Some Sketches

Go to CruxDreams.com
Aren't the first two based on original artwork by bobnearled/bobinder?
That first one is absolutely outstanding. We don't see the raising of the victim that often. Especially not when the arms are tied behind the crossbeam. Really nice and great expression....

My master told me: "When you ran away for the first time, you was hanged here for the day long. But you ran away again, and was hanged for two days, and you nearly died with thirst, do you remember? Now you tried to run away for the third time, and I hope that three days on this cross in the middle of the summer heat will finally teach you something".
So I am hanging here and I am sure that if I will survive three days with no water and food, I will soon run away once again, and I hope that I will be finally able to escape. Because if I will fail, I will be finished. My master warned me that he had enough of me and if I'd try once again, I would be nailed and simply left to starve here.

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_093125.jpg
    IMG_20190909_093125.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 526
When emeritus general Valerius returned to his villa just after the victorious campaign against one of rebelling Gaul tribes, he brought some fifty of new slaves with him, and immediately problems emerged. New prisoners of war were freedom loving people, not accepting their enslavement nor used to obey the hard Roman laws. He knew that they would require some form of quick and clear lesson of submission. He achieved it with crucifying one of them - a middle-aged woman - in the most cruel way for some small act of disobedience and forcing all his remaining slaves to march under her cross twice a day for a week, first seeing her dying, weeping and wailing, and later watching her stinking corpse rotting and being eaten by vultures. And for this relatively small price he bought a peace: there was really no more acts of disobedience.

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_093050.jpg
    IMG_20190909_093050.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 536
"Oh, Rose, my sister, please don't believe that I was able to do such a thing... Please don't consider me a criminal... I am not guilty in poisoning our poor father! I don't know how could they found a flask of a toxic liquid between my things...but I am innocent! Please believe me! If you count me guilty, my agony will be twice more painful for me...!"

"Violet, my dear, of course I believe you! You are perfectly innocent. You couldn't have poisoned our father because it's me who have personally poisoned him and put the flask into your bag! Don't you understand my reasons? Papa was a rich man, but not rich anough to let his possession be divided between two of us...! And moreover, what better suspect could I found? So, don't worry and feel happy, dear sister! I wish you nice hanging, maybe painful but with no stings of remorse - and, as far as I remember, it was ever the most important thing to you, so finally we have both received what we wanted and deserved: me the father's gold and you the confirmation of your innocence, oh my stupid, impractical, naive sister! Good bye and see you in hell!"

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_120136.jpg
    IMG_20190909_120136.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 492
"My dear Lucius,
I hope you are recovering and soon you will join your cohort with both legs equally healthy and strong. You will find us much nearer and far from the forests, in the pleasant open area, because we have been moved from the camp at Haldunum (damn these barbaric names!) to the south, near the Pont Maximus, so no more falling trees will hurt your leg. I am joking of course. We have quiet time here: we are actually engaged in chasing the small groups of Christians, trying to escape the imperial territory crossing the Gaelic border. You will be pleased, however the task is slightly boring: these heretics are completely defenceless, mostly unarmed (or easy to be disarmed) and they often want to be punished so catching and crucifying them is the easiest job we ever been ordered to do. I think they are really the most stupid opponents we dealt with. Can you believe that for example today in the morning we unmasked a Christian woman who, while being stripped down to the loincloth and prepared to be tied to the cross, told us that she is unworthy dying in more gentle and decent way as her master Joshua the Jew and she asked us to treat her as brutal and cruel as we can! We finally agreed. We have no nine-tails so we didn't scourge her however she has been fully undressed, twice raped, nailed and additionally impaled through the ass with no resistance at all. I supposed that she was some perverted deviant, but while hanged, she started to pray to her Joshua complaining for her abusement and humiliation, as a decent, faithful woman, though in fact she was stripped and abused AT HER OWN DEMAND! Still I am hearing her voice; now she is trying to sing some very serious and joyful religious hymn, and she looks so amusing singing naked and with her ass impaled, that I simply cannot stop laughing...! These are such people so you will have much fun here too dear friend. So please inform us when you are going to come back and everything will be ready for your return. Let your travel be easy and comfortable! See you soon in Pont Maximus.
Yours sincerely Grakhus Arminius"

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_130424.jpg
    IMG_20190909_130424.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 487
"Dear Grakhus,
I am thankful to you for your kindness, and therefore I want to inform you that my miles medicus told me I was going to leave the valetudinarium at Gergovia within a week. Some preparations will be necessary before I'll depart Gallia so do expect me in the camp Pont Maximus in the very end of September. As for Christians, I am fully aware what you wrote about, and at the same moment I see some moron of the same kind hanging on her cross, dancing with pain and yelling loudly, and attracting attention of half a camp, totally nude save thorn crown on her forehead and nails in her wrists and feet. She would have been crucified in the forest with nearly no witnesses and the boys wanted to add a sedile under her buttocks, but she begged them for the worse death than Jesus of Nazareth (I think she meant the same person as Joshua the Jew) so they dragged her here and the praetor let her to be nailed with no sedile (which really must cause the horrible pain in her hands) and in the most crowded public place available, as she wished, which means the main street before his own office inside the camp. I cannot deny that she gave us a good amusement, all the soldiers free from their duties - some half a thousand men - are gathered here watching her and loudly applauding every move of her thighs or bounce of her breasts. This woman personally wants to have her shame covered but praetor refused her pleas and especially nailed her allowing her to spread open her thighs, which is inevitable during the dance. Really funny people. But enough of these stupid heretics. Soon we'll meet and will be able to talk over all the matters personally. Please give my second letter to the general Marius and please let optio know that I am back within few weeks. If I can have some personal request, please buy for me the good wool blanket because my old is nearly worn out. I will bring an amphor or two of the same Spanish vine we purchased from Publio in Gergovia. And please find me a servant fluent in German, because I want to continue learning this language before the next campaign; it is important for the officer to understand basic words from your enemy language, my dear Grakhus, even if you find them unpleasant and barbaric.
Let the grace of Gods will be with you, see you soon.
Your Lucius Secundus Pavo"

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_141658.jpg
    IMG_20190909_141658.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 474
Last edited:
"Marius, how do you think: will we return to the barracks before midnight or not? I am tired sitting here and watching this bitch for all the day long!"
"Marcus, oh boy, don't be so impatient! See: she is exhausted and perhaps will be dead within few hours. Look carefully: she was nailed few inches too high and her labia don't even touch the upper surface of the sedile. And this wooden cock is not thick and long enough to give her a solid support, so she is hanging on her wrists only and up to now she is nearly suffocated."
"Maybe so, maybe no. D'you remember this bitch at the Fontes? She had been dying full night after breaking her legs!"
"OK then: if she will be still alive after the sunset, we will grab her thighs and add some hundred pounds to her weight, until she will be not able to breathe. We must do it fast and quick to not allow her scream nor squeak and drag everyone's attention. If she couldn't get air, she wouldn't make any noise but die quickly. Then we will be allowed to come home. But be careful not to torn her wrists apart!"
"Thanks, decurio!"

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_130400.jpg
    IMG_20190909_130400.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 496
Last edited:
So I am standing here with my heart pounding and listening to the soldiers discussing the lengths and thicknesses of the nails and weight of a wooden beam... A technical debate how to nail the piece of meat to the wood with iron... And they don't talk about some generic piece of meat. This piece of meat is standing here, ashamed and terrified, listening to them and waiting for the painful strokes of a heavy hammer. It's me. Because I am no longer a beautiful, young girl, loving and being loved, full of hope and dreams to come true. I am only a useless piece of meat and my destiny is to rot.

Attachments

• IMG_20190909_205551.jpg
    IMG_20190909_205551.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 536
When Marcus Publius Capellanus surprisingly opened the gates of his winter camp at Leonisium, besieged by the Arvernians in the early spring of year 710, thus letting the Gaul warriors overrun his three incomplete cohorts of tired and hungry defenders, the senate decided to call him back to Rome and bring a formal lawsuit in order to punish him for this act of a cowardice. Soon Gaius Iulius Ceasar emerged his mounted auxilliary Gaul units and pushed the enemies back from the Leonisium, later regained by the legionary infantry, but Marcus didn't return with them but run away together with Arvernian chieftains and joined Vercingetorix at Gergovia. The Senate has no choice but to convict him for high treason, and unable to punish the traitor personally, to requisite his villa and all the possessions and to arrest and interroggate his wife Iulia and daughter Publia Prima. And when the procurator found that they made some preparations for the long trip to the north, together with the Marcus' mother, their fate was decided. Early morning of 14th of Sextilis, 711 three women, representing three generations of Marcus Publius Capellanus family: his mother Publia Minerva, aged 61, his wife Iulia Publia, 40, and his daughter Publia Prima, 19, were crucified at the gates of Antium, the nearest big town neighbouring to Marcus' latifundium...

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_062756.jpg
    IMG_20190910_062756.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 505
... Marcus' mother died after few hours, but the wife and daughter survived three days. The senate decided to show mercy to the women and their legs were broken and nipples and labia cut off, however due to the sedile seats they didn't die immediately. After one more night the daughter was dead or at least unconscious but the wife was still alive, weeping and crying so the impatient soldiers finally burned her alive.
Marcus was never found nor heard of and he was assumed to be killed during some later battle of Gaul wars.

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_074117.jpg
    IMG_20190910_074117.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 509
  • IMG_20190910_082216.jpg
    IMG_20190910_082216.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 477
Last edited:
I tried to escape from my new master but the guards stopped me in the city gate and brought me back to him. He didn't tell a single word but wrote few words on the plank and gave it to the guards. They leaded me to the forum and announced the verdict with a loud voice to be heard by all the people here. I was stoned when I have heard the verdict. I was sure I would be flogged. I was young and I wanted to live! But it was the death sentence. I couldn't believe my ears. My master ordered me to die on the cross.

So they stripped me naked, tied to the pillory and scourged my back, then covered my lower belly with a piece of dirty rag, put the rope on my neck and burdened my shoulders with the heavy beam. Then they dragged me to the gallows out of the same gate I tried to pass an hour ago and with no mercy hammered me, writhing and screaming, to the wood of damnation, and lifted the cross up. And then they uncover my full nakedness and fix the plank with the sentence under my feet and left me here fully exposed, hanging on four nails, to be seen, mocked and laughed at by the crowds of merchants and their servants, wanting to enter the city and obligued to wait here for the toll collectors estimating their products to calculate the charge.

But I was hardly able to notice the onlookers due to the overhelming pain and desperation.

So, the unknown visitor, looking up at my tormented body, please do not feel disregarded and please forgive the dying slavegirl her lack of attention.

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_084824.jpg
    IMG_20190910_084824.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 457
Early morning of 14th of Sextilis, 711 three women, representing three generations of Marcus Publius Capellanus family: his mother Publia Minerva, aged 61, his wife Iulia Publia, 40, and his daughter Publia Prima, 19, were crucified at the gates of Antium, the nearest big town neighbouring to Marcus' latifundium...

They look like they are ready to die like good Roman women. Stoic and accepting of Fate’s decrees.

“It was women who gave birth to all these men who will now kill us,” the old woman said to her daughter-in-law and granddaughter as the executioners prepared for the nailing, “We shall shame them by screaming less than they would.”

Last edited:
So I am standing here with my heart pounding and listening to the soldiers discussing the lengths and thicknesses of the nails and weight of a wooden beam... A technical debate how to nail the piece of meat to the wood with iron... And they don't talk about some generic piece of meat. This piece of meat is standing here, ashamed and terrified, listening to them and waiting for the painful strokes of a heavy hammer. It's me. Because I am no longer a beautiful, young girl, loving and being loved, full of hope and dreams to come true. I am only a useless piece of meat and my destiny is to rot.

It’s like being fitted for a pretty new dress. Arms and legs measured, the exact spots where they are going to place them marked on the wood. All to best prepare her for her final lover, who stands erect and eager in front of her.

I really enjoyed that girl, Andy!

They look like they are ready to die like good Roman women. Stoic and accepting of Fate’s decrees.

“It was women who gave birth to all these men who will now kill us,” the old woman said to her daughter-in-law and granddaughter as the executioners prepared for the nailing, “We shall shame them by screaming less than they would.”
Sorry, but I don't suppose that such text was possible, and anyway, I am affraid that the executioners would win in such competitions 3:0 making the women to scream and cry loudly with pain with no effort. Driving the nail through the particular nerves is more than human being can withstand, really. And do not trust the start cutscene from the Conan game where the girl stands up and starts to run 30 seconds after the nail has been removed from her feet...

Sorry, but I don't suppose that such text was possible, and anyway, I am affraid that the executioners would win in such competitions 3:0 making the women to scream and cry loudly with pain with no effort. Driving the nail through the particular nerves is more than human being can withstand, really. And do not trust the start cutscene from the Conan game where the girl stands up and starts to run 30 seconds after the nail has been removed from her feet...

Ha! You’re almost certainly right, but what good Roman didn’t at least try to confront death bravely, before being reduced to a crying, screaming mess?

As you know, there are (or were) two main options for executioners: option 1 which is to secure maximum of the physical pain to the victim in a relatively short time due to the scourging, nailing, impaling, breasts cutting, breaking of legs, burning alive etc. and option 2 while the goal is to secure the slow agony prolonged to the extents, when the main sources of the suffering are hunger, thirst, night cold or sunshine heat, being eaten alive by worms and insects, and last but not least psychical torment of being humiliated, expulsed, unwanted, worthless and hopeless. The second option required some kind of support under the feet or under the crotch of a victim. The sedile is okay but sometimes we want to humiliate a victim a bit more, especially because the sedile itself partially covers his/her crotch from the spectators. Penetration of anus and/or vagina with some wooden devices looks the most wanted, but...

...but there is a technical query regarding "option 2 crucifixion": how to impale victim tormenting him or her sexual zones with doing no real harm (as speeding up death will be the most unwanted result of wounding his/her intestines in this case)?

Maybe the sedile + short cornu(s) combination is an answer. It could be designed in two versions, for males and for females. It is pure fantasy and non-verifyable hypothesis, but looks for me strongly sexually humiliating and cruel enough to be at least probable. How do you feel?

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_162420.jpg
    IMG_20190910_162420.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 427
  • IMG_20190910_162448.jpg
    IMG_20190910_162448.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 449
Last edited:
After finding Viridius dead in his own bed, with his throat cut open and his cock removed, alarmed soldiers entered the villa and imprisoned all the servants of the late citizen. And when after three days of search and interrogations still no one could find who was responsible for this crime, all the slaves were crucified. Knowing the heterosexual preferences of the late Viridius, the females were far more suspected than their male colleagues, so their fate was far worse: the men were simply crucified, but the women suffered additional torment: the red hot iron rod pushed into vagina and then the extremely thick wooden pole hammered into ass. They said that their cries and screams have been heard in the town, half a mile away, for two days and nights.

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_182131.jpg
    IMG_20190910_182131.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 470
Last edited:
"OK, we are here. Take your clothes off."
"But... my loincloth..."
"Take everything off, do you understand, you stupid woman!?"
"Oh, my God, help me..."
"Your god died on the same cross, so he wouldn't help you, but you will accompany him soon! Now the sandals. Take them off too."
"Master, for the God's sake, at least let me know what am I sentenced for? What is written on my titulus plank?"
"I haven't got your titulus. You are not worthy even the plank nor these nails!"
"But where do you have my titulus?"
"I told you, it is not necessary. Who is interested in the name or the deeds of some stupid condemned whore?"
"I am not a whore, I never... Ah! Why do you beat me?"
"Shut up, you dirty pig, and undress faster! I have no time to talk to a dead woman! Now lie down and spread your legs apart!"
"What have you said...?"
"Open your fucking hole!!!"
"But, master,..."
"SHUT UP, I have told you! No one is interested in your waffling too! Spread your legs, I wouldn't told you thrice - now we will fuck you. I see it is necessary to make you remember that you ARE no more than a whore!"
"No... Please... Noooo...!"
"OK, now we are going home and you, Gaelic whore, can scream and cry as you wish, no one will help you. So, my noblest lady, we wish you a nice afternoon!"
"Master... Oh... Please... Oh... Oh, God!"
"Hahahaha, good bye and see you when you are dead, you stupid slut!"

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_221658.jpg
    IMG_20190910_221658.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom