Strip Search

Go to CruxDreams.com
LOL. There are several British English idiomatic expressions I much prefer to the American ones. "Stitched up" is one of my faves. In the U.S. we say "Framed" which seems kind of lackluster. I like "Sort it!" too instead of the U.S. "Fix it!" But on the other hand I think the American "Ratted out" is better than the British "grassed."
I won't even go into "Boot" versus "Trunk," or "bonnet" versus "hood." I'll leave that under the heading of "Two people separated by a common language."
Of course in the US, if you "worked for the Royals", that would make you an employee of the Kansas City baseball team:p

Of course in the US, if you "worked for the Royals", that would make you an employee of the Kansas City baseball team:p
And I suppose that if I were to wear a Kansas City Royals T-shirt I could be charged with "Impersonating Royal-T." Or I could be if I were in England. In this country we don't bother with that kind of foolishness.
Way, way off topic but speaking of slang, euphemisms and idioms, I've been reading a book called "The Fatal Shore," which is a history of the founding of Australia. It was mentioned early on in my "Mina Berkeley's Voyage" thread when I thought that's where Cape Coast was located. Anyhoo the author talks about all the euphemisms for hanging that they had back in the 18th century, when public hangings were carried out at Tyburn, England. You might be interested in this, Windar, since you and Barbaria wrote a hanging story.
Officially, a hanged man "Paid the supreme penalty" or was "Launched into eternity."
The poor, those most likely to be hanged, used less exalted expressions. To die by hanging was to "Ride a horse foaled by an acorn," or to "Go up the ladder to bed," (since the person to be executed was not dropped through a trapdoor, but climbed a ladder with the noose around his or her neck,) or to "Die of hempen fever," or "To be in a deadly suspense." It was also described as "To piss when you can't whistle," or "To loll your tongue out at the company."
Public executions--what a way to enrich the language.

A few pics of a "hoax" strip search. The person doing the search pretends to be a security officer, and orders the woman to strip. The woman, acting all huffy and pissed off, finally agrees to strip naked, at which point the man tells her that he's not a security officer at all, he just wanted to see her naked, and poke at her and tickle her (which he does throughout the video.)

airportss1.PNGairportss2.PNGairportss3.PNG

Last edited:
aoha156-2.JPG Strip search in a Russian prison

gotcuffs rachel1.jpg gotcuffs rachel 2.jpggotcuffs rachel3.jpggotcuffs rachel5.jpggotcuffs rachel4.jpg Rachel of "GotCuffs" being strip searched.

esther schweins the victory of women1.jpgesther schweins the victory of women2.jpg Esther Schweins as Emmeline Pankhurst in the German TV show "Die Halfte der Welt gehort uns," Which, as I recall from my college German means, "Half of the world belongs to us." I haven't seen the show, but understand it's about the struggle of the suffragettes of the early 1900's to win the right to vote. Emmeline Pankhurst was a militant British suffragette, who was arrested and imprisoned multiple times. The suffragettes were treated brutally: beaten, abused, and thrown in prisons under awful conditions, and force fed when they went on hunger strikes. Pankhurst wrote that she would always remember the screams of agony of the women as they were being force fed. I don't know specifically what's going on in this scene but I assume Pankhurst has been arrested and is being stripped and searched to humiliate and intimidate her. As a historical note, it didn't work.

Emmeline_Pankhurst2.jpg Emmeline Pankhurst
emmeline pankhurst3.jpg E.P. being arrested.

A few more pics of a strip search in a Russian prison. This is Olga Drozdova as Katya in the Russian TV series "Banditskiy Peterburg: Advokat." Information about the series is rather sparse. According to a review on IMDB, Katya is the wife of a Russian gangster who's in prison. I'd love to know how Katy wound up there herself, but the series is not available on Netflix or Amazon. Any suggestions on finding it would be appreciated.

olga drozdova 1.jpgolga_drozdova_02.jpgolga_drozdova_11.jpgolga_drozdova_12.jpg

A few pics from the movie "Territories 2010," a Canadian horror movie. I can't find this one either, but from a synopsis it's about five friends returning from Canada to the U.S. They are stopped by a couple of overzealous and sadistic border guards on the U.S. side. The stop becomes violent, with one of the guards handcuffing one of the women to a tree and subjecting her to a cavity search. Then one of the friends is shot and killed. The guards then make the other four (two couples) strip naked, put on orange jump suits, and basically kidnap them to be interrogated and brutalized at leisure. Again, if anyone knows where I could find this one, please let me know.

capture3.PNGcapture4.PNG territories21.pngterritories-118282l-576x0-w-13a2ecf8.jpgterritories-295291l-576x0-w-61ef40c8.jpgcapture2.PNGcapture1.PNG

Last edited:
I fail to understand why, after getting those lovelies nice and naked, why they put jumpsuits back on them? Are these guards sick, or what?
I know, right? They're clearly sick. That's the only way I can understand it too. I mean, wouldn't it have been awesome if the captives or "prisoners" had been led through the woods in coffle, shackled and hooded and stark naked? Or in those cages naked? Damn. Maybe that's why the movie is so hard to find. Missed opportunities like that. Should be a lesson to film makers everywhere.

Just FYI, as I understand it, the border agents were previously guards at Guantanamo, and apparently missed the good old days there.

I know, right? They're clearly sick. That's the only way I can understand it too. I mean, wouldn't it have been awesome if the captives or "prisoners" had been led through the woods in coffle, shackled and hooded and stark naked? Or in those cages naked? Damn. Maybe that's why the movie is so hard to find. Missed opportunities like that. Should be a lesson to film makers everywhere.

Just FYI, as I understand it, the border agents were previously guards at Guantanamo, and apparently missed the good old days there.
I also understand that after the movie flopped (for the above reasons) some got jobs with the New York State Bureau of Corrections at a place called something like "Newgate?"

A few pics from the movie "Territories 2010," a Canadian horror movie. I can't find this one either, but from a synopsis it's about five friends returning from Canada to the U.S. They are stopped by a couple of overzealous and sadistic border guards on the U.S. side. The stop becomes violent, with one of the guards handcuffing one of the women to a tree and subjecting her to a cavity search. Then one of the friends is shot and killed. The guards then make the other four (two couples) strip naked, put on orange jump suits, and basically kidnap them to be interrogated and brutalized at leisure. Again, if anyone knows where I could find this one, please let me know.

View attachment 673419View attachment 673420 View attachment 673423View attachment 673421View attachment 673422View attachment 673418View attachment 673417

More fun than a wall! :D

Many thanks to Darkness Monger, who sent me a link to a movie called "El Apando," which, I think would be in American prison slang, "The Hole." It's about some inmates in a notorious Mexican prison who try to get the women in their lives to smuggle drugs to them. The movie was made in 1976, and is in Spanish. Though I am an American, I do not speak that language, so I'm sure I missed some of the subtleties in the scene, but on the other hand, there's this "universal language" thing that's going on, which makes it pretty easy to figure out.

The visiting wife, or girlfriend, is taken to a room to be searched by a prison matron. "Off with Las Ropas" she says.

el apando 2.PNGel apando 3.PNG "Skirt too. Ahora, por favor."

el apando5.PNGel apando 11.PNGel apando 6.PNG "No need to be shy, sweet cheeks," the matron says, " las Pantaletas too."

el apando 7.PNGel apando 8.PNG The matron half heartedly paws through the clothing of the young mujer. She's far more interested in searching somewhere else.

el apando 9.PNG She dons the rubber gloves.

el apando 10.PNG el apando 12.PNGThe matron conducts a slow and careful cavity search, bringing it to a thoroughly satisfying conclusion for both participants.

It occurred to me that not all strip searches are non-consensual, though we certainly prefer them that way. After all, anytime you go to the doctor for a routine check up you willingly submit to a strip search. That may seem a little thin for the purposes of this thread, but any excuse will do to show a few pics of the lovely Leighton Meester. She plays Ali, who is crushing on everyone's favorite doctor, Gregory House, and attempts to impress him with a "rhino thing."

leighton meester2.PNG Falling in love with the doc on a previous episode.

leighton meester9.PNGleighton meester4.PNGleighton meester5.PNG Patient complaint: "It's gone to my chest."
leighton meester10.PNGDr. House (Hugh Laurie) reacts to the seriousness of her condition.
leighton meester7.PNG
leighton meester12.PNGAnother satisfying strip search.
leighton house1.gif

Last edited:
It occurred to me that not all strip searches are non-consensual, though we certainly prefer them that way. After all, anytime you go to the doctor for a routine check up you willingly submit to a strip search. That may seem a little thin for the purposes of this thread, but any excuse will do to show a few pics of the lovely Leighton Meester. She plays Ali, who is crushing on everyone's favorite doctor, Gregory House, and attempts to impress him with a "rhino thing."
"Doctor, that sound in my right ear is still there!":confused:

I recently watched a series on Netflix called "Quicksand." It's the story of an eighteen year old high school student, Maja (played by Hanna Ardehn,) who is involved in a multiple victim shooting at her high school. The young woman is covered in the the blood of her classmates, and is carefully stripped and searched by forensic technicians. I thought the story and the characters were quite compelling, and I was impressed with the portrayal of Swedish legal procedure. If it is anywhere near realistic, I'd have to say that the Swedish system seems far more humane, compassionate, and fair than the American system.

hannah ardehn quicksand1.PNGhanna ardehn quicksand2.PNGhanna ardehn quicksand3.PNGMaja's clothes are carefully stripped from her body for forensic processing.

hanna ardehn quicksand5.PNGhanna ardehn quicksand6.PNGShortly afterwards, after being arrested on several counts of attempted homicide and homicide charges, Maja has to change into a prison uniform.

More than just a strip search, searched and punished

heidi01.jpgheidi02.jpgheidi03.jpgheidi04.jpgheidi10.jpgheidi11.jpgheidi12.jpgheidi13.jpgheidi14.jpgheidi15.jpg

706472-9b9e8449a49f0006c4cdbcff9e96b333.jpg

Your choice is simple, Martha. You tell us where your husband, George, and his rebel Continental Army have gone into winter quarters, or tomorrow I'll have you hung by the neck and naked outside these walls in the freezing cold. And don't try to tell me it's Valley Forge. We British are not fools!

Back
Top Bottom