She Is Not A Witch!

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yes but surely they should be for the Parson and the Magistrate, she knew you were useless when she married you :D*

*Please note for some reason RR is not recommended for marriage counselling
I wondered about that. It seems that John Wragg was the only protagonist who wasn't in on the witchcraft. :confused:;)

Wragg was the only protagonist who wasn't in on the witchcraft. :confused:;)
I often feel like that :confused:

A little bit of uselessness goes a long way in a harmonious relationship! ;)

That's probably not very good marriage counseling advice, either! :rolleyes:

PS
Squirrel-Wedding--42898.jpg

The squirrel knows more than he's letting on! ;)

Last edited:
When it's about witches.... I dream
>>> When I came across this excellent sketch I was immediately put in mind of a case in Hagenau involving a woman who overcame 3 tortures without confession and months of imprisonment. Among her statements taken before undergoing both the strappado and the Spanish boot, she said that if she confessed to something that she had not done "That God would not be God."

As it is once again Hallowe'en season, I looked at this story again.

You know what? I think it has a bit more mileage in it.

By all means read it again, but so save you the bother, Wragg's wife, Barbara, had been caught in flagrante delicto with Eulalia, Kathy Briggs the Baker's daughter, and Missy French. All four had been sentenced to hang for witchcraft, after an intimate search of their bodies for the so-called 'third nipples' upon which the devil was supposed to suckle.

Wragg, Bob French, and Briggs the Baker had appealed to the parson and the judge for clemency, but in vain. They had gone to the gaol where the women had been held, communicating with them through railings set at ground level.

To Wragg's surprise, Briggs had taken out a wand, and turned them all into cats, who easily slipped out between the railings.

Wragg therefore found himself with a black cat for a wife...

As it is once again Hallowe'en season, I looked at this story again.

You know what? I think it has a bit more mileage in it.

By all means read it again, but so save you the bother, Wragg's wife, Barbara, had been caught in flagrante delicto with Eulalia, Kathy Briggs the Baker's daughter, and Missy French. All four had been sentenced to hang for witchcraft, after an intimate search of their bodies for the so-called 'third nipples' upon which the devil was supposed to suckle.

Wragg, Bob French, and Briggs the Baker had appealed to the parson and the judge for clemency, but in vain. They had gone to the gaol where the women had been held, communicating with them through railings set at ground level.

To Wragg's surprise, Briggs had taken out a wand, and turned them all into cats, who easily slipped out between the railings.

Wragg therefore found himself with a black cat for a wife...
I hired Jollyrei to turn them back to witches... Can I hang them now?
bra 70.jpg

The constable’s men had descended on the house like a ton of bricks the morning after they had gone to find Barb and the others to hang them, only to discover that they had disappeared without any trace at all.

“Where is she?” The constable dispensed with any pleasantries, and got straight to what was on his mind. Barb sat on a stool, watching him, her tail twitching restlessly.

“Who?”

“Your wife – the witch!”

“She is not a witch, and you have her in the gaol! I’d have thought you would have hanged her by now!”

“So why are you here and not in town waiting for the hangings? The rest of the town are!”

That I could believe. The promise of seeing my Barb dangling naked from a noose would have brought an audience from several counties away.

“Would you want to stand and watch your wife being hanged?

That silenced him for a moment. The constable’s wife was well known as a virago. I suspected that he’d have wanted a front row seat.

"I have no idea where she is! If you’ve lost her you need to get better locks for your prison!”

He glared at me. “We found a coat in the empty cell. Where’s your coat?”

“I gave it to my wife.” I said, reasonably. “You had stripped her naked. It was a cold night. I gave her my coat. She, like the generous, warm wonderful, non-witchy person that she is, gave it to Kathy Briggs, who was wearing it the last time I saw it.”

“You’re a clever dick, John Wragg. You have an answer for everything!”

“Just the simple truth, sir,” I assured him.

He did not look convinced. “Search this place!” he ordered.

And search they did. High and low, watched the whole time by a black cat who looked as smug and self-satisfied as only a cat can.

One of the men stopped by Barb, and scratched behind her ear. She mewed happily at him.

“Nice cat,” he remarked. “What do you call him?”

“Her,” I corrected, buying time while my brain whirled. What do you call a cat who is your legally wedded wife?

“’Her’, sorry. What do you call her?”

Amelia, my daughter, aged 4, piped up. “Sweet Cheeks! Daddy calls her ‘Sweet Cheeks!”

“Weird name to call a cat!”

I hoped he hadn’t noticed how red I’d turned. I’d sat Barb down on that same stool last night when I got back from the gaol and said “There you go, Sweet Cheeks, you’re home.” I’d thought Amelia was asleep!

I thought fast, “But she has got sweet cheeks! Look how her whiskers come out at such a perfect angle!” I glared at Amelia, and she fell silent before she could inform them of any other family secrets.

He just looked at me as if I was nuts. Barb looked at me as though she wanted to leap on my throat and sink her claws in deep. She’d always hated that nickname!

But he gently stroked her face, which mollified Barb, and seemed to keep him content. “Nice pussy. Did silly Master give you a daft name, then? He’s a silly bugger, isn’t he? Nice pussy.”

Eventually the constable and his men gave up and concluded that I hadn’t somehow spirited my wife away from the Town gaol, that some other agency had done the deed.

“So you’ve lost my Missus, then, have you?”

He grabbed me by the collar, and pulled my face up close to his. He had severe halitosis.

“You listen carefully, Mister Wragg! If you are hiding her somewhere, we will find out, and then we’ll stretch your neck as soon as we’ve finished stretching hers! Where is she?”

“Like I said, I have no idea!”

He pushed me backwards, and stormed out, followed by his men.

Amelia looked at me, sitting on the floor, with big, frightened eyes. “Where’s Mummy? I want Mummy!” She began to cry.

Barb jumped off the stool and went over to Amelia. She mewed and purred and allowed Amelia to play with her, which distracted her and stopped her crying, as well as saving me from a difficult explanation. I was having trouble getting my own head around the fact that my wife was now a quadruped of the feline genus, and I sure as heck wasn’t going to try and explain it to my children.

Or my mother, who bustled in at that moment. She took in the scene of desolation at a glance. “Did that stray cat make this mess? Out!”

Barb disdainfully ignored her.

“No, it was the constable. Looking for Barb.”

“Escaped. I heard.” Not much got past my mother. “You’re well rid of her, I say. Witch! OUT!” She turned to grab Barb, who arched her back and spat at her.

“Leave the cat, mother,” I sighed. “She’ll be a distraction for the children. They’ll miss Barb, and so will I.”

For once in her life she listened to me. “Yes. I suppose you’re right. I’m sorry, John. Where did you find the cat?”

“Picked her up near the gaol last night. She’s cute, isn’t she?”

“Not really. I can’t abide cats. What do you call her?”

This time I had an answer. I couldn’t call her ‘Barb’, and I certainly couldn’t call her ‘Sweet Cheeks.’

“Somehow, she reminds me of Barb. Let’s call her ‘Barbie’.”

To be continued

I hired Jollyrei to turn them back to witches...
Quit reading ahead!! :mad::mad:

Great picture, though! :):)
I seem to be picking up all kinds of skills. For the record, I'm not that likely to turn perfectly happy cats into girls just so they can be hanged as witches.
NO, DOESN'T SEEM QUITE SPORTING. CATS ARE NICE.
85157804f02ae15f59a249e277e90ec0.jpg

As long as you don't follow Mrs. Slocombe's approach and descend into a series of pussy jokes, I think you'll be fine.
View attachment 637707
Husband: "what on earth is all that hair in the sink,and why is Tiddles the Cat completely BALD ?!"
Wife: " oh darling you remember what you said this morning, that you wanted me to shave my Pussy....??"

As long as you don't follow Mrs. Slocombe's approach and descend into a series of pussy jokes, I think you'll be fine.
View attachment 637707
Perish the thought! :rolleyes:

Husband: "what on earth is all that hair in the sink,and why is Tiddles the Cat completely BALD ?!"
Wife: " oh darling you remember what you said this morning, that you wanted me to shave my Pussy....??"
:cat:

For a year Barb and I had lived as man and cat. It had its good points, it was nice when she rubbed against my leg and purred, and sitting by the fire with her curled up on my lap was extremely companionable. She could not speak, and thus complain, but the downside was that she had very sharp teeth and even sharper claws which she used freely when roused.

Which she often was, especially with my mother around. And when Elsie Foreman, the farmer’s daughter, started paying visits in the evident hope of marriage now that I was apparently wifeless, well, Hell hath no fury like a cat scorned. She finished up with so many scratches and cat bites that she soon desisted from coming round.

Which suited me, she wasn’t my type. I just wanted my Barb back. The proper human Barb, who’d laugh at my jokes, even though they were far from funny. The one with breasts and nipples and interesting places to explore. The one who’s orgasms detonated like a bomb – an explosion of pleasure for us both. Barb the cat did none of these things. She would curl up on the bed next to me at night, but, well, you know…

I went to see Briggs the baker, of course, but I had a feeling that Barb’s situation might be permanent when I saw three black cats basking in the sunshine outside his shop. It occurred to me that, if Barb got muddled up with these three, I wouldn’t know which one I was married to. I was buggered if I could tell them apart!

“Hello, girls!” I said, checking to see that no-one was listening. “Which one of you is Eulalia?”

One of them got up, yawned widely, and came over to me. I tickled her behind her ear, which she seemed to appreciate.

“How do you like being a cat, then, Eul?” I asked.

She sat, and favoured me with that feline look that suggested that her intelligence was vastly superior to mine, and that I should stop asking bloody stupid questions.

I shrugged. Barb did that all the time. I went into the shop. Briggs wasn’t there, but his assistant was.

“Hello, Wragg, how are you?”

“I’m fine, thanks, Jolly, you?”

“I’m sick of those bloody cats that old Briggs insists on keeping here. I tripped over one of them yesterday and sent bread rolls all over the street!” He had a scar on his nose that told of a trying encounter. “They’ve been here ever since his daughter went missing!”

I said nothing. Jolly loved a good story but even he would have trouble believing that one of those cats was Brigg’s daughter, Kathy.

“Look on the bright side, Jolly. At least they keep the mice down.”

“Bugger the mice. We’ve had every tom cat in the county here hoping to score.” He nodded towards a broom resting in the corner. “If it wasn’t for that we’d be knee deep in kittens!”

I understood the problem. I might have had attention from Elsie Foreman, but Farmer Foreman’s ginger tom and been an even more frequent visitor. I’d warned Barb of dire consequences if she ever let him near her. Not that Barb had ever taken the blindest bit of notice of a single word I said.

And Barb loved sex. A kitten-filled future seemed inevitable. I wondered where I could get a broom like Jolly’s.

“I’ll speak to Mr Briggs. Where is he?”

“Out the back.” Jolly jerked his thumb in the direction of the bakehouse.

I went across the yard, into the bakehouse, where the Master of the establishment was kneading dough.

We exchanged pleasantries, then I came to my problem.

“Mr Briggs, I’d be very much obliged to you if you could change Barb back into a woman. I do realise that we might have to go into hiding for a bit, but being married to a cat is a real bore.”

He looked at me sadly. “I can’t.”

“What do you mean, ‘you can’t’? You changed her into a cat easily enough, just change her back please!”

“I’m afraid there’s only one person who knows the reversing spell.”

“Well, what’s the problem? Bring him here!”

“It’s not a ‘him’, it’s a ‘her’. It’s Eulalia.”

Back
Top Bottom