Testing IPFS

Go to CruxDreams.com
Hi everyone, been messing with IPFS to see if its workable to start making my archives available.
Working on content from DA currently because there seems to be so many works getting lost or accounts deactivated recently.
Give it a test and see what you think. Sometimes it's a little slow to load if a file hasn't been opened before, so be patient C:
If you want me to include something or add a large file or something, just ask C:
Current archives:
ThePHantom52/album/Crucifixions
zfx1849/collections/crux
and many more to come.
Feel free to link to images and use in posts, etc
Let me know if there's any issues.

It works well for me Phill - it will be good if you can keep your archive - or at least a link to it - here.

So far its something on the order of 450 GiB of unique stuff. Gonna try and upload some every day.
Whats best, keep editing tihe opening post or add new replies?

I suggest adding new replies, with a note of the kind of content each link will take us to,
I think members ( and possibly their equipment) would find that more user-friendly.

Current archives:
ThePHantom52/album/Crucifixions
zfx1849/collections/crux
and many more to come.
Feel free to link to images and use in posts, etc
Let me know if there's any issues.
Hi Phill, this works well, thanks.

I appreciate that it is in a testing phase. The folder entitled, 'ThePHantom52' does indeed contain his work on DeviantArt. But the folder entitled, 'zfx1849/collections/crux' obviously does not contain any work by zfx because it holds the contents of his 'crux' favourites collection on DeviantArt.

That collection currently includes work by SJ, Noone, Ramon and myself, but in only one case is an artist credited on your list (SJ - 'Cecilia crucified 004'.) I wonder if some members might find this arrangement misleading, especially since you have invited them to link to the images via IPFS rather than DeviantArt (where the pictures are all identified by artist and credited accordingly.)

Would it be possible to have the appropriate artists identified/credited on IPFS?
Just a thought. Thank you. :)

P.S. What name are you using on DeviantArt?

Hi Phill, this works well, thanks.

I appreciate that it is in a testing phase. The folder entitled, 'ThePHantom52' does indeed contain his work on DeviantArt. But the folder entitled, 'zfx1849/collections/crux' obviously does not contain any work by zfx because it holds the contents of his 'crux' favourites collection on DeviantArt.

That collection currently includes work by SJ, Noone, Ramon and myself, but in only one case is an artist credited on your list (SJ - 'Cecilia crucified 004'.) I wonder if some members might find this arrangement misleading, especially since you have invited them to link to the images via IPFS rather than DeviantArt (where the pictures are all identified by artist and credited accordingly.)

Would it be possible to have the appropriate artists identified/credited on IPFS?
Just a thought. Thank you. :)

P.S. What name are you using on DeviantArt?

It's a raw file storage, its not exactly easy to add extra text to the raw folders, unless I add an index page somewhere.
I the idea was to upload all the users/artists seperately, each with up to four sub-folders:
  • Albums: Folders that the artist has created.
  • Galleries: Complete archives of an artist's works
  • Collections: Folders of favorites by a user
  • Favs: Complete archives of a user's favourites.
The individual file names themselves are the page titles, set bu the uploader. .​
If you can think of a better way to present the archives more clearly I'm all ears.​
I missed uploading one file, the listing that contains all the original page urls because its marked as a hidden file. I'm going to try including that, maybe it will reduce the confusion. Im worried no-one will know that they are looking at or how to read it because it's an artifact of the archive script that does the downloading :confused: Its the file called .dagr_downloaded_pages in each folder.​
Perhaps I should have outlined the folder naming scheme at the start; but as you say this is a work in progress.​
My DA user is ultimatefemreferance
That typo in the username still bugs me to this day, but not enough to get core to change it lol​

I the idea was to upload all the users/artists seperately, each with up to four sub-folders:
  • Albums: Folders that the artist has created.
  • Galleries: Complete archives of an artist's works
  • Collections: Folders of favorites by a user
  • Favs: Complete archives of a user's favourites.
The individual file names themselves are the page titles, set bu the uploader. .
Thanks Phill, that seems reasonable.
If you can think of a better way to present the archives more clearly I'm all ears.
Maybe you could post a brief note with each link?
Perhaps I should have outlined the folder naming scheme at the start; but as you say this is a work in progress.
Understood.
Thanks - nice collections. :)

Maybe you could post a brief note with each link?

It looks like a standard folder to me, IPFS is generating the index page currently, I'd need to entirely replace that with a custom index page. :confused:
ipfs-contents.PNG

If it needs to be done from scratch, theres some features it'd be nice to have like a search box. But that might be a seperate project

It looks like a standard folder to me, IPFS is generating the index page currently, I'd need to entirely replace that with a custom index page. :confused:

If it needs to be done from scratch, theres some features it'd be nice to have like a search box. But that might be a seperate project
I mean, just post a brief note here on Cruxforums, followed by the link, e.g. -

This link takes you to zfx's 'faves' collection, entitled 'Crux'. The folder contains work by SkatingJesus, Noone, Ramon Martinez and Bobnearled -
zfx1849/collections/crux

;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom