Go to CruxDreams.com

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Four more of Signor Patri's examples of why the Romans didn’t have an Eighth Amendment. Because if they did noontime executions in the arena would be no fun at all. :rolleyes:

Note that in #4 the gentleman wields an implement having nothing to do with barbecue.

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
From around 2010, Jedakk's prototypes for Sabina in "The Serpent’s Eye."

Whoa. :very_hot:

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Another blast from the 2010 past, Margot posted these on the Foundation back then, and I completely forgot about them until about ten minutes ago. :rolleyes:

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
While we’re waiting, Jedakk's preliminary renders of Sabina lowering herself onto her cornu. :eek::very_hot:

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Crucify ‘em all, and let Jesus sort them out.
YES!

My initial intention was to post, well, this. I knew Jedakk had done a number of pre-Serpent's Eye mass crucifixions, but it took longer than I thought to find one.

Well I did, one in which Jesus has sorted 'em out, and most of them are dudes. Make of this what you will. :rolleyes:

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
These are a few other mass crux scenes, preliminary concepts of what eventually became "The Serpent's Eye."

Attachments

mp5stab

COMIX CARNIFIXA
One of the things that I liked most about Jeddak’s work was his ability to convey agony through posing. Even the best 3d artists often struggled with producing realistic “writhing” and often had models that looked downright static on their crosses, but Jeddak had a nack for dynamism that really seemed effortless at times. It was like you had caught a freeze frame of the peak of a moment. His almost slavish dedication to realism in both verisimilitude and historical detail really brought him a step above. The Serpent’s Eye, a single crucifixion sequence really, is so carefully made that it’s damn near impossible to top.

(I do snotty art critic well, don’t I?)

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
One of the things that I liked most about Jeddak’s work was his ability to convey agony through posing. Even the best 3d artists often struggled with producing realistic “writhing” and often had models that looked downright static on their crosses, but Jeddak had a nack for dynamism that really seemed effortless at times. It was like you had caught a freeze frame of the peak of a moment. His almost slavish dedication to realism in both verisimilitude and historical detail really brought him a step above. The Serpent’s Eye, a single crucifixion sequence really, is so carefully made that it’s damn near impossible to top.

(I do snotty art critic well, don’t I?)
Outstanding. ;)

Interesting you use the term freeze frame, Em. Back in 2010 Jedakk was planning on a new Sabina animation, but ultimately gave up on it. The renders below were to be frames from that movie, showing Sabina gingerly lowering her butt onto the cornu.

The rest of the account may be found here—

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/sabina-3-0.955/post-11238

Attachments

Apostate

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
A golden cornu? Isn't she special!
When I first read that the thought "Wait, what?" sprang unbidden to mind. Jastrow had a memorable story illustration involving a golden cornu inflicted by Nero, but that’s never been Jedakk's stock in trade. Upon closer examination we see the cornu is merely a piece of whittled wood.

Not that it doesn’t hurt like hell. Rather the reverse. :eek:

Attachments

Top Bottom