The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Talking about 'looking down'. When one is hanging on a cross one tends to spend a lot of time looking down and contemplating on the more important things of life and its mysteries. So, can someone please explain why the fluff in ones navel is always a different colour to the clothes one has been wearing?

View attachment 568291
You know, I did not expect this post to go in quite that direction. :D

It is slow here today... It must be an Irish holiday or something!

Something for you to ponder on Tree. Might it be a new sport in Cruxton?
If you would like to fly out to wonderful fun filled Las Vegas, Nevada for the hunt of a lifetime now is your chance. You can actually hunt one of our Bambi babes and shoot her with paintballs while we film the whole thing and tape it for your own home video.
We will send you a complete list of wall hangers to choose from once your reservation is confirmed for your hunt. With over 30 women ready to be chased down and shot like dogs we guarantee a wide variety of Bambi's to choose from. Whether it is the girl next door or a perfect 10 we have an abundance of these beauties. So if you are the ultimate sportsman and are seeking the ultimate adrenaline rush then come out to our ranch and shoot one of these trophies. Then take home the video of her mounted on the wall for all your friends to see. This is the gift for the person who thought he had it all.

east001.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
And plenty of Roman coins etc. have turned up to confirm there was trade, probably 'Roman' settlers, on the Irish side of the sea.
Palladius in the 430s was ministering to an established Christian community, Patrick wasn't the first to bring the faith.

And plenty of Roman coins etc. have turned up to confirm there was trade, probably 'Roman' settlers, on the Irish side of the sea.
Palladius in the 430s was ministering to an established Christian community, Patrick wasn't the first to bring the faith.
Roman coins have been found as far as China, as Professor Donnelly (a good Irish name) noted in "Bronx Crux". None made it over here, I don't think, though I may have some lire from a long-ago trip to Italy...

Oh yes, it's a lot further along the Silk Roads than across the Irish Sea. There was an empire or two in the way, and some pretty scary tribes that wanted their cut of any trade that was going on. Still, silk and spices were prestige goods at the Roman end. Not sure what the Romans ever did for China, but their coins would have been curiosities.

Oh yes, it's a lot further along the Silk Roads than across the Irish Sea. There was an empire or two in the way, and some pretty scary tribes that wanted their cut of any trade that was going on. Still, silk and spices were prestige goods at the Roman end. Not sure what the Romans ever did for China, but their coins would have been curiosities.
...and perhaps a slave-barb civet...

Looks like the Chinese were fond of, and impressed by, Roman glassware.

The “History of the Later Han Dynasty” reports the customs of Da Qin, or “Greater China,” a distant realm near the western ends of the earth. Its inhabitants were tall and shaved their heads, wore embroidered clothes, and planted silkworm mulberry trees. Their ruler occupied five palaces whose columns were made of crystal glass.​

--Walter Scheidel, Rome and China: Comparative Perspectives on Ancient World Empires (2009), p. 3.

It has been a busy day for some of us at CF.

There were a few members that I feel dragged criticism of posts from other sites. I would hope everyone likes what I post but know not everyone will. I'm OK with with that. I don't like everyone's post either but I know others might like what I don't. My point is if you have a problem with someone start in personal mail then go to a moderator. Let's not piss on other's shoes on the main site.

Good night, Friends

Tree

Back
Top Bottom