Slaves Treated Very Badly

Go to CruxDreams.com
Eventually, though, if you treat slaves badly enough, a revolution can happen. Then the rich bitches who watched the slaves laboring in the hot sun and had them whipped for trivial offenses are made to strip and expose themselves to the crowd of their inferiors before they are sent to their fate at the end of a rope. Three excellent images by chimaera.
exposed final.jpgexposed front.jpgbridge copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Meant to say.

When even the most beautiful and alive person passes 30, they should consider being fitted for glasses.
"Vanity, thy name is woman." is appropriate here, but misquoted. "Frailty, thy name is woman," is what Hamlet really said.
But this image does catch Barbaria1's self admiration!4.jpg

Lovely images! Are these part of a longer story?

Lady Lilith

Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1828-1882), co-founder of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood

Model is Elizabeth Siddal, his muse, model and wife. He painted or drew over a 1,000 likenesses of her (sound like our obsession with Barbara).
dante_gabriel_rossetti_-_venus_verticordia-2.jpgDante_Gabriel_Rossetti_The_Salutation_of_Beatrice_1869.jpgdownload.jpgo-dante-gabriel-rossetti.jpg
After her death by probable suicide, he painted her as the poet Dante's beloved Beatrix at the point of death.
703px-Dante_Gabriel_Rossetti_-_Beata_Beatrix,_1864-1870.jpg

Is that Rome, or Persia? And is the guy in blue pregnant?
619385-e1cfa45b359624550bf2345492dae69c.jpg
The ultimate depiction of sentenced to Hard Labour

Lady Lilith

Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1828-1882), co-founder of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood

Model is Elizabeth Siddal, his muse, model and wife. He painted or drew over a 1,000 likenesses of her (sound like our obsession with Barbara).
View attachment 619547View attachment 619548View attachment 619549View attachment 619550
After her death by probable suicide, he painted her as the poet Dante's beloved Beatrix at the point of death.
View attachment 619552
Warning!! Boring, short academic lecture (my mother went to Art School and bored me with these things. I pass it on in her memory. If you don't like. don't read, but no your mama jokes!)

He painted it hazy to imply a dream or a vision. He said that he wasn't painting her at death, but transformed by a 'sudden spiritual transfiguration' Like all Pre-Raphaelites, he filled it with symbols. Some are:

A red dove descended on her to show the Holy Spirit. In its mouth is an Opium Poppy (Siddal died of a overdose (maybe intentional) of laudanum.

She is posed in ecstacy, hands before, mouth open, perhaps about to receive Communion

According to Rossetti's friend F.G. Stephens, the grey and green of her dress signify 'the colours of hope and sorrow as well as of love and life'

Dante the poet is in the background looking at Love, drawn as an Angel in red, the color of passion, holding a flickering flame to represent Beatrix/Siddal's life)

Find other symbols if you wish.

Warning!! Boring, short academic lecture (my mother went to Art School and bored me with these things. I pass it on in her memory. If you don't like. don't read, but no your mama jokes!)

He painted it hazy to imply a dream or a vision. He said that he wasn't painting her at death, but transformed by a 'sudden spiritual transfiguration' Like all Pre-Raphaelites, he filled it with symbols. Some are:

A red dove descended on her to show the Holy Spirit. In its mouth is an Opium Poppy (Siddal died of a overdose (maybe intentional) of laudanum.

She is posed in ecstacy, hands before, mouth open, perhaps about to receive Communion

According to Rossetti's friend F.G. Stephens, the grey and green of her dress signify 'the colours of hope and sorrow as well as of love and life'

Dante the poet is in the background looking at Love, drawn as an Angel in red, the color of passion, holding a flickering flame to represent Beatrix/Siddal's life)

Find other symbols if you wish.
The sundial representing the fact that our life is marked to end sooner or later?

Lady Lilith

View attachment 619547View attachment 619548View attachment 619549View attachment 619550
View attachment 619552

Ah yes classic Victorian art :)

There is a story on this site in which I have the pleasure of appearing as Dante Phlebas Rosetti

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/venus-verticordia.5165/post-229058

It's a personna I have used a few times
William_Holman_Hunt_-_Portrait_of_Dante_Gabriel_Rossetti_at_22_years_of_Age_10.jpg

now back to the subject -
I suppose this is one way of keeping your camels together
Coffle 10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom