny”.

Its cold, and I am naked, except for a loose loin cloth. Having my hands chained above me begins to hurt. The shackles themselves are not that bad, but not being able to lower my arms is making the blood run out of my arms and cramps are setting in. I stand, just to lower my arms and let the blood flow down, instead of up. This helps a lot, and after a bit, I sit back down and begin to doze.

“Wake up you scum” I heard a loud voice.

Two soldiers picked me and unchained my hands. Before I was able to realize what they were doing, I was being dragged through the prison corridors. They pulled me into a big room, what look like a torture chamber. I was pushed to the ground.

“Do you remember me hero?” one of the soldiers asked.

I recognize him, it was the soldier that tried to attack me and Sofia, he was still drunk.

“We will show you some Roman hospitality. I want to see you now hero” the soldier continued.

They tied me to a pole that was in the middle of the room with my hands above my head. I was barely touching the ground. WHIPPPPP came cracking down by back, it was like someone has cut my skin. It was really painful, my whole body jumped. Then there was another hit and another, I screamed in pain, how can anyone bear this.

After around ten lashes they cut me down and I fall down on the ground in pain. One of the soldiers came up to me and said, “Tell us where that girl is at and you will be free immediately”

“I can’t do that” I replied

Then there was a punch in my face that threw me to the ground.

“If you don’t, you will be hanging on the cross tomorrow with nails going through yours hands and feet.” The soldier yield at my face. “I’m sure your girlfriend will enjoy watching your naked body dancing on the cross in agony for the last time.”

How can I do that, I don’t want to die, but I can’t tell them where Sofia is at, I know what they are cable of, I hope she is safe.

“Take him back” was an order, “can’t wait to nail you the cross”

They drag me back to the cell and chained my hands up again.

The whipping I received earlier in the evening left welts, which still sting. The whipping was short, they left the worst for tomorrow. As I begin to drift, almost dozing from exhaustion, I hear the clinking of chains, two other prisoners are still here.

Hours passed until the early morning sun lit the cell with early shadows. Once again the iron bolt was slid and six soldiers strode in and grabbed me and the other two man, they unchained us and got us on our feet. Then they dragged us out and down the narrow passage to the outside yard. We passed a row of heavy lumber which, judging by the numerous nail holes, were the beams used for crucifixion. This was a chilling sight as one of the soldiers goaded that we will be fixed to them.

As I was walking my heart was beating harder and harder, the two soldiers next to me was making sure I walked faster. We walked into the yard and I saw Pilate sitting on a judgment seat. There were many soldiers standing on the sides.

Carlos was the first one to stand before the Pilate.

“So you are the famous Spaniard that we have been looking for, we finally caught you and you are not escaping this time” Pilate began.

“You are condemned to crucifixion” Pilate gave orders without giving Carlos an opportunity to response.

I can see behind the soldiers there is a crowd of people that came to witness the court proceedings. I remember Sofia inviting me to come with her last night, I did not think that I will be on this side.

Next was Daniel, the soldiers brought him to Pilate and pushed him on his knees.

“So, you are that Christian that been spreading the news of the Messiah?” Pilate asked.

Daniel was just looking down without saying anything.

“Where is his accusers?” Pilate asked.

Two priests came forward and began telling Pilate how Daniel is the false prophet and a follower of Jesus.

“Crucify him, crucify him” we heard the crows began to chant.

“I am tiered of all your religious debates, I crucified your Lord, so be it, I’ll crucify you too” Pilate continued “Scourge him and he must be crucified.”

“Who is next?” Pilate asked

The soldiers push me towards the Pilate and threw me on my knees.

“What is this young man here for?” Pilate asked

“He was trying to attack two of our soldiers last night” Centurion replied.

“Hmmmm, Brave little hero over here” Pilate continued

“Are you a zealot?” Pilate asked

“No” I replied quietly “I was just trying to protect my friend from the attacks of two drunk man, please have mercy, I am innocent” I continued.

“Haha, well guess what? I decide who is innocent or not. I will make a lesson out of you to all other young Jews who think they can fight the Roman rule” Pilate said in anger.

“You are condemned to be CRUCIFIED” Pilate proclaimed.

Pilate turn around and walked inside the palace. I could not believe my ears. My whole world went crushing down. I couldn’t believe it. I was hoping I was dreaming but I was not.

Pilate gave order for immediate crucifixion.

The two soldiers pushed me to the side where Carlos and Daniel were sitting. Then I notice a poll in the middle of the yard, I saw another soldier walk in with a whip in his hands.

“Give me the Spaniard first” Centurion ordered

They picked up Carlos and led him to the pole. As he faced the whipping post, they chained his hands to the post high above his heads. He was ready to be whip. His body was stretched, and he was barely touching the ground. He stood trembling in terror awaiting the first blow of whip to land across his back. At first the impact felt as if his back had been struck with something heavy as the impacts of the whip threw him forward into the post. Carlos screamed in agony as the soldier kept whipping him. His body began to turn red from all the scourging.

I sat there in fear watching how they scourged him, the thought of me being scourged crossed my mind. It is the strangest feeling to look at him and realize I will soon be whipped in the same way. I felt the sweat on my body. Finally, the flogging was over, they cut him down and he fell on the ground with no strength, two soldiers dragged him back to the wall.

“Bring me the youngster next” Centurion gave order.

The picked me up and led me to the pole, I can feel the breeze on my naked body. The two soldiers put my hands into chains. The chains from my wrist shackles are looped over a high hook and pulled taught, so that I stand straight against the post, facing it. I know what’s coming. I am almost on tip toe as it is. I stand... waiting. My body is completely stretched.

The talking subsides... and suddenly, without warning, the first lash of the flogger strikes my back sending a searing pain completely around my body. My head jerks back in reaction and I gasp.

To be continued…

a1.jpg part 6b.png

Back
Top Bottom