The Contract

Go to CruxDreams.com
Oh Lord :rolleyes:

If I've told Siss & Barb once, I've told them a dozen times, don't go jetting off to strange places :doh:

Look what happened to them the last time! (Bazaar) :doh:

And I keep telling Barb...

KEEP AWAY FROM THE JAPANESE!!!:eek:

But...do they listen to a word I say? Do they heck :doh:

And thank God they don't :) "Barb's adventures in Walmart" just lacks that certain frisson, wouldn't you agree?

I've already hit 'Watch thread', this one is gonna be just grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! :D

Crux Chronicle header.jpg

Sunday December 7th 2014

ALWAYS READ THE SMALL PRINT (Even if it is in Japanese)

Japanese contract jpeg.jpg

By Rupert Wragg

Reports have been coming in to the Crux Chronicle desk of a new a sinister scam arising from Tokyo. Details are currently sketchy but the CC has dispatched a man to investigate the apparent disappearance of a singer, Barbara Moore and an actress, Kate Little. They were both last seen boarding Japan Air Lines planes at JFK, but neither their agents nor their families have heard from them in over a week.

The Chronicle’s chief expert on contract law, Mr R. Rodent, commented, “this could be a resurgence of the old English - Jap contract scam. Budding performers, who are prone to allow their hopes of career greatness to triumph over simple common sense, are given a contract written in both Japanese and English. The English contract looks fair enough, so they just assume that the Japanese contract says the same thing.

“Which it invariably doesn’t, and the poor girls end up completely in the power of their new Japanese owner.”

The Crux Chronicle understands that the Japanese have been aching to get their hand on Moore and Little ever since 1942. Something about a misunderstanding over a Japanese general and an aeroplane.

As soon as we have further news, you will be first to hear. Watch this space!

View attachment 172860

Sunday December 7th 2014

ALWAYS READ THE SMALL PRINT (Even if it is in Japanese)

View attachment 172861

By Rupert Wragg

Reports have been coming in to the Crux Chronicle desk of a new a sinister scam arising from Tokyo. Details are currently sketchy but the CC has dispatched a man to investigate the apparent disappearance of a singer, Barbara Moore and an actress, Kate Little. They were both last seen boarding Japan Air Lines planes at JFK, but neither their agents nor their families have heard from them in over a week.

The Chronicle’s chief expert on contract law, Mr R. Rodent, commented, “this could be a resurgence of the old English - Jap contract scam. Budding performers, who are prone to allow their hopes of career greatness to triumph over simple common sense, are given a contract written in both Japanese and English. The English contract looks fair enough, so they just assume that the Japanese contract says the same thing.

“Which it invariably doesn’t, and the poor girls end up completely in the power of their new Japanese owner.”

The Crux Chronicle understands that the Japanese have been aching to get their hand on Moore and Little ever since 1942. Something about a misunderstanding over a Japanese general and an aeroplane.

As soon as we have further news, you will be first to hear. Watch this space!

Written on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor...they are not going to like this in Tokyo.

Ooops...just came in, a certain R. Wragg is now persona non grata in the land of the rising sun.

Tree often worries about his missing copies of the Crux Chronicle until he realized Wragg is a less than reliable publisher...:D

Tree
View attachment 172933 No, it's just that squirrel, who is your paperboy, tosses them under the tree house deck.

Either that or he helpfully bins every copy that is less than complimentary to Mr Tree :doh:

You know what these journalists can be like :rolleyes:

Did you get the headline

AND WHAT DID BARBARIA EVER DO TO TREE?

Or

ULRIKA EXCLUSIVE: MY LIFE WITH THE HANGING TREE

Or

JOAN SPILLS THE BEANS

Or even

THE DAY GUNNER GOT A HIGHER MATH GRADE THAN TREE

No? :eek:

QED :D

Either that or he helpfully bins every copy that is less than complimentary to Mr Tree :doh:

You know what these journalists can be like :rolleyes:

Did you get the headline

AND WHAT DID BARBARIA EVER DO TO TREE?

Or

ULRIKA EXCLUSIVE: MY LIFE WITH THE HANGING TREE

Or

JOAN SPILLS THE BEANS

Or even

THE DAY GUNNER GOT A HIGHER MATH GRADE THAN TREE

No? :eek:

QED :D

Giggle snort on all of the above...:D

"Gomen nasai, Miss Moore," her driver volunteered with faux courtesy as his eyes crawled up and down Barb's body. "So sorry. Mr. Kurosawa-san is dai-ichi boss in Japan. You'll see."

Back
Top Bottom