Some Renders I Made

Go to CruxDreams.com
I was wondering marius if you tied the crossbar to the forklift and then raised it higher than normal when you slide the cross into the hole?
In a modern day scenario, I always imagined (but I haven't had the time to make the necessary 3D models to depict it yet) that the cross itself would be "short" enough to be dragged to the place of execution by the condemned (or in my world, volunteer). Once there, there would be premade hinges that the cross would slide into that would allow the entire thing to be levered up with the forklift. When in a vertical position a couple of heavy duty, square rods would be shoved through the hinge to keep it locked. So in essence there would be no hole... :) I'll try to make a pic of that soon, so it becomes a lot clearer :)

Hi all!!!
In some of my more modern-era renders, I use fork lifts to raise the cross. Recently I have had multiple questions and remarks on that, regarding how the cross is actually raised and kept vertical using a fork lift. So recently I took the time to model out a first version of the mechanism I had in mind to do this: It's basically a havy duty hinge, anchored deeply int the ground due to its concrete base, with two rather big metal rodds to "lock it" in place. The wooden cross is tightly shoved in the metal base, also with the help of the fork lift.
Hope this answers a lot of the questions and "puts minds at ease" for the weekend :)

Hope you like the image I made to try and visualize this :)
Cheers,
Marius

Attachments

• Raising Mechanism001RR.jpg
    Raising Mechanism001RR.jpg
    858.5 KB · Views: 613
Hi all!!!
In some of my more modern-era renders, I use fork lifts to raise the cross. Recently I have had multiple questions and remarks on that, regarding how the cross is actually raised and kept vertical using a fork lift. So recently I took the time to model out a first version of the mechanism I had in mind to do this: It's basically a havy duty hinge, anchored deeply int the ground due to its concrete base, with two rather big metal rodds to "lock it" in place. The wooden cross is tightly shoved in the metal base, also with the help of the fork lift.
Hope this answers a lot of the questions and "puts minds at ease" for the weekend :)

Cheers,
Marius

Great visualization marius! I especially like how you have the woman's body stretched out to the max when she is raised all the way up :)

Hi all!!!

Cheers,
Marius

In my story Stories From The Colonies I imagined a hinge like you have depicted, but there the crowd help to pull the cross up with rope, a bit of fun audience participation.

And in my story The Fish Pond the hinge is similar but I also incorporated a vertical movement so the girl could be raised up away from the crowd, or brought down for up-personal humiliation.

If the Romans had the technology, the hinge would have been the preferred method, easier than digging new holes, safer than raising patibulum alone onto permanent stipe.

Hi again,
I'm posting two more pics with an updated version of the hinge. I got a post earlier, pointing out that using this hinge, the action of dropping the raised cross down a hole is now cut out... Causing the crucified to miss out on a very painfull experience.Hence this second version with a more elaborate base. This allows for the hollow crossbase to slide up and down over a massive steel rodd. This rodd has multiple holes, so a heavy duty spike can be inserted at any desired position, high or low. When the cross is fully verical an locked in place, this spike can now be pulled out, causing the cross to come crashing down for at least a couple of feet. In so doing, simulating the action of falling down a hole.
A an afterthought it occured to me that given the fork lift, this action could be carried out more than once... Raise the cross back up with the fork lift, insert the spike where ever, pull it back out... The thing comes falling down again... It will require a fair amount o greasing to keep it running smoothly though :)
Kind regards,
Marius

Attachments

• HingeMechanism02BRR.jpg
    HingeMechanism02BRR.jpg
    853.1 KB · Views: 525
  • HingeMechanism02RR.jpg
    HingeMechanism02RR.jpg
    894 KB · Views: 468
Hi again,
I'm posting two more pics with an updated version of the hinge. I got a post earlier, pointing out that using this hinge, the action of dropping the raised cross down a hole is now cut out... Causing the crucified to miss out on a very painfull experience.Hence this second version with a more elaborate base. This allows for the hollow crossbase to slide up and down over a massive steel rodd. This rodd has multiple holes, so a heavy duty spike can be inserted at any desired position, high or low. When the cross is fully verical an locked in place, this spike can now be pulled out, causing the cross to come crashing down for at least a couple of feet. In so doing, simulating the action of falling down a hole.
A an afterthought it occured to me that given the fork lift, this action could be carried out more than once... Raise the cross back up with the fork lift, insert the spike where ever, pull it back out... The thing comes falling down again... It will require a fair amount o greasing to keep it running smoothly though :)
Kind regards,
Marius

Interesting way of plunging down the cross and inflicting pain. You could take out the spike when she seems to be falling asleep to wake her up :)

Hi again,
Kind regards,
Marius

Great idea and fantastic engineering drawing.

Hi again,
Kind regards,
Marius
Interesting technological features for a crucifixion in a technological era, Marius.

In 'A matter of honor', I commanded a truck mounted telescopic (or knuckle-boom) crane to raise the crosses.

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/a-matter-of-honor.1115/page-2

I imagined something like this :

crane.jpg

In 'The Acts of Julia of Brixellum'

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/the-acts-of-julia-of-brixellum.6096/page-11

The hoisting device was an engine that actuated a telescopic piston that raised the crosses from the back.

Technology never stops!;)

When the cross is fully verical an locked in place, this spike can now be pulled out, causing the cross to come crashing down for at least a couple of feet. In so doing, simulating the action of falling down a hole.
A refinement not to be skipped!

Hi again,
Kind regards,
Marius
You’re taking a simple device and making it more complicated, with more moving parts, in order to simulate an older, obsolete way of doing things. I approve. One possibility is multiple drops. No need for a forklift, just multiple pins, that you remove one at a time as you work your way down. Maybe pulling one out every three hours as a way to keep time, and keep the victims awake and dancing

Hi all!!!
As was pointed out to me on a previous render, my cross-raising system could still be improved. So now I'm posting a third version, that makes the fork lift a thing of the past... :)
A fully self raising cross... I couldn't resist writing a tiny story in an empty corner of the render. (sorry no crane truck... I tried to make it self contained... :) )
Let me know what you think!
Cheers,
Marius

Attachments

• CrossModernV3RR.jpg
    CrossModernV3RR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 489
Hi all!!!
As was pointed out to me on a previous render, my cross-raising system could still be improved. So now I'm posting a third version, that makes the fork lift a thing of the past... :)
A fully self raising cross... I couldn't resist writing a tiny story in an empty corner of the render. (sorry no crane truck... I tried to make it self contained... :) )
Cheers,
Marius
Such a lucky girl! Perfect conditions for a nice crucification and the newest in crux-technology!

Cheers,
Marius
Hi Marius, as we discussed on Foundation, my own version of this was a mobile device, built from scrap timber.
But it was so powerful, it kept throwing the girls into the lake! :eek: :doh: :D

catapult siege engine.jpg

Hi all!!!
Cheers,
Marius

Wonderful job on the model as always. I also like the design of the cross and the way you raise it. To me you could raise it little by little and the reaction would be a site to see :)

Hi again,
Kind regards,
Marius
Fine images and an interesting mechanical innovation. Just make sure the girl is securely fixed to her cross before raising, or you may find that you have invented a new and entertaining version of the catapult. ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom