Some Sketches

Go to CruxDreams.com
I never heard of such method, so it is pure fantasy, but I think that the big nail - it must be really long and thick - hammered under the crotch would be very efficient as a sedile.

I've drawn an idea like that before, using one of the spikes as a sedile:

I think whether or not it was a historic reality matters less than whether or not it seems plausible as a method of prolonging an execution.

Attachments

• Damned 1.jpg
    Damned 1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,502
  • Damned 2.jpg
    Damned 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,510
@Eulalia: regarding nails and expensive iron, it is true but please do remember that according to the ancient authors, the nails were not re-used but often being taken by people and used as a valuable talismans. I wonder if a "crotch nail" would be of a special value ;) Perhaps so, but it is only a guess.

@mp5stab: don't you think it is placed too low, she couldn't perhaps reach this nail.
But exactly as for the idea, it is the most probable form of this very simple but cruel tool.

I generally like the artists who make drawings about crucifixion : sometimes, it could be better than all the 3D without soul, cold , etc ...
Continue Andy, I'm a fan !!!:clapping:

I generally like the artists who make drawings about crucifixion : sometimes, it could be better than all the 3D without soul, cold , etc ...
Continue Andy, I'm a fan !!!:clapping:

I am too! Simple drawings yet so full of tension, pain, and horror. I almost can't look at some of them -- they are so awful in what they depict -- but in a brutally honest, graphic way. Nothing romantic here -- just cold and heartless reality. Just like you'd imagine the real thing.

Absolutely wonderful crucifixion art!

Keep drawing!

For me it is a matter of fantasy. With sketches, all that can be imagined can be done. I love the absolute cruelty and crazed manners of the tortured of the crucifixion. It can be so close to reality that we do not see in real models, unfortunately. Although some here do come close! I love it all and Sketches from great artist is what i love most. Unless it can be doen for real. Keep up the great works! Bravo!!!

I've just come across this...
I generally like the artists who make drawings about crucifixion : sometimes, it could be better than all the 3D without soul, cold , etc ... Continue Andy, I'm a fan !!!:clapping:
I too often find drawings the most stimulating. I can let my imagination run wild there.... and a simple, reduced, or even somewhat 'imprecise' drawing sometimes brings the scene alive even more... in all, my personal treasure chest/poison cabinet of crux contains more drawings than 3d or photos...
Simple drawings yet so full of tension, pain, and horror. I almost can't look at some of them -- they are so awful in what they depict -- but in a brutally honest, graphic way. Nothing romantic here -- just cold and heartless reality. Just like you'd imagine the real thing.
so true...

Back
Top Bottom