Some Renders I Made

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hi all!!!
I'm posting another test today! Just a trial to see how many figures I could put into one scene at SubD 4 and still render on GPU. As it turns out, seven is too much. It fell back on CPU render only, yet I'm quite happy with this, as this is the result after rendering for 33 minutes. In fact I was so happy with the result I added a little text... ;)
I think the render quality is still okay for rendering on CPU only for 33 minutes... What do you think?

Cheers,
MZ

MZ, I can’t comment on the technical details, but I’ve always found your rendering style appealing. What I’ve found lacking is the way you position women on your crosses, more balletic fantasy than realistic crucifixion.

Which you and many do find appealing, obviously. But the background figure below is the first of your renders that's ever zapped my coarse, plebeian preferences.

Follow your muse, but I look forward to seeing more like her.

Attachments

• A03FF885-09E1-4542-8D8B-D31883504175.jpeg
    A03FF885-09E1-4542-8D8B-D31883504175.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 894
Many thanks for the likes and replies!!! As far as style is concerned... I'm still looking for it :) the search for the ideal realistic skin look continues... Also posing wise, I like to add some unrealistic elegance, but not always... :)
Cheers,
MZ

Hi all!!!

I'm still on the go in my project to find the "perfect" skin shader. I used a familiar scene to elaborate on my experiments. I feel I'm getting closer to producing believable skin with a wet look, without having it look like plastic. To conserve memory, there's only two sets of texture maps involved here: one for the male models and one for the female models. Every difference you see is caused by different shader settings.
I'd be very happy to know what you think about this. For me the male skin came out better than the female one. This one looks a bit to dry now... But do let me know your feedback! It has been pointed out that one the arriving female figure, one legs appears to be longer than the other. I haven't found a way yet to tackle this trick of perspective without making it worse.... yet... :)

Cheers,
MZ

Attachments

• CrowdedBeach02RR.jpg
    CrowdedBeach02RR.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 865
Hi all!!!

I'm still on the go in my project to find the "perfect" skin shader. I used a familiar scene to elaborate on my experiments. I feel I'm getting closer to producing believable skin with a wet look, without having it look like plastic. To conserve memory, there's only two sets of texture maps involved here: one for the male models and one for the female models. Every difference you see is caused by different shader settings.
I'd be very happy to know what you think about this. For me the male skin came out better than the female one. This one looks a bit to dry now... But do let me know your feedback! It has been pointed out that one the arriving female figure, one legs appears to be longer than the other. I haven't found a way yet to tackle this trick of perspective without making it worse.... yet... :)

Cheers,
MZ
Two thoughts from someone who can't do any of this. I think you are more 'defined' than need to be but that said the picture is fine.
The second though is how the hell do you hope to stand that cross with the short stipe up in sand???:eek:

Two thoughts from someone who can't do any of this. I think you are more 'defined' than need to be but that said the picture is fine.
The second though is how the hell do you hope to stand that cross with the short stipe up in sand???:eek:
It's a good thing I work in virtual 3D as I haven't planned that far ahead yet... :)

Hi all!!!
Enjoy another update in my search for realistic looking skin. As far as shine is concerned, I think this looks good. I did notice that, when the render was finally done, the blonde girl looks quite orange... Ill have to correct that some day...
Thanks for the feedback!
Cheers,
MZ

Attachments

• Kill-TubeRR.jpg
    Kill-TubeRR.jpg
    952.5 KB · Views: 820
Hi all!!!
Enjoy another update in my search for realistic looking skin. As far as shine is concerned, I think this looks good. I did notice that, when the render was finally done, the blonde girl looks quite orange... Ill have to correct that some day...
Thanks for the feedback!
Cheers,
MZ

I like the color of the skin but there are areas where it looks too scrunched up. For instance around the collar and the knees but overall a well done picture.

Hi all!!!
A while ago I got asked if I could do black and white renders too, preferably featuring older and "heavier" women. I decided to give it a go. The result was this render and then some more along the same lines, not all of them crux-related. As "mature subjects" appear to be somewhat of a rarity in these matters, I decided to post this one here too.
Let me know what you think!
Cheers,
MZ
The pic (BWCrux01RR.jpg) was really sexy, i liked her legs as they were'nt so thin, fantastic

Last edited:
I like the color of the skin but there are areas where it looks too scrunched up. For instance around the collar and the knees but overall a well done picture.
Thanks for the feedback!!! I did overdo the knee joint a bit... Thanks for pointing that out :)

The pic (BWCrux01RR.jpg) was really sexy, i liked her legs as they were'nt so thin, fantastic
Thanks!!! It's part of a series... I'm still debating if I should publish it as a purchasable collection... It would "only" be 300 pictures ( not all of them crucifixion, though) ... By far the smallest collection I would have published...

Hi all!!!
I'm experimenting with crowds right now as up until now my crux-scenes were a bit "lonely"... The renders below show a trial using a "billboard" approach": the people in the crowd are not 3D: they are pre-rendered on a texture plane and then positioned in such a way that (hopefully) the illusion of looking at a 3D figure is convincing. Yet that is the big challenge of such a billboard set. This one is very elaborate as far as possible angles go, (I tried multiple angles as you can see) yet the exact match to every camera angle isn't there. Though a very inspiring test, I think I will try my hand at an actual 3D crowd next (wish me luck in figuring out how to get that to fit all on my GPU ram :) )
The keen observer will spot a boatload of flaws that gives the 2D crowd away... :) Also other huge draw back: I couldn't find a way to get the crowd actually looking at the girl... Which is a bit weird :) In the same render set I tried my hand at a bit of blush, which I feel came out nice, yet the overall skin look, to my tastes, is much to dry...
Happy to hear your thoughts!
Cheers,
MZ

Attachments

• Crowdtest01.jpg
    Crowdtest01.jpg
    951.2 KB · Views: 645
  • Crowdtest02.jpg
    Crowdtest02.jpg
    957.3 KB · Views: 618
  • Crowdtest03.jpg
    Crowdtest03.jpg
    988.6 KB · Views: 627
  • Crowdtest04.jpg
    Crowdtest04.jpg
    994.7 KB · Views: 652
Hi all!!!
I'm experimenting with crowds right now as up until now my crux-scenes were a bit "lonely"... The renders below show a trial using a "billboard" approach": the people in the crowd are not 3D: they are pre-rendered on a texture plane and then positioned in such a way that (hopefully) the illusion of looking at a 3D figure is convincing. Yet that is the big challenge of such a billboard set. This one is very elaborate as far as possible angles go, (I tried multiple angles as you can see) yet the exact match to every camera angle isn't there. Though a very inspiring test, I think I will try my hand at an actual 3D crowd next (wish me luck in figuring out how to get that to fit all on my GPU ram :) )
The keen observer will spot a boatload of flaws that gives the 2D crowd away... :) Also other huge draw back: I couldn't find a way to get the crowd actually looking at the girl... Which is a bit weird :) In the same render set I tried my hand at a bit of blush, which I feel came out nice, yet the overall skin look, to my tastes, is much to dry...
Cheers,
MZ
It is still well done!!!

Hi all!!!
Cheers,
MZ

The different mixture of the crowd is very well done. Also the girl and executioner is very good. The only thing I would say would be to move the cross a little bit more towards the center. Look forward to seeing more :)

The different mixture of the crowd is very well done. Also the girl and executioner is very good. The only thing I would say would be to move the cross a little bit more towards the center. Look forward to seeing more :)
Thanks!!! Yeah, the cross has been pushed to the bottom and side completely... That's what happens if the crowd takes center stage... :)

Back
Top Bottom