The Crucifixion Investigation

Go to CruxDreams.com

william23

Magistrate
The Crucifixion Investigation

Clavius looked out of his window at the dark eerie sky. The sun was obscured and darkness had fallen across the land only mid way through the afternoon. He could hear the shrieks of the terrified people as they ran in panic as if the end of the world was about to happen. Clavius felt a hand on his shoulder, it was his mother Bethany.

"Strange," said his mother in a calm voice.

"So peacefull and in a way beautiful," she continued.

"I know," responded Clavius, "you can just make out the outline of the three crosses on Golgotha, looks like they are all dead, at least we shouldn't have to put up with the terrible screams anymore."

"Look," spoke his mother, "the sun is starting to shine again," and soon the room was bathed in the warm sunlight.

"Looks like they are removing the bodies, guess they don't want them rotting over the Sabbath," spoke Clavius.

Clavius returned to his pot making, he had to work quickly as the afternoon sun dried out the clay and this would form cracks before they could be fired. He was on his fourth pot when he noticed two groups comming down the hill. The leading group were pulling a rickerty old cart which bore the naked, bloody bodies of two crucified men. Behind them came a larger group with two strong men carrying the dead body of the so called Messiah. Clavius could see the holes in the hands and feet that were once filled with the iron nails securing him to the timber. He could see that the dead mans penis was still erect and stood proud above the light brown pubic hair. Following close behind were some women who were sobbing in their grief. The group passed the house and out towards the burial site. Clavius thought no more about the days events as he had to complete more pots, as the Sabbath was always a good time to sell more to the passing trade.

Two Weeks Later

Clavius was at home, resting in the hot afternoon sun, when his friend Pavius ran in.

"Have you heard the news Clavius," he panted, "the body of the one they call Christ has been stolen!"

"No way, why?" he spluttered.

"No one knows, but apparently the guards fell asleep and someone took the body. Pilate has had both the guards flogged as a punishment for not doing their duty and has instigated an entire search of the area. He has also threatened to crucify ten men and women for every day the body is missing."

"Fuck!" exclaimed Clavius, "better we join the search or we could end up nailed to a cross, let me grab some water jugs and I will join you."

To be continued............................

PILATE

Pilate paced around the room, his face red with anger and frustration.

"How can they let a body be stolen!" he bellowed, "we acted quickly to rid ourselves of the so called Messiah and he is taken from right in front of us. Now these Christians are saying that he has come back from the dead and ready to rule over his kingdom, find him, find the body!" Pilate sank into his chair and rested his head in his hands.

"Perhaps crucifying men and women in retaliation is not the way," responded his advisor. "We are searching all over the city and the land surrounding but there is still no sign, maybe he has actually,"

"Stop!" screamed Pilate, "don't even say it, when we nail men to the cross there is no escape, no escape, do you hear!"

"I understand Sire," replied the advisor, "is it your wish for the next group to be nailed up?"

"Yes, yes, get on with it, someone will talk very soon, you mark my words."

The advisor left and made his way back to the holding cells where the next ten unfortunates were being readied for there last journey to the cross. One by one they were completely stripped of all clothing and their arms roped to rough beams to await the procession to the execution hill. The ten were then herded out and into the busy street. As they passed along the dirty streets they were prodded and goaded by passersby. They all struggled to stay upright as the streets were cobbled and dug into the soles of their bare and weathered feet. They gripped the beams with their hands to stop the coarse rope from chaffing their bare arms on the wood. The route was winding and long so that all could see, and witness, the anguish of those about to die.

Pilate liked to oversee the crucifixions just in case any decided to speak out and tell where the body of the Nazarene king was hidden. He would stand over the twitching immobile body, as the spikes are driven, asking if they knew where the Nazarene had been taken. No one spoke, even as the iron penetrated the pale flesh, the cries were long and shrill but the outcome was still the same. Soon there were another ten bodies hanging naked in the hot afternoon sun, twisting and writhing on the cold iron securing them to their crosses. The victims were not allowed suffer too long and were dispatched within three hours in order to make way for the next batch to be nailed up.

Back in the city the enquiry went on and houses were searched and now and again men and women were detained, to face the cross, others hid in fear for their lives.

Clavius and Pavius were part of the search team that was combing the city. The order was to knock once and then enter, with force if required. They both hated the job but felt that all the time they were helping then they would be safe from any kind of retribution. They worked in groups of four and had so far turned up nothing. They approached the next door and knocked, there was no answer and so a hefty boot cracked open the door. As they entered they saw a family group huddled around a table, they had just finished a meal.

Clavius spoke, "does anyone know the whereabouts of the Nazarene?"

There was silence, "speak up, does anyone know where the body of the Nazarene is being hidden?"

One of the girls, about nineteen, began to whimper. Her older sister held her tight and stroked her long hair to calm her.

"I will ask one more time, where is the body?" his voice was growing more louder and sterner.

"Right, take them away, they will be in the next ten to be nailed up!" he snarled.

The women and girls began to wail, the mother and father tried to comfort their children but there was nothing they could do. The family was herded out and their hands tied behind their backs. After one final search of the property they were dragged down the street to the holding cells to await their impending crucifixions.

To be continued..........................

Pilate's Idea

The ten unfortunate beings huddled in the dark cell, they knew their ultimate fate and the sobs bore testament to that. All ten had their hands tied behind their backs to prevent premature death. In the corner a couple gazed into each others eyes with love, both had tears running down their cheeks as they kissed and nuzzled into each other in a final embrace. The girl laid on her back and offered herself to him in a last act of love making. The boy knelt down and licked the inner folds of her sex which sent shivers down her spine. She crossed her feet behind his back and gripped hard, pushing his face closer to her pulsating sex.

"Take me," her voice quivered, "take me just one last time my love."

Somehow he managed to place his engorged organ at her entrance and pushed gently into her. What followed next was a good ten to fifteen minutes of sensual lovemaking, they cared not as to who was watching. Soon all ten of them would be naked, for all to see, as they hung naked from the wooden crosses.

Back in his quarters Pilate paced up and down.

"It makes no difference how many we nail up!" he fumed, "they just become martrys when they die and the sect becomes stronger and stronger. No, we must have a different plan, something that will strike fear into all that pass."

Pilate sat and pondered and pondered and then as if in a flash of inspiration he sat bolt upright

"That's it," he cried, "why didn't I think of that before."

He summoned some soldiers to him and addressed them.

"I want ten crosses made up that can be easily taken down when required. They must all be fitted with an angled footrest and a piece of wood halfway down at the back, which will make it easier to remove and erect. To each cross we will need rope and two new nails and two soldiers assigned to each cross to remain there thru day and night. Now see to it that this is done. Oh and, before I forget, these must be erected just outside the main gate and in rows of five facing each other."

The soldiers hurried off to carry out their orders, there was a lot to do and all had to be ready for the next day.

To be continued..................................

Crucifixion Morning

The sun rose early and bright over the city, the men had been busy as Pilate had ordered. Just outside the main city gates ten crosses rose out of the ground, five on each side as had been ordained. Soldiers were busy setting out ropes and fresh nails at the base of each execution stake.
Meanwhile, below in the cells, the last ten prisoners were being made ready. All were naked, save a small to their knell strip of cloth held by a rope around their waist. This modest piece of cloth covered whatever dignity they had left to face their end. They were herded out of the cell door and up some stairs to the courtyard. The ten shuffled out into the bright sunlight and were surprised they were not burdened with heavy crossbeams. Instead they were prodded toward the main city gate passing traders on the way. When they arrived at the gate the younger ones fell to their knees and began crying hysterically. The accompanying soldiers dragged them back to their feet and pushed them towards the erected crosses. Each was placed at the base of a cross and thrown to the ground.
They looked at the entrance and there pacing out of the gate was Pilate.

"Right, last chance!" he boomed, "where is the body of the Nazarene? speak or you will end your long days fixed to these crosses."

"We are not afraid to die," retorted one of the elders, "we go to a far better place than you can ever imagine."

"Really," replied Pilate, "I doubt that, you see your deaths will be long and drawn out, I have no intention of letting any of you die quickly," he sneered.

"Take a good look at these crosses, see anything different?"

The group looked at their instruments of death, they had a footrest, which meant they would be able to sustain their body weight longer and would therefore not have to hang by their wrists. There were only two nails assigned to each cross but why? the answers came quick.

Pilate smiled, "only two nails and rope, I intend to rope your arms to the beam but your feet will be nailed to the foot rest. You will be able to support yourselves by the nails in the feet and the ropes around your arms. Don't worry, at the end of every day your crosses will be lowered and you will be fed and given water and your bodies covered from the chill of the night. At first light your crosses will be raised and your suffering will re-commence, we should get quite a few days out of you and trust me we will keep you alive for as long as it takes for us to recover the Nazarene body."

The order, for the crucifixions to start, was given and the soldiers started to lower the crosses. The extra wood, as ordered by Pilate at the back of the cross, enabled the soldiers to put a shoulder under and lift the cross out of the hole and lay the implement of death on the dusty ground. There were five males and five females and so Pilate suggested putting them opposite each other so as to arouse them in their torment. The group was separated and soon the near naked victims were being roped into place. The ropes were pulled tight around their elbows and wrists and they were totally imobilised. The soldiers pulled their legs down so that the soles of the feet rested on the angled wood to support them and used some rope to keep them in place. The new nails were placed between the bones of the toes and driven, without mercy, into the wood below. All, and there were no exceptions, thrashed and screamed in unbelievable agony and groaned as the crosses were raised and dropped heavily into the receiving holes. The holes were a perfect fit and needed only one shim of wood to fix them firmly. Finally the strips of cloth were removed from their hips and they were left, on show, for their misery.

To be continued.............................

The First Day

The ten naked crucified victims hung from their newly erected crosses writhing and twisting in their restraints. The ropes held firm and the wicked spikes, protruding from the swollen insteps, prevent them from falling off the torture apparatus. The males were sporting sizeable erections as they viewed the naked females opposite. The ropes, around the arms, helped hold the bodies upright and prevented them sagging. The shafts of the spikes in the feet were an added torment and constantly throbbed bringing back the realisation of their situation.
Pilate was not around at the start of the crucifixions but was now ready to inspect the group and address them. He stood in front of the gates and looked down the two lines of straining bodies and nodded.

"Good, good," he said, "nice job, this should have the desired effect."

He paced up to each individual cross and pinched a leg or thigh to get the attention of the crucified.

"Listen up and listen good, you will hang here until the whereabouts of the Nazarene body is revealed. It matters not as to who or how this information is given but it will happen. Until then moan and scream as much as you like, your pain means nothing to me but as the light fades we will lower the crosses and you will rest until the first light and then your torment will start all over again."

"Mercy, have mercy on us, we know nothing of the Nazarene, spare us this pain pleeeeese!" pleaded one of the skinny girls as she pushed on her spiked feet.

More moans from the others followed but Pilate just smiled as he viewed the line of twisting souls. People passed by, as this was the main gate from the city, and looked at the swaying figures. Crucifixion was common but it was unusual for it to be carried out this close to the city walls. There were two soldiers assigned to each cross which showed the importance of this. When a victim pleaded for water they were given it but this was the only mercy allowed. From time to time they would be forced to partake in a drink so as to prolong their suffering.

The line of victims continued their erotic dance on the cross intermingled with sobs and groans. Those that passed would sometimes lower their eyes and pass quietly whereas others would pause and torment the crucified with their insults and constant touching. The women paid close attention to the bobbing erect penises and the men were content in a quick squeeze of a breast or, if they were lucky, an insertion of a finger or two into the pulsating cunts. The soldiers kept a careful watch of the crowds in case any decided to dispatch a victim and release them from the never ending pain.

The groans were becoming less as the early evening sun was beginning to set and the soldiers were preparing to lower the crosses for the night.

To be continued....................................

The Night

Slowly the ten crosses were lifted out of the holes, this was accomplished by the two soldiers using their shoulders under the piece of wood at the back of the cross. Once the base was clear of the hole they would grasp the upright and place it firmly on the ground behind. With the help of another soldier the cross and its burden was lowered onto the ground. Each victim was then given some bread and water to sustain them and a bucket of water slopped over them to remove any clinging debris from their naked bodies. The ropes were then checked for secureness and the feet checked to make sure the nails were still firmly in the flesh. Blankets were then thrown over the crucified and the soldiers sat down to keep watch over the groaning victims.

The night was quite chilly but the soldiers had lit a fire and kept warm around it playing dice. From time to time they would inspect the ten to make sure they were still alive as they knew that they would face a penalty if any passed too quickly. None of the crucified really got any rest, the only solace was that there was no strain on their wrists and the throbbing in their nailed feet was more bearable.

The following day, as the cock crowed, the soldiers began the task of removing the blankets from the naked bodies. When all ten were laid bare the soldiers began lifting the beams into the warm morning air. Once again the base of each cross fell heavily into the slot and the accompanying body shook on the rope and nails. When all ten were up the inspection from Pilate began.

"Well, have any of you anything to say or are you going to hang another day. I can have you all taken down and your wounds treated, all I need is the whereabouts of the Nazarene body, speak now!" he bellowed.

One of the elders looked into Pilates eyes and rasped.
"We know nothing, you wont get anything from us, we will die here but the younger ones do not deserve to die like this, spare them."

Pilate grinned, "oh I have no doubt that you know nothing but someone out there does and sooner or later they will talk. Your agony will serve its purpose, for your sake I hope they talk very soon."

"Oh my God!" screamed a young girl, "my feet hurt so much, pleeeese take me down, AAAARRRGH!" and she threw her head back and forth as she tried to come to terms with her pain.

"Of course I can take you down," continued Pilate, "where is the Nazarene?"

"I, I don't nnnn, Know," she spluttered, "Eeeeeeegh!" she yelled as once more the square shanks of the foot spikes grated against her tiny bones. The sound of the splitting bone was quite audible as were the high pitched shrieks from its receiver.

Another long day passed and into another night, the soldiers were doing well in mainting life with the exquisit agony of crucifixion intact.

To be continued.................................

A Passerby

The sun today was relentless as it beat down on the ten naked bodies hanging from their crux. There was, however, a light breeze which would stem the effect from the destroying rays. The soldiers kept the water flowing and made regular checks on the state of the victims to ensure they would live and suffer.
The crowd, flocking to the city, walked slowly passed the row of crucified men and women, some of the men would stop and oggle at the younger bodies. One of the nineteen year old girls raised her head and looked at the crowds with a tear in her eye. Unable to cover her nakedness she just hung, with her arms outstretched and feet held firm, for all the baying eyes to see. She saw two figures approach her and she closed her eyes to await the touching, it never came. instead only a calm voice spoke.

"Fear not, my daughter, for your misery will soon be over."

The young girl looked down, past her bleeding feet, and saw a man and woman looking up with sorrow in their eyes.

"Don't draw attention to us, just listen and you will understand," continued the voice, "we know where the Lord is hidden."

Those words echoed in the girls ears and suddenly she was unaware of the pain she was enduring, there was now hope that they would be saved from the endless agony.

"Soon after the Lord was removed from his cross the body was taken, by his family, to the rock tomb. He never made it to the tomb, the body was removed from his shroud and replaced with a clay cast of himself. The guards, at the tomb, were drugged from their wine and it was easy for the clay cast to be removed and scattered over the ground. They fully believed that he had risen, but no," there was a pause, "he is still alive!"

To be continued..........................

Hope

The young girl on the cross sighed, "whe...whe...where is he?" she choked, as blood filled her mouth.

"Very close," replied the voice, "you need be strong and it will soon be over, we will approach Pilate and give him the news, but you must understand that we are in fear for our own lives."

A shudder ran thru the young frame as the iron nails in her feet caught a nerve. She groaned softly and then hung by her roped, frail, arms.

"Plee....please let it be soon," she pleaded, "I can't take another day on this cross, my arms and legs ache so much, everytime I move the pain in my feet shoots up mu legs..Arrrrgh!" she threw back her head.

The stranger put his hand on her calf and stroked up and down to her well formed ankles.

"Enough!" bellowed a soldier, "no contact with the prisoners, you hear!"

The stranger stepped back from the trembling body.

"My appologies sir," replied the stranger, "we are new to the city and were unaware of the rules."

With that the two left, with just a quick look over the shoulder at the sun scorched body of the girl. They passed the other nine twisting naked men and women as they went thru the main gates heading for an audience with Pilate.

Meanwhile, the soldiers were busy going about tha task of checking on the condition of the crucified. They approached the first hanging man, who from time to time groaned in his pain. His penis was hanging loosely between his legs and had been attacked by insects in the night. There was fresh blood oozing out from around the nail heads in his feet and was dripping off his twitching toes. His toes were hanging off the end of the footrest and the square iron shanks were the only thing stopping him from sliding off.

"Come on, it's watering time," and a soaked cloth was raised to his blistered lips.
The man sucked on the cloth to quench the raging thirst in his throat. Swallowing was difficult as the sun had burnt the inside of his mouth, however, he drank what he could, even though he knew it would prolong his agony.

They passed on the opposite side and checked over the naked, mature female that hung from her beams. With the end of his spear the soldier lifted the chin of the motionless woman and looked into her eyes. She blinked in the bright sunlight and gasped.

"Water, wa....waterrrr,"she croaked, the sun also taking its toll on her throat.
The rag was offered up to her parched lips but kept just out of touch. The soldier was laughing as he saw the womans frantic efforts to reach the water. Her neck was craning and the veins in her neck stood like wire. The soldier moved the cloth up and watched as the woman stretched up with her tightening legs. The nail heads, in her boney feet, were now pushing down hard on the top of the feet and she grimaced at the scraping pain. The soldier relaxed his arm and the woman finally got the deserved refreshment and then she sunk back down and the matt black hair, surrounding her sex, parted and she was now on full view again.

The inspection and watering continued down the two rows and ended with the young girl at the end.

"What did those people want?" the soldier enquired, giving her a quick prod with the end of his spear.

"Nnn...nothing," stammered the girl, "they were jjj....just passing."

"They seemed very interested in you," continued the soldier, "I trust you are not thinking they will save you."

The young girl closed her deep eyes and shook her head.

"You know we cannot be saved, we are nailed to these crosses and this is the pain we must suffer," there was an act of defiance in her soft voice.

"How dare you speak to us like that......No water for this slut!"

The soldier turned and left the whimpering girl to the torment of the hot sun.

Next part, Pilate hears the evidence........................................

Hope

The young girl on the cross sighed, "whe...whe...where is he?" she choked, as blood filled her mouth.

"Very close," replied the voice, "you need be strong and it will soon be over, we will approach Pilate and give him the news, but you must understand that we are in fear for our own lives."

A shudder ran thru the young frame as the iron nails in her feet caught a nerve. She groaned softly and then hung by her roped, frail, arms.

"Plee....please let it be soon," she pleaded, "I can't take another day on this cross, my arms and legs ache so much, everytime I move the pain in my feet shoots up mu legs..Arrrrgh!" she threw back her head.

The stranger put his hand on her calf and stroked up and down to her well formed ankles.

"Enough!" bellowed a soldier, "no contact with the prisoners, you hear!"

The stranger stepped back from the trembling body.

"My appologies sir," replied the stranger, "we are new to the city and were unaware of the rules."

With that the two left, with just a quick look over the shoulder at the sun scorched body of the girl. They passed the other nine twisting naked men and women as they went thru the main gates heading for an audience with Pilate.

Meanwhile, the soldiers were busy going about tha task of checking on the condition of the crucified. They approached the first hanging man, who from time to time groaned in his pain. His penis was hanging loosely between his legs and had been attacked by insects in the night. There was fresh blood oozing out from around the nail heads in his feet and was dripping off his twitching toes. His toes were hanging off the end of the footrest and the square iron shanks were the only thing stopping him from sliding off.

"Come on, it's watering time," and a soaked cloth was raised to his blistered lips.
The man sucked on the cloth to quench the raging thirst in his throat. Swallowing was difficult as the sun had burnt the inside of his mouth, however, he drank what he could, even though he knew it would prolong his agony.

They passed on the opposite side and checked over the naked, mature female that hung from her beams. With the end of his spear the soldier lifted the chin of the motionless woman and looked into her eyes. She blinked in the bright sunlight and gasped.

"Water, wa....waterrrr,"she croaked, the sun also taking its toll on her throat.
The rag was offered up to her parched lips but kept just out of touch. The soldier was laughing as he saw the womans frantic efforts to reach the water. Her neck was craning and the veins in her neck stood like wire. The soldier moved the cloth up and watched as the woman stretched up with her tightening legs. The nail heads, in her boney feet, were now pushing down hard on the top of the feet and she grimaced at the scraping pain. The soldier relaxed his arm and the woman finally got the deserved refreshment and then she sunk back down and the matt black hair, surrounding her sex, parted and she was now on full view again.

The inspection and watering continued down the two rows and ended with the young girl at the end.

"What did those people want?" the soldier enquired, giving her a quick prod with the end of his spear.

"Nnn...nothing," stammered the girl, "they were jjj....just passing."

"They seemed very interested in you," continued the soldier, "I trust you are not thinking they will save you."

The young girl closed her deep eyes and shook her head.

"You know we cannot be saved, we are nailed to these crosses and this is the pain we must suffer," there was an act of defiance in her soft voice.

"How dare you speak to us like that......No water for this slut!"

The soldier turned and left the whimpering girl to the torment of the hot sun.

Next part, Pilate hears the evidence........................................
Nice twist, I like this story! Thanks!

The Evidence

Pilate sat in his large chair, he was still fuming that none of the crucified had told of the whereabouts of the false King. What is the matter with these Christians? why are they intent on suffering for a dead King?
Just then the door opened and the two strangers walked in flanked by two soldiers. They were marched right up to face Pilate and soon came face to face with the power of Rome.

"Who do we have here?" he asked sternly.

The two strangers lowered their hoods, Pilate looked long and hard at the two standing before him,

"Do I know you, strangely I feel we have already met?" enquired Pilate.

"No, we have never met," responded the man, "but you have met my family, they were there on the day you crucified this so called Messiah."

"Who are you?" commanded Pilate.

"My son Dismas was crucified to the right of the centre cross."

"And my son was Gestas and he too was nailed to the cross," spoke the woman in a hushed voice.

"Your sons were thieves, they deserved to be nailed up," retorted Pilate.

"Yes, thieves they were," answered the man, "but they did not deserve to be crucified with an agitator of Rome and for that I will give you the information you need."

"Go on," said Pilate, "speak."

"What assurance do I have that those crucified at the gates will be taken down and their wounds treated?" spoke the man.

"They will be taken care of," replied Pilate, "just as soon as the body of the Nazarene is placed at my feet."

"That will not be possible sir," spoke the man, "for he is not dead."

"Not dead," screamed Pilate, "I watched as the nails were driven into his hands and feet, I saw the spear thrust into his side, of course he's fucking dead!" Pilates face was flushed in anger and his knuckles growing white.

"Whatever you know or think, he is not dead and may even be plotting his miracle of a return as we speak."

"Where is he?" snarled Pilate, "where can I find this King of their's?"

"It is not far from here, about two miles out of the city, they have him in a cave and are tending his wounds.

"Then we must go, go now, I will assemble some soldiers and we must strike. This time I will make sure of his death, even if I have to drive the nails myself into his rancid flesh!"

Pilate left with the man and women and made haste to gather arms and to be ready, at nightfall to strike.

To be continued......................

The Capture

That night Pilate gathered a large cohort of men at arms and rode out thru the city gates. The man and women had provide a small map and precise details as to the whereabouts of the Nazarene and his supporters. As they approached the group of caves, in the hillside, the soldiers dismounted and quietly moved on foot to within striking distance of the openings. Pilate could see the flickering of torches as they burned deep within the caves. Shadows could be seen darting about inside but it was difficult to know how many people there were.

Pilate gave a signal and the soldiers swarmed into the caves and took the occupants by complete surprise. Pilate had given specific orders that as many as could be taken alive should be. It was important that the Nazarene be taken prisoner, no matter what his condition of health. There were about ten men an women in the cave and at the far end there was a straw bed. The bed had a stained sheet on it and this was covering a person underneath.

Pilate approached and gripped the top of the cloth and ripped it off. There, lying before him was a bearded man with cloth wound around his hands and feet and one around his chest. He was breathing heavily and his eyes were firmly shut. There was congealed blood on his scalp and lacerations all down his body to his ankles.

"Wake up!" commanded Pilate, "wake up I say!"

The Nazarene stirred and his eyelids flickered and soon the blue eyes stared back at Pilate.

"Well, well, we meet again Nazarene, I thought I was rid of you the first time we nailed you up high, seems I was wrong."

Pilate beckoned to a couple of soldiers who seized the Nazarene by the arms and hauled him upright. As they did this his loin cloth, that was wrapped loosely around his hips, fell to the floor and once again he was naked. The soldiers laughed and dragged the groaning, naked, man out of the hill and down the hill to the waiting horses.

"Easy men, don't want to kill him before we crucify him again, the people need an example as a warning and his death will stem any future rebellion."

The limp body of the Nazarene was tied hand and foot and thrown over a horse to be returned to the city. Once reached, he was dragged to the cell and chained to the cold wall to await the morning when he would be crucified again! His supporters were also being held in gthe next cell and they sung all through the night which annoyed the guards immensely.

The following morning there was no trial and no crowd just a small procession to the city gates. The ten men and women were into their third day on their crosses and their breathing was becoming more shallow. The first man looked down, as the procession passed by his bleeding feet, and saw the prisoner bent under the yoke of his crossbeam. His arms were stretched and roped along the beam and he was completely naked for all the world to see. A new crown of thorns had been fashioned to adorn his head and fresh blood ran down and off his ragged beared. Those already hanging from their crosses could see the old nail wounds in his hands and feet and then realised that this was the King Pilate had been seeking.

Pilate stopped and looked at the ten naked forms as they sighed in their anguish.

"I have some company for you," said Pilate in a gruff voice.

"You, y you said we would be taken down from our crosses," whimpered the young girl.

"So I did said Pilate, but what is the point? you would not survive, your feet are already festering from insects. No I think we will leave you up, as this way you will die more quickly and will be a much earlier release from your torment."

The Nazarene had arrived at his stake and was soon laid down on his lacerated back. The soldiers replaced spikes at the old nail wounds and pricked the skin. The wounds were still very tender and the spikes entered very cleanly and into the wood. The soldiers grunted as they hauled the limp body onto the upright and fixed the beam. The Nazarene's feet banged against the upright as his body came to rest on the stipes. Two soldiers grabbed the flailing feet and pressed them against the sides. The sharp spikes, for the second time, were driven home between the ankle and heel bones. The Nazarene screamed and screamed and once again forgave his crucifier's.

The bodies hung for two more days with the Nazarene being kept alive for as long as possible, no three hour escape this time. When all were dead their bodies were removed and buried in an unmarked grave outside the city, there were no more issues.

The End

The Capture

That night Pilate gathered a large cohort of men at arms and rode out thru the city gates. The man and women had provide a small map and precise details as to the whereabouts of the Nazarene and his supporters. As they approached the group of caves, in the hillside, the soldiers dismounted and quietly moved on foot to within striking distance of the openings. Pilate could see the flickering of torches as they burned deep within the caves. Shadows could be seen darting about inside but it was difficult to know how many people there were.

Pilate gave a signal and the soldiers swarmed into the caves and took the occupants by complete surprise. Pilate had given specific orders that as many as could be taken alive should be. It was important that the Nazarene be taken prisoner, no matter what his condition of health. There were about ten men an women in the cave and at the far end there was a straw bed. The bed had a stained sheet on it and this was covering a person underneath.

Pilate approached and gripped the top of the cloth and ripped it off. There, lying before him was a bearded man with cloth wound around his hands and feet and one around his chest. He was breathing heavily and his eyes were firmly shut. There was congealed blood on his scalp and lacerations all down his body to his ankles.

"Wake up!" commanded Pilate, "wake up I say!"

The Nazarene stirred and his eyelids flickered and soon the blue eyes stared back at Pilate.

"Well, well, we meet again Nazarene, I thought I was rid of you the first time we nailed you up high, seems I was wrong."

Pilate beckoned to a couple of soldiers who seized the Nazarene by the arms and hauled him upright. As they did this his loin cloth, that was wrapped loosely around his hips, fell to the floor and once again he was naked. The soldiers laughed and dragged the groaning, naked, man out of the hill and down the hill to the waiting horses.

"Easy men, don't want to kill him before we crucify him again, the people need an example as a warning and his death will stem any future rebellion."

The limp body of the Nazarene was tied hand and foot and thrown over a horse to be returned to the city. Once reached, he was dragged to the cell and chained to the cold wall to await the morning when he would be crucified again! His supporters were also being held in gthe next cell and they sung all through the night which annoyed the guards immensely.

The following morning there was no trial and no crowd just a small procession to the city gates. The ten men and women were into their third day on their crosses and their breathing was becoming more shallow. The first man looked down, as the procession passed by his bleeding feet, and saw the prisoner bent under the yoke of his crossbeam. His arms were stretched and roped along the beam and he was completely naked for all the world to see. A new crown of thorns had been fashioned to adorn his head and fresh blood ran down and off his ragged beared. Those already hanging from their crosses could see the old nail wounds in his hands and feet and then realised that this was the King Pilate had been seeking.

Pilate stopped and looked at the ten naked forms as they sighed in their anguish.

"I have some company for you," said Pilate in a gruff voice.

"You, y you said we would be taken down from our crosses," whimpered the young girl.

"So I did said Pilate, but what is the point? you would not survive, your feet are already festering from insects. No I think we will leave you up, as this way you will die more quickly and will be a much earlier release from your torment."

The Nazarene had arrived at his stake and was soon laid down on his lacerated back. The soldiers replaced spikes at the old nail wounds and pricked the skin. The wounds were still very tender and the spikes entered very cleanly and into the wood. The soldiers grunted as they hauled the limp body onto the upright and fixed the beam. The Nazarene's feet banged against the upright as his body came to rest on the stipes. Two soldiers grabbed the flailing feet and pressed them against the sides. The sharp spikes, for the second time, were driven home between the ankle and heel bones. The Nazarene screamed and screamed and once again forgave his crucifier's.

The bodies hung for two more days with the Nazarene being kept alive for as long as possible, no three hour escape this time. When all were dead their bodies were removed and buried in an unmarked grave outside the city, there were no more issues.

The End
Very well done story!!!

Back
Top Bottom