Staying private(ish)

Go to CruxDreams.com
It has just dawned on me that there are always many more "guests" logged on to the forum than there are members.
Some of the things one might like to post for forum members with similar interests are of quite a personal nature.
Is there any way, or anywhere, that one can post material so that it can only be seen by those who have taken the trouble to join the forum rather than to everyone in the world who enters a google search?

It has just dawned on me that there are always many more "guests" logged on to the forum than there are members.
Some of the things one might like to post for forum members with similar interests are of quite a personal nature.
Is there any way, or anywhere, that one can post material so that it can only be seen by those who have taken the trouble to join the forum rather than to everyone in the world who enters a google search?
Hi Chris,

Any text that you post here is open to the internet, although you have to be a member to open thumbnail images (which is one of the reasons why we discourage the posting of full sized images.)

To keep things private you need to use the conversation facility which can only be seen by those in the conversation.

You should never post anything in open forum that could be used to identify yourself.

Last edited:
there are always many more "guests" logged on to the forum than there are members.

Actually 'guests' include robots, which are nearly always search engines - Google, Bing, Yandex (Russian), Baidu (Chinese)
Typically at an one moment, about half will be human browsers, half robots searching. Which of course doesn't deflect from the point you're making.

Hi Chris,

Any text that you post here is open to the internet, although you have to be a member to open thumbnail images (which is one of the reasons why we discourage the posting of full sized images.)

To keep things private you need to use the conversation facility which can only be seen by those in the conversation.

You should never post anything in open forum that could be used to identify yourself.
Oh dear....anyone can see what I look like. That's not good. :(

Oh dear....anyone can see what I look like. That's not good. :(

The private conversation groups could create more oportunities, for things one only wants to share with people with the same interest, such as sharing private crux pics. However, these conversation groups are invisible, unless one is explicitely invited (or starts a group oneself). Perhaps they can be used on a basis of invitation to application. I have seen one only so far (created by FSG, some years ago).

Back
Top Bottom