Sabina 3.0

Go to CruxDreams.com

apostate630

Administrator
Staff member
After a long spell spell of realspace stuff (years worth, to be told), Jekakk is working on a Sabina render.

Here are some examples. Tomorrow I will post some of Jedakk's observations.

For now, enjoy.

Attachments

• Sabina S4 Petite IDL test 1 back.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite IDL test 1 back.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,880
  • Sabina S4 Petite IDL test 1 face.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite IDL test 1 face.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,876
  • Sabina S4 Petite IDL test 1 front.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite IDL test 1 front.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,892
  • Sabina S4 Petite Natacza IDL lights test 1 back.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Natacza IDL lights test 1 back.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,892
Some more.

And some more from Chincy. Jedakk commented that some of my images were more suited to my story. I agreed.

Attachments

• Sabina S4 Petite Natacza IDL lights test 2 back.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Natacza IDL lights test 2 back.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,953
  • Sabina S4 Petite Natacza IDL lights test 2 front.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Natacza IDL lights test 2 front.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,992
  • sketch024 copy 2.jpg
    sketch024 copy 2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,954
  • Cross4-4.jpg
    Cross4-4.jpg
    687.4 KB · Views: 2,016
marvelous :ymdevil:

Mel: Those images are truly amazing. You can even see the freckles on Petite Natacza!
Julie: I think he's using Poser 8...must be rich.
Mel: What makes you Jedakk is using Poser 8
Julie: Because he's using Indirect Lighting (IDL) which is a recent addition.
Mel: Would you recommend that he uses the script by Dimensions 3D included with P8?
Julie: Well...it does give more control over IDL
Mel: I agree, the script also allows you to set up the IDL bounces independently from the raytraced bounces.
Julie: And of course you can set up the IDL irradiance cache, IDL intensity and more!
Mel: Shall we stop winding these good people up and watch telly with a bottle of Rose?
Julie: Sounds good to me! :)

Melissa

melissa said:
Mel: Those images are truly amazing. You can even see the freckles on Petite Natacza!
Julie: I think he's using Poser 8...must be rich.
Mel: What makes you Jedakk is using Poser 8
Julie: Because he's using Indirect Lighting (IDL) which is a recent addition.
Mel: Would you recommend that he uses the script by Dimensions 3D included with P8?
Julie: Well...it does give more control over IDL
Mel: I agree, the script also allows you to set up the IDL bounces independently from the raytraced bounces.
Julie: And of course you can set up the IDL irradiance cache, IDL intensity and more!
Mel: Shall we stop winding these good people up and watch telly with a bottle of Rose?
Julie: Sounds good to me! :)

Melissa
hans: heeeuuhhh a bottle after all those you both drunk already? :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

A couple more preliminary renders, and Jedakk's account on How He Did Them.

----- Original message -----
To: "apostate630" <apostate630@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 04:50:12 +0300
Subject: Re: New Sabina character.

The S4 posts on DAZ3D's forum go on for more than 60 pages. She is an extremely versatile figure, and there are literally thousands of Victoria 4 accessories that will conform and fit her. As for the insanity in her eyes, I think that's because her eye whites are too white and need some work. I attached a close-up of her face, of which the skin also needs work because I didn't really want it that blemished. Although it might be ok for when she's been on the cross for a while. That's a texture called Vanilla Sky that just came out and is also causing some stir.

I also attached a few renders of her in a couple of the poses from the old Sabina animation, and using a different texture. The ones that have "std lights" in the file name are with the default studio lighting in Poser, and the ones with IDL in the file name are using indirect lighting. One big difference between the two is that with IDL, you can have ambient occlusion, where a figure can cast a shadow on itself. That's why the crack of her ass looks more realistic under IDL, although I haven't managed to get the light colors and brightness the way I want them yet. Further, I examined her ass through the entire set of animation poses and it seems to hold its shape realistically, unlike the older V3 figure I was using. This version has the bun hair I am thinking of using, although I'd like it to frame her face better. But with no loose pieces to animate, this makes things a lot simpler.

It also helps that I rebuilt my entire system here with Windows 7 64-bit and Poser Pro 2010 - lots of improvements and with a native 64-bit rendering engine it uses all of my quad processor and 8GB of RAM, so it's possible to get quality renders in a lot less time than before.

Jedakk

Attachments

• Sabina S4 Petite Natacza IDL lights test 2 lt.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Natacza IDL lights test 2 lt.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,750
  • Sabina S4 Petite Natacza IDL lights test 1lt.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Natacza IDL lights test 1lt.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,732
More from Jedakk, for Meilssa and Julie:

They are right about the IDL, but I was using something called IDL Studio to set it up. And I got both Poser 8 and Poser Pro 2010 upgrades as a package deal from Smith Micro, who is the current owner of Poser. I have been using Poser Pro 2010, which has all of the Poser 8 features plus more, along with a 64-bit render engine that takes advantage of all of my 8GB of RAM and quad processor. Even so, those IDL renders take a little time - not so much individually, around 2.5 minutes for the ones you saw, but figure that up for a 3000 frame animation and it would be over 5 days. And that's for only this one figure without any props or background. So no IDL for animation renders, those will be ordinary lights. I'll save the IDL for still scenes.

The good news is that I succeeded in migrating the entire Sabina animation from the old V3 figure to the S4 one. It needs some tweaking to get it exactly right, but that will save a lot of work. Attached are a couple of renders of her with a cross. Only thing is that now my cross's texture resolution doesn't match the realism of this new figure, so I'll have to work on that. And this figure is using a texture called Magda, not Natacza as I thought. The two came together from the same source and I was mistaken about which one I used.

Jedakk

Attachments

• Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 1 back.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 1 back.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,856
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 1 front.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 1 front.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,962
Hi,
I agree with jedakk that it is important to get the girl's eyes looking more natural. I've had a quick go but I'm sure jedakk will be able to do much better. I also think props such as the cross should also look natural as in the attached pic. Arcimboldo never let himself down as far as props were concerned. Where did he get them from?

Melissa

Attachments

• Down 622.jpg
    Down 622.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 1,738
  • girl1.jpg
    girl1.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 1,684
Don't know where Arcimbloldo got his props, but Jedakk crafted his own, but is having "issues" adapting them now, as you will read.

More preliminary renders, more of my email tag with Jedakk:

Re: Fwd: Re: New Sabina character.
"jedakk@fastmail.fm" <jedakk@fastmail.fm>
View Contact
To: apostate630 <apostate630@yahoo.com>
The thought occurred to me that with realism at this level, I could produce a video clip that ran in a small window, like a YouTube video for example, and many people would be fooled into believing that it's real. My guess is that there might not be any uncanny valley for crux pervs; I think that they'd accept any character whether real or not, but at some point the realism might become too much for those whose fetish is deeply rooted in fantasy. The horror of a real crucifixion, no matter what many would like to believe, has never been faithfully portrayed other than in writing - it was worse than they imagine. Written descriptions don't hit you in the face the way images, particularly video with sound, do. I told you a couple of years ago when I put together that Sabina animation with screams and crowd noise that when I first viewed it, I thought I might have gone too far. And there was at least one Foundation member who commented about The Serpent's Eye that he didn't want to know what the victim experienced.

Do I have time for this? I have a somewhat slower time right now than I have had for the past couple of years. One of the big problems I had with Poser work was that back in 2008 when Poser Pro came out, I tried to make the conversion to it and ended up facing a mountain of work to convert file references over from Poser 7. The Sabina Animation file wouldn't even open completely because, due to changes in the program itself, it wasn't able to find all of the geometry and texture references. My Poser libraries weren't all that well organized. It was a huge mess.

So since June, I have upgraded yet again to Poser Pro 2010, got some utilities that automate the clean-up of Poser libraries, and I now have an efficient setup to work with. That is a giant leap toward productivity. I have achieved the migration of the animation sequence from the old Sabina to the new version, only took the Puppet Master program about 12 hours to convert 2400 frames. There's a lot of it you haven't seen before because of the hair animation problems. I have a hair prop that eliminates those problems, even if it's not as sexy as a long ponytail. So development from here on out should be quite a bit quicker than it used to be. Quality is a couple of orders of magnitude better and rendering speed is much improved. I think I've almost got it to the point where I can fit in some play time on Poser here and there even if I do get swamped with work.

Jedakk

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:30:42 -0700 (PDT), "apostate630" <apostate630@yahoo.com> said:
> Jesus Christ on a bike, Jedakk. These renders hold incredible promise.
>
> Forgive my blasphemy, but I zoomed in on the figures and could see their pores, for Lord's sake.
>
> This realism is incredible. You're approaching "the uncanny valley."
>
> I decline to post any links. Google that term, if you haven't heard of it already. I don't think it will be a problem for crux pervs, but you should know.
>
> Meantime, I have to know. Do you really have the expendable time for Sabina? Either renders or animation?
>
> My thought is that you don't.
>
> If you do, my heart will sing.
>
> By the way, if your heart needs to sing on general principles, a segment from "Peter's Friends," a twenty year old movie. Old friends doing an impromtu rendition of Cole Porter's "Just the Way You Look Tonight."
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W6JKXYxIUQ
>
> The guy playing piano is now the bitter, crippled main character of "House." And a Brit with a flawless American accent.
>
> Isn't Globalization wonderful?
>
> ;-)
>
>

Attachments

• Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Bk Lt.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Bk Lt.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,797
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 front.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 front.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,849
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Lt.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Lt.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,819
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Top Lt.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Top Lt.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,789
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Top.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Top.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,762
admihoek said:
apostate630 said:
Some more Sabina 3.0.
you could have knocked me down with a feather

thx :-\

(double) dutch hansie

Well!!..I go to foot of our stairs!! (Very northern, especially Yorkshire) I think it was jedakk who recalled that the original models (years ago) had paddles for hands and feet and he had to dress the crowd in jeans and T-shirts.

Melissa

More Sabina preliminaries, with commentary.

Some more test renders attached. This frame actually falls within the action of the animation I did a couple of years ago, where Sabina is raising herself partway up and screaming her head off the whole time. I never was satisfied with her movements after she had raised herself and then settled straight back against the cross, so I have changed that part. The description from my storyboard, which is in a database in MS Access, says that once she reaches the peak of her rise, "Lean forward to arms in full extension, push butt back & X-shift toward center. Bend head downward to look between legs for cornu." So the movement at that point is a combination of her butt moving backward as she bends forward at the waist so that she can bend her head forward to see where the cornu is so she can avoid it. Pushing up to this level was agonizing, she doesn't know how high she is with respect to the cornu, and she is terrified of having it enter her. In frame 893 she has gotten into a position where she can see it. From there, she will push her butt backward until it touches the stipes, then lean back against the cross.

Jedakk

Jedakk's concerned with the lack of feedback, and that there isn't an audience for his preliminary renders.

I can read the numbers of downloads; I know there is an audience. But I can relay feedback past Jedakk's fundamentalist firewall.

Chime in, folks. Even unto, "This is so fucking HOT, Jedakk!!!" or comments along those lines.

Attachments

• Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 bottom back Lt Frame 893.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 bottom back Lt Frame 893.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,634
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 bottom Rt Frame 893.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 bottom Rt Frame 893.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,601
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Face back Lt Frame 893.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Face back Lt Frame 893.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,551
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Face bottom front Frame 893.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Face bottom front Frame 893.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,592
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 lower Rt Bk Frame 893.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 lower Rt Bk Frame 893.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,574
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Lt Frame 893.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Lt Frame 893.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,570
From Jedakk:

The closeups are what blow me away too. It's a combination of the more realistic figure, high-resolution textures that capture tiny details of real human skin, the improved, natural-looking lighting system, and better rendering system. Bottom line, just greatly improved technology. And maybe even some modestly improved skills in using it. Attached are some more renders I captures while going through the animation; finally took a little time to give her a scream expression for this frame, at least. I will capture that and re-use it elsewhere in the animation with modifications and tweaks.

Note in the closeups that the model (maybe her name was Magda?) for the texture had pierced ears, and the piercings show up in these renders. She also had stubble on her pubic area, but I cleaned that up, plus some makeup on her face, before I used this texture.

Jedakk

Attachments

• Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 back Frame 840.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 back Frame 840.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,533
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Face Rt Frame 840.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Face Rt Frame 840.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 1,535
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Face Top Frame 840.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Face Top Frame 840.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,546
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Face Upper Lt Frame 840.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 Face Upper Lt Frame 840.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,532
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 front Frame 840.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 front Frame 840.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,546
  • Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 lower front Frame 840.jpg
    Sabina S4 Petite Magda IDL lights test 2 lower front Frame 840.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,553
Good stuff:p
The lighting is very good indeed.
Expressions are wonderfull.
Very eager to see the animation:)

Regards,
Inge

Hi,
Since the images are so realistic is jedakk going to use real images for the background and onlookers?

Melissa
PS Has Inge checked that her smilies are switched on?

Absolutely incredible. One of the best pieces of artwork I have ever seen. It's so good that I had to come out of lurkerdom to post and encourage the artist!

These are amazing. I didn't believe Poser could make images like this.
I also didn't believe that Jeddak could surpass the extraordinary quality of his previous images, but ... I was wrong.
I have the earlier Sabina animation, surely one of the greatest depictions of the horror ever produced.
Is he really planning to produce another animation along these lines?
The thought robs me of words
except perhaps "please, please, please"!
And many thanks.
Andy

Back
Top Bottom