The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Reading educates. I have learned a lot here on CF but now I found an interesting blog about the nordic culture:

"...because tomorrow is Midsummer's Eve. Midsummer's Eve. Here in Finland it means that you should be: At your summer cottage, drunk, warming your sauna, more drunk, going into hot sauna and into the cold lake, even more drunk, eating the sausage you burned in your grill, even more more drunk, going into sauna again, starting to seriously drink in order to get drunk, etc. Add some serious arguing with your best friend, getting best friends forever with your friend again. Only in case you want to face to hangover the following day do not go to the lake with your rowing boat.

If you are unlucky and stay alive you'll face the worst hangover ever the following Saturday and by the evening you agree with your friend that the rainy and cold Midsummer's Eve was the best one ever. Probably, as you remember only bits and pieces. So, Happy Midsummer's Eve to everybody!"

This Midsummer-thing seems to be right Mr. Tree´s alley :) But I wish all of you a nice Midsummer Eve tomorow!

Reading educates. I have learned a lot here on CF but now I found an interesting blog about the nordic culture:

"...because tomorrow is Midsummer's Eve. Midsummer's Eve. Here in Finland it means that you should be: At your summer cottage, drunk, warming your sauna, more drunk, going into hot sauna and into the cold lake, even more drunk, eating the sausage you burned in your grill, even more more drunk, going into sauna again, starting to seriously drink in order to get drunk, etc. Add some serious arguing with your best friend, getting best friends forever with your friend again. Only in case you want to face to hangover the following day do not go to the lake with your rowing boat.

If you are unlucky and stay alive you'll face the worst hangover ever the following Saturday and by the evening you agree with your friend that the rainy and cold Midsummer's Eve was the best one ever. Probably, as you remember only bits and pieces. So, Happy Midsummer's Eve to everybody!"

This Midsummer-thing seems to be right Mr. Tree´s alley :) But I wish all of you a nice Midsummer Eve tomorow!
Tree is suppose to have rainy but warm Midsummer's Eve... But thanks for thinking of me!

Tree is suppose to have rainy but warm Midsummer's Eve... But thanks for thinking of me!
I was fortunate enough to be staying with a Latvian family in Riga about 20 years ago on midsummer. They called it Ligo. We drove that afternoon to their cousin's cabin at Ainaži, near the Estonian border and on the seashore. On the way we stopped and gathered wildflowers as a traditional git to the host. We got there, eat, drank, eat, drank, danced, drank, used the outhouse, drank, threw up, drank more. It got almost dark at midnight when we went to the town center and danced to a local rock band. Back to an abandoned Stalinist apartment complex to pass out
One of the great days of my life!

Back
Top Bottom