"Search Resources" Not Working Properly?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Not sure what exactly does the "Search resources" function do now, searching tags only perhaps? It seems that it doesn't pick up words in the titles of archived stories.

Not sure what exactly does the "Search resources" function do now, searching tags only perhaps? It seems that it doesn't pick up words in the titles of archived stories.
Please activate the checkbox "Include resource updates", try it again and report us the result.

Please activate the checkbox "Include resource updates", try it again and report us the result.
It works fine, and I've been able to find everything I've desired; however, it seems that one has to check the box at every new visit to the Archive.

Yes it isn't very user-friendly. We've added instructions for how to find stuff in the Archive to the new members Welcome Pack, but we're hoping either to make it a bit easier to use, or advice on how to use it a bit more visible.

there is a box already checked to search "child categories"... no idea what this means, but it sounds distinctly dodgy :confused: I suppose it means "categories not specifically restricted to adults"

Yes, I assume XenForo offers the facility to allow some parts of a site to be viewed by children -
but of course we don't, it would be better if we could uncheck that and check 'search recent updates'
as the default settings, but that may not be a simple as it sounds...

Yes, I assume XenForo offers the facility to allow some parts of a site to be viewed by children -
but of course we don't, it would be better if we could uncheck that and check 'search recent updates'
as the default settings, but that may not be a simple as it sounds...
I was once confused by this, Eul, but Phlebas explained it to me. It is nothing to do with children!

Definition of: parent-child
parent-child
In database management, a relationship between two files. The parent file contains required data about a subject, such as employees and customers. The child is the offspring; for example, an order is the child to the customer, who is the parent.
https://www.pcmag.com/encyclopedia/term/48847/parent-child

Hope this helps. :)

Back
Top Bottom