The Agony Component.

Go to CruxDreams.com

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
A question that many, by which I mean "I," have pondered is whether the essentially static display of crucifixion would offer the kind of arena entertainment that the typical depraved and degraded Roman mob would expect demand.

I believe the Damian promo pics below, featuring kinda/sorta crucifixions and an array of atrocious tortures, offer a plausible scenario. :eeek::eek::very_hot:

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Some more promos, three of Damian’s post-nail-embargo manips.

#1 is, like the slave punishment above, not an execution. In this case, it’s a group hardy hired swords having a bit of well deserved R&R. In the end the ladies will be worse for wear, but not a lunch buffet for carrion feeders. But #2 and especially #3 are clearly meant to be executions, and the absence of nails is keenly felt.

By me, anyway. :(

In any case, floor is open to comments along the lines of "Quit yer bitchin', will ya?! Jeez!" :rolleyes:

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Didn’t the Romans crucify Jewish rebels in unusual positions during the siege of Jerusalem? Maybe they too were worried by the entertainment factor....
So the soldiers, out of the wrath and hatred they bore the Jews, nailed those they caught, one after one way, and another after another, to the crosses, by way of jest, when their multitude was so great, that room was wanting for the crosses, and crosses wanting for the bodies.

https://pages.uncc.edu/james-tabor/...a-scrolls/josephus-references-to-crucifixion/

(Scroll down to Chapter 11.)

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
These Renderotica ads for Poser products fit rather nicely on this thread. :rolleyes::very_hot:

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
GabrieleKnight's death-in-the-arena manips have appeared elsewhere on CF and Foundation, and it should be evident to all that he’s really good at pain. :eeek::eek::very_hot:

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
As one can see behind this link, a minority of Gabriele's work involves crucifixion, as the Romans employed a wide variety of appallingly vile, degrading and agonizing ways to kill people for fun.

https://pimpandhost.com/album/4000550

I personally prefer crucifixion, and in these examples the viewer will note the renowned Amy Hesketh is the star of #3. And I have a problem with #4; I consider the combination of BATS and crucifixion to be a bit of overkill. But I am widely known to be a wuss. :rolleyes:

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
View attachment 656790

The girl made to watch and hold the Wheel while she waits her turn
seems almost disinterested, a look of hopeless resignation?
Disbelief, it can't really be happening?
Or even fascination?
She’s embracing the screaming, spread-eagled girl's leg. Impulse, or an intimate connection?

Attachments

Barbaria1

Rebel Leader
Staff member
View attachment 656790

The girl made to watch and hold the Wheel while she waits her turn
seems almost disinterested, a look of hopeless resignation?
Disbelief, it can't really be happening?
Or even fascination?
Seems to me the one lying on her back has the most to worry about ...

Top Bottom