The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Good Advice from a novelist 73 years ago.

“What’s natural is the microbe. All the rest — health, integrity, purity (if you like) — is a product of the human will, of a vigilance that must never falter. The good man, the man who infects hardly anyone, is the man who has the fewest lapses of attention.” – Albert Camus, “The Plague”

University closed, sporting events and other gatherings cancelled, school closing decisions imminent
"Social Distancing - Stay home and chat on CF!"

Or read The Plague a great novel and read, it will scare you (you might need that), and uplift you!

HOW IS EVERYONE,THESE DAYS ??
So far,so good,in my case.....
All quiet on the western front!:roto2cafe:
On the job, we are adviced to stay at home whenever we can. So I take the train and got to work. Both trains and job run nearly empty, so it seems the safest place to be!:roto2nuse:
Feel mildly fluish, occasionally, :ambulance:but that's since I got vaccinated against flu last autumn.:confused: Nothing to keep me in bed or from work or from CF. Let's hope it stays like that.:sleep3:

A number of cases in town, university, schools & sports shut down. Decision to shut down schools till April 24 made just today. Bracing for impact, generally.
Thanks for asking, Malins. Very considerate. Like Praefectus Praetorio, I'm over 70 so I'm in the bullseye. Doing OK so far.

Here's an article I thought was great in explaining why washing hands with soap is SO important
. The most telling quote: "Because the virus is a self-assembled nanoparticle in which the weakest link is the lipid (fatty) bilayer, soap dissolves the fat membrane and the virus falls apart like a house of cards and dies."

Here's the link: https://www.theguardian.com/comment...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1584007982

Like @Praefectus Praetorio, I'm over 70 so I'm in the bullseye. Doing OK so far.
According to this table compiled from Italy the age effect is truly astounding ES_e2gzWsAIMh3r.png

Here's an article I thought was great in explaining why washing hands with soap is SO important. The most telling quote: "Because the virus is a self-assembled nanoparticle in which the weakest link is the lipid (fatty) bilayer, soap dissolves the fat membrane and the virus falls apart like a house of cards and dies."
And any old soap will do just fine.

I figure I have to avoid death for at least two weeks to finish and post the last of Singapore II; otherwise my readers may come and crucify me. Literally!
I'm confused, if you die before you finish the story, then they will crucify you? But you'll be dead so it won't matter...

No cases yet in the Northern Forest (squirrel pox is a bigger threat to a lot of the inhabitants)
and no signs of panic in the human population. Gatherings of 500 or more are stopped in Scotland,
since the Wickerman Festival stopped a couple of years ago,
I doubt there's been a gathering in my corner of the country of much more than 50!

Back
Top Bottom