Safe Crux!

Go to CruxDreams.com
Let me be clear about the stuff I posted: I'm not trying to say that this is the way that anyone should build a cross for recreational use today. For that, I think you could probably build a perfectly adequate cross out of 2" x 6" lumber without cutting any joints, just drill holes and run a couple of 3/8" carriage-head bolts through the pieces, use a washer on the threaded end and tighten a nut down good and tight, it won't move and it will feel the same as the real thing.

Agreed, something like the one pictured should be strong enough for a normal person, although it lacks atmosphere and visual appeal. We want to see something more substantial, more imposing.

la_croix_004_by_paulweb-d84bjm5.jpg

Agreed, something like the one pictured should be strong enough for a normal person, although it lacks atmosphere and visual appeal. We want to see something more substantial, more imposing.

View attachment 451373
For me, definitley to small/light material.
I am a abnormal person???? ;)

How To Make A Stable/safe Cross

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any threads about constructing crosses? I tried to use the search bar but met with failure. If someone could point me in the right direction, or if there isn't one, post the information here, it would be much appreciated. I'm especially interested in templates if they're available.

Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I was wondering if there are any threads about constructing crosses? I tried to use the search bar but met with failure. If someone could point me in the right direction, or if there isn't one, post the information here, it would be much appreciated. I'm especially interested in templates if they're available.

Thank you :)
I use a (second hand) clothes presentation cross.... You can choose the height it's easy to move (wheels) and put the horizontal bars as you like... Good luck!!

Attachments

• rack cross.jpg
    rack cross.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 225

Even For Art's Sake ... Play Safe!​

Hilde Krohn Huse, born in 1988 in Norway, is an artist living today in London. In 2014, she made an artwork movie of herself, dangling naked by her ankles to the branch of a tree.

The act took place on a Norwegian Island . Hilde went alone in the Woods to make the movie.

But soon, things went wrong, as she got stuck in the tightening rope around her right ankle. Whatever she tried, she could not free herself anymore.

What was intended to be a 2 minutes act, became an anxious thirty minutes before help showed up, and Hilde got released from her perilous situation.

The movie of the act is a remarkable artistic experiment, that got unintentionally entangled with reality. It is also a warning, to play safe with ropes and self-bondage (and self-crux).

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/aug/21/experience-i-got-stuck-hanging-naked-in-tree

https://www.ica.art/bnc-2015-artists-index/hilde-krohn-huse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yme6Sh0yFOo

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom