Some Sketches

Go to CruxDreams.com
Maybe some day... But I must warn you that I wouldn't draw a sexually emancipated woman (an erotic dancer or similar) nor a regularly sexually abused slave, who would be both not very offended with the public nakedness and rape, and who could even enjoy it, but rather some humble and innocent peasant woman, because for such a woman being stripped naked as well as being raped in public would be worse then the death itself.
Go Andy!!!

A very effective composition Andy, I do like the way you've sketched in the city, just suggesting buildings -
I imagine I've been crucified before dawn, the mists from the marshes and smoke from fires the slaves are lighting
in the grand houses half-hides the yawning, waking-up city, but the sun's already rising, beginning to burn
through the mist, soon I shall feel it baking my naked, torn body....

Test it, Windar! After short time pressed the weight arteries and venes up. Very uncomfortable after a few minutes.

Agreed, it would be very uncomfortable. I imagine it is easier with ropes, too, the stresses are different and nails may not work so well. Old paintings of The Crucifixion often show Christ nailed in the conventional way and the thieves tied with arms over the back of the patibulum. It's less attractive to my eye, less striking, less "heroic".

As with so much else it depends how it is done. And what is coming! This girl has more to worry about than how uncomfortable her arms are.

17f80f8e7316484a22a442d2b4b1a838.jpg

Agreed, it would be very uncomfortable. I imagine it is easier with ropes, too, the stresses are different and nails may not work so well. Old paintings of The Crucifixion often show Christ nailed in the conventional way and the thieves tied with arms over the back of the patibulum. It's less attractive to my eye, less striking, less "heroic".

As with so much else it depends how it is done. And what is coming! This girl has more to worry about than how uncomfortable her arms are.

View attachment 494393

Question - in a female crucifixion does this method make the breasts stand out more?
If so I am all in favour.:D

Back
Top Bottom