The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Well in good old Blighty, yet another Football season begins....(yet more suffering !!)
I can't help thinking that this club badge looks kinda familiar to crux affectionados ;) ;) Lol....!!

Attachments

• IMG_2128155510006.jpeg
    IMG_2128155510006.jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 34
Well in good old Blighty, yet another Football season begins....(yet more suffering !!)
I can't help thinking that this club badge looks kinda familiar to crux affectionados ;);) Lol....!!
I'm not really into sports,but my brother loves Notre Dame football.

and this is interesting reading....View attachment 612196
Interesting, and frequently recycled, but wrong.
Easter is a Germanic word - Middle English Ester, Eestour, from Old English ēastre, cognate with Old High German ōstarūn, and related to Ēostre, Ēastre, name of a goddess and her festival that was celebrated at the vernal equinox, from Proto-Germanic *Austrǭ, cognate with 'East', obviously associated with sunrise. Ishtar was an East Semitic goddess worshipped from the Bronze Age onward; Astarte (Greek: Ἀστάρτη, Astártē) is the Hellenized form of Astoreth, the Northwest Semitic form of Ishtar. There is no connection between the two.

Easter is a Germanic word - Middle English Ester, Eestour, from Old English ēastre, cognate with Old High German ōstarūn, and related to Ēostre, Ēastre, name of a goddess and her festival that was celebrated at the vernal equinox, from Proto-Germanic *Austrǭ, cognate with 'East', obviously associated with sunrise. Ishtar was an East Semitic goddess worshipped from the Bronze Age onward; Astarte (Greek: Ἀστάρτη, Astártē) is the Hellenized form of Astoreth, the Northwest Semitic form of Ishtar. There is no connection between the two.

CF is so educational. I learn something new here every day!

I debase myself at your feet @Eulalia. ;)

Back
Top Bottom