The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
I wanted to tell you people that you make me laugh everyday and forget about all the stuff going on in the world.
Laughter is,after all, the best medicine.

Here's a fitting number for the discussion :)

And some interesting trivia:
Donald O’Connor did, in fact, find himself in the hospital after his inexplicably tiring routine for “Make ‘Em Laugh”, a scene in which he singlehandedly heralded breakdancing and threw himself around the room like the stuffed puppet by his side. He was hospitalised, though, because he smoked four packs of cigarettes a day, and by the time shooting for that scene ended, his lungs had given up. Still, he was the consummate professional; by watching him on screen, flailing about and running up walls, always with his cheeky smile carrying his steel blue eyes, you’d have no idea his health was so poor.

O'Connor said he was forced to go to the hospital during the production of Singin' in the Rain due to injuries and exhaustion. "The scene was building to such a crescendo, I thought I'd actually have to kill myself," said O'Connor.

To speak of "Singin' in the Rain", by the way, I'll have to add another rambling thoughts of mine that no one asked.

I'm a bit of a fan of the classic film musicals from what was called "the Golden Era" of Hollywood. Unlike the case with music, I don't believe that there was a time when everything was better than nowadays when it comes to cinema. However, I think there is one exception in that category, the art of which we once lost and have never recovered since, and that is the film musicals.

The great era of film musicals had ended sometime in the 1950s, due to the change of people's interests and the demise of the 'studio system'. "Singin' in the Rain" came at the end of the era, and for the most part, is was a compilation of some of the great songs from the earlier period, and also an autobiographical story of those former Vaudevillians who had led the golden era of the film musicals.

Even the title song of the film wasn't original but an adaptation of a popular number featured in various previous titles:

And also was the case of most other numbers from the film, like "Good Morning":

As such, I regard "Singin' in the Rain" to be a great parting gift from those who had contributed to make the greatest period of film musicals, and become nostalgic whenever I watch it.

Last edited:
You know, the authorities should probably be more specific on what kind of mask is appropriate when going outside or to work these days...

1585766601868.png 1585766620231.png 1585766633202.png 1585766646353.png 1585766659605.png 1585766758072.png 1585766717969.png

Some pet owners might also benefit from such knowledge.

1585766798695.png

And let me warn all of you not to copy my mistake! Early on they told us that to be safe from the virus you should wear just a mask... Yeah, right... Everyone else wore clothes as well!

You know, the authorities should probably be more specific on what kind of mask is appropriate when going outside or to work these days...

View attachment 842949 View attachment 842950 View attachment 842951 View attachment 842952 View attachment 842953 View attachment 842955 View attachment 842954

Some pet owners might also benefit from such knowledge.

View attachment 842956

And let me warn all of you not to copy my mistake! Early on they told us that to be safe from the virus you should wear just a mask... Yeah, right... Everyone else wore clothes as well!
Love picture #7.

Back
Top Bottom