The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Seems the next episode of Dr. Who is "Witchfinders", which might be pertinent to some of our interests. No nudity, of course, but the trailer suggests peril and a possible ducking stool. Might be worth a look.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi52Zb22ubeAhVlk-AKHc4CBAwQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1047063/Doctor-who-season-11-episode-8-dr-who-s11e08-the-witchfinders-what-happen-alan-cumming&psig=AOvVaw1MX9svl0dB4UhP0cmK2Rr5&ust=1542931779237078

As I am fascinated by the Detectives Stan and Barb (an unbelievable dedicated couple), I searched for more background about them and their colleagues. I just found out how that old peeper Jack Davis became Detectiv. It was because of his untiring and devoted efforts to solve a complicated matter of a sexual nature while he was still on the beat.

Attachments

• Line-Up.mp4
    4.6 MB · Views: 32
Today I discovered that the german TV comedy classic "Dinner for one" has become a classic world wide - curiously enough without the USA and GB. Curious because its completly in english.
Written in the 1920th by Lauri Wylie, it was produced 1963 - at a time when only a few German spoke english - and since than has been broadcasted every year on New Year´s Eve. Now it is broadcasted regularly also in Swiss, Austria, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Faroe Islands, South Africa, Greenland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania Australia, Denmark und Luxembourg.
Although the sketch is most popular in non-English-speaking countries, it is typically shown in the original English without dubbing or subtitles. It is easy to understand with even a basic knowledge of English due to the general physical nature of the comedy. The performance remains practically unknown to the English-speaking world, and British people are surprised when encountering fans' ability to quote dialogue.
The line "Same procedure as every year" (in the original English) has become a very popular catchphrase in Germany. The phrase has entered everyday vocabulary, and is used in newspaper headlines and advertisements.
So that our unrefined friends in the English-speaking world are able to enrich themselves I post a link to youtube and Wikipedia. Enjoy :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One

Now the festive season approaches, some of you may be wondering why there is a fairy on top of the Christmas tree. Well, here is the answer -
A long time ago Father Christmas called all the fairies together and gave them a Christmas tree. He told them they were to go out into the world and leave their tree in all the homes. So, off they went, but as with any organization there is always one. All the fairies came back empty handed as except for one who was still holding her Christmas tree in her hand.
"Why didn't you leave it in a home as I told you to," said Father Christmas.
"Well," replied the fairy, "I didn't know where to put it."
So Father Christmas told her - and that's why there'e a fairy on top of the Christmas tree.

sexy.gif

Recovering in bed right now. I don't know exactly what happened but I couldn't eat nor drink for 3 days straight. Take care of your physical as well as mental health folks.

If any of you needs help, my mother is a health worker and I have basic knowledge of medicine and psychiatry. Don't worry I'm ok. It just crossed my mind that there is a chance some of us have no one to talk to, with our odd kinks and all.

Recovering in bed right now. I don't know exactly what happened but I couldn't eat nor drink for 3 days straight. Take care of your physical as well as mental health folks.

If any of you needs help, my mother is a health worker and I have basic knowledge of medicine and psychiatry. Don't worry I'm ok. It just crossed my mind that there is a chance some of us have no one to talk to, with our odd kinks and all.

It is always good to know that we can be of help in your recovery. My best to you and your mother for her help in your recovery :)

Today I discovered that the german TV comedy classic "Dinner for one" has become a classic world wide - curiously enough without the USA and GB. Curious because its completly in english.
Written in the 1920th by Lauri Wylie, it was produced 1963 - at a time when only a few German spoke english - and since than has been broadcasted every year on New Year´s Eve. Now it is broadcasted regularly also in Swiss, Austria, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Faroe Islands, South Africa, Greenland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania Australia, Denmark und Luxembourg.
Although the sketch is most popular in non-English-speaking countries, it is typically shown in the original English without dubbing or subtitles. It is easy to understand with even a basic knowledge of English due to the general physical nature of the comedy. The performance remains practically unknown to the English-speaking world, and British people are surprised when encountering fans' ability to quote dialogue.
The line "Same procedure as every year" (in the original English) has become a very popular catchphrase in Germany. The phrase has entered everyday vocabulary, and is used in newspaper headlines and advertisements.
So that our unrefined friends in the English-speaking world are able to enrich themselves I post a link to youtube and Wikipedia. Enjoy :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One

Thank you for that connoisseurs, I have no idea why it is not a classic in UK, I've never seen it before.

The accent of Mr Winterbotham was very good, the actor must have knowledge of the north of England. We have several surnames ending '...bottom' and they are usually spelt this way.

Thank you for that connoisseurs, I have no idea why it is not a classic in UK, I've never seen it before.

The accent of Mr Winterbotham was very good, the actor must have knowledge of the north of England. We have several surnames ending '...bottom' and they are usually spelt this way.
It has been shown at the Scottish Comedy Film Festival „Scoff“ in Campbeltown last Friday for the first time in GB.
Btw - 1988 it has been in the Guinness Book of Records as the TV-Production with the most reps in the world.

I'll have a steak please, I like it rare, and a cup of your best civet-slave ground coffee, while I ponder with the other customers this handbill from the 1920's (best guess):

46820708_2252546974757800_6886880768082051072_n.jpg

Why was American meat included with other inferior meat?

Did American citizens think their meat inferior at that time (I would imagine not!)

Was American meat shipped to Britain during WW1 shortages under suboptimal conditions, perhaps poorly chilled for the journey, or frozen then allowed to thaw at the wrong temperatures, so the British were not eating it at it's best, and the reputation continued?

BTW, Whitelocks is still a going concern, very popular:

w1.jpgw2.jpgw3.jpgw4.jpg

I'll have a steak please, I like it rare, and a cup of your best civet-slave ground coffee, while I ponder with the other customers this handbill from the 1920's (best guess):

View attachment 648803

Why was American meat included with other inferior meat?

Did American citizens think their meat inferior at that time (I would imagine not!)

Was American meat shipped to Britain during WW1 shortages under suboptimal conditions, perhaps poorly chilled for the journey, or frozen then allowed to thaw at the wrong temperatures, so the British were not eating it at it's best, and the reputation continued?

BTW, Whitelocks is still a going concern, very popular:

View attachment 648804View attachment 648805View attachment 648806View attachment 648807
I don't know. I lived in France at the time of the Mad Cow outbreak in Britain, and the butcher shops there all advertised "only French beef". I'm a big advocate of buying local wherever possible.

Back
Top Bottom