The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Has to be a hoax ... fake news .. no one could screw up that badly.
Nope ... it’s real ... just saw it on BBC News ... well, it is the country that gave us Brexit, isn’t it?
Responsible is a German leasing and charter company that performed the flight in mandate for BA. The typical American (a bit confused, always looking for conspiracies) could make a great story about the Brexit on this.

British Airways flight mistakenly lands in Scotland instead of Germany

London (CNN) — Passengers on a British Airways flight from London's City Airport to Dusseldorf in Germany were met with a surprise Monday morning when their plane touched down -- in the Scottish capital, Edinburgh.

There are so many great comments available, I'm left speechless. I'll try to come back in a little while and comment.

In the meantime, do any of our UK (or Scotland) or German viewers have anything to add?
Planes landing at the wrong airport happens shockingly frequently http://www.thirdamendment.com/WrongWay.pdf Most are landings at a military airstrip near the civilian one. But here, Edinburgh and Dusseldorf are almost totally opposite directions from London, so how this happened is a real puzzler.

As for Cynthia, I will try hard not to respond as I was told if you can't say something nice, don't say anything, but the comment is totally out of bounds here. And Tree liking it, while not unexpected, is disappointing since he is supposed to be opposed to politics on the threads (not to re-litigate old battles;)).

Last edited:
Planes landing at the wrong airport happens shockingly frequently http://www.thirdamendment.com/WrongWay.pdf Most are landings at a military airstrip near the civilian one. Buy here, Edinburgh and Dusseldorf are almost totally opposite directions from London, so how this happened is a real puzzler.

As for Cynthia, I will try hard not to respond as I was told if you can't say something nice, don't say anything, but the comment is totally out of bounds here. And Tree liking it, while not unexpected, is disappointing since he is supposed to be opposed to politics on the threads (not to re-litigate old battles;)).
Everyone is entitled to go off the path every now and then. Do 'enjoy' my recent PM post...

British Airways flight mistakenly lands in Scotland instead of Germany

London (CNN) — Passengers on a British Airways flight from London's City Airport to Dusseldorf in Germany were met with a surprise Monday morning when their plane touched down -- in the Scottish capital, Edinburgh.

There are so many great comments available, I'm left speechless. I'll try to come back in a little while and comment.

In the meantime, do any of our UK (or Scotland) or German viewers have anything to add?
It has a long tradition to fly in wrong direction directly to Scotland. I remind me on this case:

1553540470992.jpeg One of the member of this challenge fly also to Scotland and not to Paris.

Cynthia, I have for long minutes considered if and how I should respond to your post. I don´t want to open Pandora´s box. Just let me say that as much as I know the refugees problems are the least of all cause of the brexit discussions. First, the British have a lot more problems with there colonial heritage, second they are a long way distant from the endangered borders.
In reality it is about money. The United Kingdom - like Germany - is one of a few donor countries, who pay more to the EU than they get back in form of direct subsidies. It is very easy to overlook that the society and the economy as a whole gets back very much more than that. In the end both UK and Germany make very good money with the EU.
As far as foreigner are seen as a threat, brought about the EU, in the UK that would be the Sinti and Roma, mostly with Romanian and Bulgarian citizenship.
As both those nations are by now part of the EU, Sinti and Roma are free to live and work whereever they want. Lets just say that many people believe that Irish hobo are a nice folk in comparision.
The news we get here is that Europe is being over run by muslims and middle eastern "refugees, Mostly young single men (jihadi's) You have a muslim mayor in London don't you. ? We have a couple muslim congresswomen who got sworn in on the Koran and wear head gear. They are already making trouble trying to pass anti American, anti Christian laws and banning guns. It wont work. You know what happened when the British tried that. We are the last country in the world that would give up our freedom to anyone.

The news we get here is that Europe is being over run by muslims and middle eastern "refugees, Mostly young single men (jihadi's) You have a muslim mayor in London don't you. ? We have a couple muslim congresswomen who got sworn in on the Koran and wear head gear. They are already making trouble trying to pass anti American, anti Christian laws and banning guns. It wont work. You know what happened when the British tried that. We are the last country in the world that would give up our freedom to anyone.

This discussion belongs in a PM thread. Let’s get back on topic here, please.

so how this happened is a real puzzler.
The explanation seems to be that the same plane had flown from LondonCity to Edinburgh the previous two days,
and the pilot was accidentally given the flight plan for that trip instead of the Dusseldorf one.

It has a long tradition to fly in wrong direction directly to Scotland. I remind me on this case:

View attachment 686500 One of the member of this challenge fly also to Scotland and not to Paris.
Indeed, if all else fails, fly to Scotland!

1553545636560.png 1553545717977.png

Flight plan? But who is flying the plane, after all?:confundio1:
Does no one in the cockpit notice?:attention:
The explanation seems to be that the same plane had flown from LondonCity to Edinburgh the previous two days,
and the pilot was accidentally given the flight plan for that trip instead of the Dusseldorf one.
Yeah, I have a hard time understanding this. Surely, the compass headings to Edinburgh would show the plane flying more or less due north, while Dusseldorf is more or less due east...

I think the point was that those in the cockpit (probably just pilot and co-pilot?)
thought they were meant to be flying to Edinburgh - that's what their instructions said.

Back
Top Bottom