Story Priorities...

Which story are you most interested in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Go to CruxDreams.com
Personally, I was really enjoying Life and Death of an Anti-Impalement Activist, and hope you'll prioritize that. I thought the characters had some depth, and the backstory and the legal/political maneuverings were interesting and plausible. While with the other two stories, you get right to the punishment phase with much less time to explore character or background, though I think you have a real talent for establishing sympathetic characters, regardless.

Personally, I was really enjoying Life and Death of an Anti-Impalement Activist, and hope you'll prioritize that. I thought the characters had some depth, and the backstory and the legal/political maneuverings were interesting and plausible. While with the other two stories, you get right to the punishment phase with much less time to explore character or background, though I think you have a real talent for establishing sympathetic characters, regardless.
Thanks, Jon. :) Definitely not my intention to turn this thread into a repository of praise to boost my ego, but I’ll take it! :) :)

I second Jon's opinion. Those who read my stories, including my current one, "Priya's Punishment", know that I like to create characters that the reader can care about. Also the setting and cultural background was rather unique to this site, which is quite Euro/North American centered.

I like the story "life and death of an anti-impalement activist" the most. Btw: Juan1234, you are one of my favorite writers here. "The Guilty" is one of my all time favorite storys because of your great writing stile and the semi-consensual main character. So please continue writing. You have a lot of talent for this.

I like the story "life and death of an anti-impalement activist" the most. Btw: Juan1234, you are one of my favorite writers here. "The Guilty" is one of my all time favorite storys because of your great writing stile and the semi-consensual main character. So please continue writing. You have a lot of talent for this.
Wow, thanks, thefrog87. :oops:

I'd say 'Checking in' and 'Sentence negotiation' are more 'situations' or 'settings' which work perfectly well without being written to a conclusion that tells us how the punishment is carried out or how the result of the negotiation is applied. It's more about 'imagine yourself in this situation' & especially sentence negotiation is a favorite of mine & something I'd considered writing about.

The story of Anjali Batra the anti-impalement activist is more of a narrative arc. In fact the title itself, Life and Death, indicates a conclusion.

'Checking in' and 'Negotiation' have basically gotten their point across, we can take these as scenarios to explore in our own fantasies, they might in fact suffer from forcing them to have just one outcome.

With the activist's story, it's more of -- we're curious to find out how things turned out.

So I'd place my vote for continuing that one.

'Life and Death of an anti-impalement activist', so what happens, the plane crashes on her way to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for succeeding with her campaign to abolish a barbaric practice ... :devil: ?

I was very keen to see what would happen in "The Life and Death..." I still am.
But then I saw "Sentence Negotiating" and I am even more keen to see that go on.
And then I saw "Checking in" and ...
So maybe take Jon Smithies' advice.
I would be simply delighted to see any of these go forward.

I was very keen to see what would happen in "The Life and Death..." I still am.
But then I saw "Sentence Negotiating" and I am even more keen to see that go on.
And then I saw "Checking in" and ...
So maybe take Jon Smithies' advice.
I would be simply delighted to see any of these go forward.
Like a Venetian merchant learning a ship feared lost was sailing into harbour.

Back
Top Bottom