Some Renders I Made

Go to CruxDreams.com

mariuszebo

Magistrate
Hi all!!

I've started experimenting with my own maps (especially normal maps) to enhance the look of my models. I've also introduced yet a new version of my "tanning map" to create the paler look on the soles and the palms of the figure. Even though I think the wet skin effect is too "hard": the skin does not appear to have any depth at all, I think the definition of the body is way better than what the "standard" normal maps get you. What do you think?
As the form looks okay to me, it's on to the shaders now to try and get the skin to look softer and more real.
The environment is very basic, but hopefully, the ground will be the last thing you're looking at ;) Eventhough it's a test scene, I couldn't resist using one of my more favorite themes... :)
Thanks for letting me know your thoughts for improvement!

Attachments

• MyOwnMaps01RR.jpg
    MyOwnMaps01RR.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 1,554
Like I've just said in 'another place' I think you've given her a very 'palpable' texture, Marius - just needs some softening of the rather harsh light, a bit more subtle 'chiaroscuro' to make her seem a living, breathing woman. But she's a fine creation!

Hi all!!

I've started experimenting with my own maps (especially normal maps) to enhance the look of my models. I've also introduced yet a new version of my "tanning map" to create the paler look on the soles and the palms of the figure. Even though I think the wet skin effect is too "hard": the skin does not appear to have any depth at all, I think the definition of the body is way better than what the "standard" normal maps get you. What do you think?
As the form looks okay to me, it's on to the shaders now to try and get the skin to look softer and more real.
The environment is very basic, but hopefully, the ground will be the last thing you're looking at ;) Eventhough it's a test scene, I couldn't resist using one of my more favorite themes... :)
Those spikes look enormous!

Hi all!!

The hands look good but the skin of her main body could use some improvement because I think it has a little bit much of a wax look to it.

Hello there,

Interesting subject (specularity of skin, sweat & blood effects ) and I'm currently working about the same !
(@ Ibogo : I agree with you but sorry to say , the examples you show don't look so good in my opinion ... )

In my idea, it is necessary to use a normal or specularity image-map to retrieve a good sweat effect ...

Hi again!!!
Enjoy two test renders I squeezed out of my machine in the meantime? I think this new skin shader of mine looks a lot better now :)
Let me know your thoughts!
Cheers,
MZ

Attachments

• TashaSeries0R.jpg
    TashaSeries0R.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 1,365
  • TashaSeries1R.jpg
    TashaSeries1R.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,260
Back
Top Bottom