Sacrifice Altar

Go to CruxDreams.com
Looking back over the thread, a lot of these people don't know thy're doing. Some get it right and stab the heart or cut the throat of the sacrifice, but there are many that are stabbing the belly. While a knife in the abdomen can be fatal without medical attention, death can take hours or even days. Gods and demons are noted for their patience. :devil:
View attachment 454870 View attachment 454871 View attachment 454872 View attachment 454873

I said that earlier on the one with basically with the BBQ skewer / round altar.

Not to get to sciencey and shit but http://benfisheranatomy.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/9/5/13959663/752564_orig.png my lovely wife in our RP or pic mods (see avatar) chest stabs give her the heebie jeebies (even just the hint of a poke) so she prefers the location on shown. I am told it would get the job done if someone were do actually do that because of the location of the artery and be less painful then chest or belly button.

Ok back to finding more pics that get it right or wrong....this one you'd probably approve of.
Wholomq.png

I said that earlier on the one with basically with the BBQ skewer / round altar.

Not to get to sciencey and shit but http://benfisheranatomy.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/9/5/13959663/752564_orig.png my lovely wife in our RP or pic mods (see avatar) chest stabs give her the heebie jeebies (even just the hint of a poke) so she prefers the location on shown. I am told it would get the job done if someone were do actually do that because of the location of the artery and be less painful then chest or belly button.

Ok back to finding more pics that get it right or wrong....this one you'd probably approve of.
A TV program did an experiment a few years ago. They determined that the Aztecs and Maya most likely an incision below the sternum, reached under the breast plate and pulled out the heart. This would be much easier than trying to cut through the ribs with an obsidian knife. However, their goal was to extract the still beating heart to offer to the gods. The body was of no importance and was thrown down the stairs of the temple.
If the goal is to kill the victim to offer their life to the gods or Satan or whatever, and a metal knife is being used, then a stab into the chest would be effective; although, if the blade is long enough, stabbing under the sternum into the heart is the best method.
Some of these pictures show throat slitting. This is the traditional method of animal sacrifice in many cultures, including ancient Judaism. The blood is collected in a bowl and poured over the altar. It's the technique I chose for my depiction of the sacrifice of Jephthah's daughter.
jepth.jpg

A TV program did an experiment a few years ago. They determined that the Aztecs and Maya most likely an incision below the sternum, reached under the breast plate and pulled out the heart. This would be much easier than trying to cut through the ribs with an obsidian knife. However, their goal was to extract the still beating heart to offer to the gods. The body was of no importance and was thrown down the stairs of the temple.
If the goal is to kill the victim to offer their life to the gods or Satan or whatever, and a metal knife is being used, then a stab into the chest would be effective; although, if the blade is long enough, stabbing under the sternum into the heart is the best method.
Some of these pictures show throat slitting. This is the traditional method of animal sacrifice in many cultures, including ancient Judaism. The blood is collected in a bowl and poured over the altar. It's the technique I chose for my depiction of the sacrifice of Jephthah's daughter.
View attachment 457012
Nice work there, Naraku. Really good depiction, although the guy behind the priest has a sort of amuse and bored look on his face. You just can't rattle some people. :devil:

I think I used the idea of collecting the blood in a bowl in my "Appeasement" story. Theologically, the blood was often considered as equivalent to the life of a person or animal, so you probably would collect it to offer that life to your God, rather than just spilling it out on the ground.

I really need to put those away properly every day. Constantly losing them. :rolleyes::oops::D

View attachment 457012

Hey I just dig the imagery. What's not to like about nudity, knives and a little blood! ;) I don't take too much stock or interest in the gore. It's all theatre to me. Just like the wacky campy movies depicting it. Pretending is much sexier anyway right? Live to do it another day lol.

Nice work there, Naraku. Really good depiction, although the guy behind the priest has a sort of amuse and bored look on his face. You just can't rattle some people. :devil:

I think I used the idea of collecting the blood in a bowl in my "Appeasement" story. Theologically, the blood was often considered as equivalent to the life of a person or animal, so you probably would collect it to offer that life to your God, rather than just spilling it out on the ground.

I really need to put those away properly every day. Constantly losing them. :rolleyes::oops::D
The guy with the shield is her father. I was trying to make him look stoical because of his decision to fulfill his promise to Yahweh to sacrifice his daughter.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jephthah
Hey I just dig the imagery. What's not to like about nudity, knives and a little blood! ;) I don't take too much stock or interest in the gore. It's all theatre to me. Just like the wacky campy movies depicting it. Pretending is much sexier anyway right? Live to do it another day lol.
I feel the same way. That's why I chose to show the moment just before her throat is cut.

Back
Top Bottom