tumblr_mqaylsU2A71rz3711o1_1280.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 737
  • tumblr_mv6opp8pFy1sxpl9vo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mv6opp8pFy1sxpl9vo1_500.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 758
675085-eb178eeba7851d10efe0ff39205cde66.jpg
DSC2518 copy.jpg
Nice manip. ;)
There is an inscription on the cross but I can only make out the last words, '... vers les montagnes.'
Can you identify the artist, please?

There is an inscription on the cross but I can only make out the last words, '... vers les montagnes.'
Can you identify the artist, please?

I am the artist. Was on vacation at the col de la crox (well found Madiosi) and saw the potential of that cross there. Added the figures from images I found on the net. I can't read the inscription either bobinder.

Thanks Madi, looks like Col de la Croix, Switzerland.
'Je leve les yeux vers les montagnes' - although Alice is looking down from the cross. :rolleyes:

Bob, it looks more like Cold de la Croix

:rolleyes::doh:

Bob, it looks more like Cold de la Croix
Not Eugene Delacroix? :D
I am the artist. Was on vacation at the col de la crox (well found Madiosi) and saw the potential of that cross there. Added the figures from images I found on the net. I can't read the inscription either bobinder.
Thanks for the info, cruelone.
'Je leve les yeux vers les montagnes' - I raise my eyes towards the mountains.

An interesting manipulation - I shall get around to reviewing this one, eventually. :D

cruelone DSC2518 copy.jpg

Thanks Madi, looks like Col de la Croix, Switzerland.
'Je leve les yeux vers les montagnes' - although Alice is looking down from the cross. :rolleyes:
Psalm 121.1 'I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills' - no doubt pious travellers would know what follows,
'from whence cometh my help. My help cometh even from the Lord: who hath made heaven and earth.'

Nice find Eul. You use the classic KJV in which most of us protestants learned the psalms. Unfortunately the language and punctuation can be misleading. We mostly would read it as saying I will look up to the hills ,there I get my strength.
But the first phrase is really a question.

A better translation is:
Title: A song of ascents.

I look up toward the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Creator of heaven and earth!

Title is not clear, but is thought to refer to the psalm being sung by pilgrims on their way up to the holy hill of God, Mount Zion, Mount Moriah, Jerusalem.

True, but it's only a question in recent Bible translations - I don't know how ancient that inscription is,
but if it's 19th century or earlier, travellers would have remembered the next line as a statement, not a question.

(Cruelone must already be mystified at the discussions we have on the Forums! :D )

True, but it's only a question in recent Bible translations - I don't know how ancient that inscription is,
but if it's 19th century or earlier, travellers would have remembered the next line as a statement, not a question.

(Cruelone must already be mystified at the discussions we have on the Forums! :D )
Don't worry Cruelone. those having the discussions are often mystified also!:confused:

Back
Top Bottom