Strip Search

Go to CruxDreams.com
Here's a clip of the scene:

It follows the text pretty closely.
Orwell didn't actually say they were naked, but they'd been making love,
then had slept, they were still in bed when mocking remarks suddenly start coming from the picture on the wall -
having them out of bed, gazing together out of the window, the folksy little song suddenly interrupted by the shocking voice
makes for a more dramatic film version - but the way Orwell describes Julia watching the policeman's truncheon
knowing he's going to use it on her, but not knowing where, is a bit of psychological tension not attempted in the film.

Here's yet another strip search from the Spanish TV series "Locked Up." This one is really different. The setup is that the parents of a girl who's been kidnapped must negotiate with an inmate in the prison named Zulema. Zulema is as smart as she is ruthless, and has the parents strip off all their clothes and place them out of range of the mics that she knows have been planted on them. Only then is she willing to negotiate.

strip search-zulema2.JPGstrip search-zulema3.JPGstrip search-zulema4.JPGstrip search-zulema7.JPGstrip search-zulema6.JPGstrip search-zulema9.JPGstrip search-zulema8.JPGstrip search-zulema10.JPGstrip search-zulema11.JPGstrip search-zulema13.JPG

Here's yet another strip search from the Spanish TV series "Locked Up." This one is really different. The setup is that the parents of a girl who's been kidnapped must negotiate with an inmate in the prison named Zulema. Zulema is as smart as she is ruthless, and has the parents strip off all their clothes and place them out of range of the mics that she knows have been planted on them. Only then is she willing to negotiate.
Indeed, a very unusual situation of forced stripping in a prison context. The couple must be very desperate, to accept these conditions!

Indeed, a very unusual situation of forced stripping in a prison context. The couple must be very desperate, to accept these conditions!

Yes, that's one thing I liked about the scene. The parents do not hesitate. They want their daughter returned alive, and if they have to strip naked in public to accomplish that, that's what they will do, without question or pause. I also liked that Zulema is very respectful and sympathetic. She's not there to mock them. She's a business woman, she's trying to make a deal.

I found another kinda-sorta strip search that I like: This one is from the Russian site "Totally Undressed." There's no subtitles so I don't know what the scene is actually about but Whatever. In my imagination the woman is a college professor who has been across the border to a neighboring country to attend an academic conference. However, during an unguarded moment she said some unflattering things about her government. So upon returning to the border to re-enter her native land, she is stopped by security personnel and subjected to a humiliating strip search as payback.

strip search russian9.PNGstrip search russian10.PNGstrip search russian2.PNGstrip search russian12.PNGstrip search russian13.PNGstrip search russian3.PNGstrip search russian5.PNGstrip search russian6.PNGstrip search russian7.PNGstrip search russian8.PNG

I found another kinda-sorta strip search that I like: This one is from the Russian site "Totally Undressed." There's no subtitles so I don't know what the scene is actually about but Whatever. In my imagination the woman is a college professor who has been across the border to a neighboring country to attend an academic conference. However, during an unguarded moment she said some unflattering things about her government. So upon returning to the border to re-enter her native land, she is stopped by security personnel and subjected to a humiliating strip search as payback.

View attachment 603335View attachment 603336View attachment 603329View attachment 603337View attachment 603338View attachment 603330View attachment 603331View attachment 603332View attachment 603333View attachment 603334
It almost looks like the coffee shop...

I could be wrong...

T

Lo and Behold, I recently found another strip search! But I had to plumb the depths. Or, more accurately, "The Deep," a movie from 1977 based on a Peter Benchley book of the same name. Benchley had, a year or two earlier, found a modicum of success with the book "Jaws" and the movie made from it. Why, I don't know, since there are no strip searches.

"The Deep" is about a young couple who go scuba diving in Bermuda and find both treasure from a Spanish galleon and a load of morphine ampules from a WW II shipwreck. The drug lord on the island finds out about it and searches the young couple for the ampule they have recovered. Gail (Jacqueline Bisset) strips to the waist at the drug kingpin's insistence to prove she doesn't have the ampule on her. The PG rated strip search had me wanting to shout "Hey Kingpin! There's a couple of other places a woman can hide drugs on her!" Just sayin'.

deep4.PNGdeep5.PNGdeep6.PNGdeep7.PNG

As a historical note, Jacqueline Bisset's swim in her wet T-shirt created quite a stir back in the day and launched her instantaneously into super sex-stardom.

deep2.PNGdeep3.PNG

I know I was not so stirred by underwater swimming until 2005's "Into The Blue" featuring Jessica Alba.

into blue.jpg

Last edited:
I was given that book as a 15 or 16 year old. In the book her male partner is already naked, she strips to her bikini bottom, and she has her fingers hooked into that when she is told she can stop. The scene as written is very hot, heavy with erotic anticipation, which had quite an impact on a young reader! Pity to see how toned down it was in the film.

then had slept, they were still in bed when mocking remarks suddenly start coming from the picture on the wall -
having them out of bed, gazing together out of the window, the folksy little song suddenly interrupted by the shocking voice
makes for a more dramatic film version - but the way Orwell describes Julia watching the policeman's truncheon
knowing he's going to use it on her, but not knowing where, is a bit of psychological tension not attempted in the film.
While shooting that scene John Hurt and Susanna Hamilton must have spent a LOT of time stark naked while surrounded by fully clothed people. That thought I find pretty hot in itself!

See, that's kinda my point. For me, the erotic charge of a strip search comes more at the beginning of the process, where the prisoner is in dread anticipation of having to expose all the intimate areas of her body to the view of an unsympathetic stranger.
I totally understand that. It is very erotic. The despoiling, the dread, the exposure. Much like a first sexual encounter.

And another strip (again, not really a search, but who's counting,) this time from the movie "Farewell, My Queen." Lea Seydoux plays Sidonie Laborde, a servant who is assigned to read to Marie Antoinette. Unbeknownst to her and Marie, she'll soon be out of a job. However, as the political situation in France continues to unravel, Marie Antoinette sees the writing on the wall, and selects Sidonie for the great honor of impersonating the queen so she (Marie Antoinette) can make her escape. I mean, what a promotion! From servant/reader to Queen for a Day! Who wouldn't snap at that chance? Marie has Sidonie strip naked so she can evaluate her.

View attachment 584104View attachment 584105View attachment 584106View attachment 584107View attachment 584108View attachment 584109View attachment 584110View attachment 584111

In my own imagining, Sidonie is a lady in waiting to the Queen. She has been overheard making insolent comments about the Queen's fat ass, or maybe her stinky feet. In a rage, the Queen orders that Sidonie be stripped naked, publicly flogged, branded, and send to her stables in the country, there to undergo brutal training as one of the Queen's ponygirls.
If memory serves, in the book A Tale Of Two Cities, a seamstress girl is on the wagon bound for the guillotine because she worked for the Royals in the castle. So chances are this lady in waiting will also lose her head soon. I don't recall sexual abuse being covered in the novel, but it was written in much gentler times. Chances are the girls were somewhat used by the time they got on the cart to the guillotine.

She is beautiful. He got very lucky, considering his looks.

she was stitched up? :rolleyes:

LOL. There are several British English idiomatic expressions I much prefer to the American ones. "Stitched up" is one of my faves. In the U.S. we say "Framed" which seems kind of lackluster. I like "Sort it!" too instead of the U.S. "Fix it!" But on the other hand I think the American "Ratted out" is better than the British "grassed."
I won't even go into "Boot" versus "Trunk," or "bonnet" versus "hood." I'll leave that under the heading of "Two people separated by a common language."

Back
Top Bottom