The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com

Certainly!!!
Take another little piece of my heart...

'The Three Stooges' and 'Spanky and Our Gang' were some of the first interracial TV shows and today they are considered as exploitive of blacks... When they came out they were considered by many a comingling blacks and whites...

The prism turns in the light of day...

T

Take another little piece of my heart...

'The Three Stooges' and 'Spanky and Our Gang' were some of the first interracial TV shows and today they are considered as exploitive of blacks... When they came out they were considered by many a comingling blacks and whites...

The prism turns in the light of day...

T

Yes but the image of blacks they presented was stereotypical and demeaning

Yes but the image of blacks they presented was stereotypical and demeaning
In 2017 perhaps. When these were filmed blacks couldn't drink at the same water fountain my parents (and later I) drank at yet they got paid speaking rolls in film.

Frank Sinatra took a ton of crap for keeping Sammy Davis Jr. in the Rat Pack. Sammy would recount how he was the first black man to sleep in many of the hotels he slept in and even more restaurants he ate in because frank would tell them 'Sammy is with me. He comes with me or I go.'

Sammy never regretted being in the Rat Pack but revisionists want to make him a victim. The image you see is only one facet of the prism...

It is around 8:30 AM Tree Daylight Time. In the past 32 1/2 hours we have received over 5 1/2 inches of rain and it is to rain all day today. I don't know how many roads are closed- naturally the state highway department's web site is down (but they are working on it)- but I will be going out later to find out. Once the rain stops most roads will reopen until Wednesday and that is when the real flooding starts and the center of the storm is south and west of the Tree house over the Meramec and Big River basins which converge just southeast of Eureka Missouri. Flood projections now are that Interstate 44 between Eureka and St. Louis will be flooded along with State Highways 141 (that goes under I-44) and 30 will also go under. So for me to get to the grocery store 8 miles away I would have to drive almost 50 miles southwest the double-back on the not flooded section of I-44.

I think Monday I will have a very expensive grocery trip.

On a more serious note the Coffee Shop's basement and subbasement along with the civet slave bard's bean processing pit are all expected to be flooded by Wednesday so the slaves are working 24 hours a day to insure an uninterrupted supply of coffee. It is tiring work for the overseers whipping them as they grind but it must be done. As a precaution, for the safety of the slaves they will be brought to high ground...
hill 100 crosses reload.jpg

It is around 8:30 AM Tree Daylight Time. In the past 32 1/2 hours we have received over 5 1/2 inches of rain and it is to rain all day today. I don't know how many roads are closed- naturally the state highway department's web site is down (but they are working on it)- but I will be going out later to find out. Once the rain stops most roads will reopen until Wednesday and that is when the real flooding starts and the center of the storm is south and west of the Tree house over the Meramec and Big River basins which converge just southeast of Eureka Missouri. Flood projections now are that Interstate 44 between Eureka and St. Louis will be flooded along with State Highways 141 (that goes under I-44) and 30 will also go under. So for me to get to the grocery store 8 miles away I would have to drive almost 50 miles southwest the double-back on the not flooded section of I-44.

I think Monday I will have a very expensive grocery trip.

On a more serious note the Coffee Shop's basement and subbasement along with the civet slave bard's bean processing pit are all expected to be flooded by Wednesday so the slaves are working 24 hours a day to insure an uninterrupted supply of coffee. It is tiring work for the overseers whipping them as they grind but it must be done. As a precaution, for the safety of the slaves they will be brought to high ground...
View attachment 492957
How very considerate of you!

As a precaution, for the safety of the slaves they will be brought to high ground...
How very considerate of you!
Really, all this cynicism. :( Would you rather drown? And look at those chains! They're gorgeous. If you were an office worker, that would be like being given Windows 10.:rolleyes::doh:
(Just make sure we get the coffee to higher ground as well, eh?) :cool:

Really, all this cynicism. :( Would you rather drown? And look at those chains! They're gorgeous. If you were an office worker, that would be like being given Windows 10.:rolleyes::doh:
(Just make sure we get the coffee to higher ground as well, eh?) :cool:
Cynicism yes. What else do you expect from your resident Rebel Leader :rolleyes:

Dunno. I've had it a few times-can't honestly say I found it "The world's strongest coffee", but they won a contest and got themselves a free ad on the Super Bowl, so they are good at merchandising. :rolleyes:
...it is not as good as Eulalia's Premium Civet Slave Bard Roast!!!

MAY DAY!!! MAY DAY!!! MAY DAY!!! - I just had to do that...

Speaking of Eul, due to rising flood waters the coffee shop in Pacific Missouri is closed until the waters recede. The Crux Forums coffee shop will remain open online. The last of the slaves staff is being transferred to the Tree estate. That's Eul now...
perp arrest 016.jpg
There is great news though. Under license with the coffee shop the Tree Estate has added civet pits where guests can get away from their harried daily work life not bothered by projects that need to be done 'yesterday', endless e-mails (don't you hate those idiots that 'reply to all'), and after-hours text messages. Due to road closures from the floods there have been several cancellations so instead of Eul and Barb and others having to spend a week on the Hill of One Hundred Crosses crucified in this somewhat inclement weather we are having, they will be indoors enjoying processing coffee beans...
cage 176.jpg

Also due to road closures Tree now needs to drive 45 miles to get Seagram's 7 or he will have to dig into his stock that was spiked during the Great Slave Rebellion of 2013. Those darn slave snuck in and did that while Barb knock CF off-line...

Back
Top Bottom