The Dark Spot

Go to CruxDreams.com

Eulalia

Poet Laureate
Staff member
El Coyote has asked for this notice to be published here for all who may be concerned or interested:

It is getting close to the time that TDS' server bill is due. However, I have yet to receive enough donations to cover the cost of said server. I do hope that it is NOT due to the idea that "Well, if I can't get in/post/etc., then I won't donate", because if so, then the site will disappear forever.

What I am going to do is clear out all of the firewall's lists - which means that I'll have to re-add those who have been passed through the firewall access again. I will also fix the frequent posters here, along with any other folks who I think deserve access. The more you've posted (and more recently), the quicker I'll get you through the queue.

PM me if you fall into one of the above categories - they have the priority in my getting them access through the firewall. I'm doing this as a last ditch desperation in getting those who got blocked before back in.

If donations continue to stagnate where they are right now, I'll be shuttering TDS because I cannot afford to run this place on my own.

Those of you who post on other forums: please post this in its entirety, along with sending an email to me at elcoyoteproductions@yahoo.com with the member's name, and I will do my damned best to get them access.

El Coyote

I wish people would just host their work on image sites and link them there. TDS has issues because the massive amount of files/uploads. It would be faster and much easier if posters would follow that protocol vs adding and adding to the burden of TDS having to host all those files. Downloading/viewing from TDS has always been a problem anyway.

I wish people would just host their work on image sites and link them there. TDS has issues because the massive amount of files/uploads. It would be faster and much easier if posters would follow that protocol vs adding and adding to the burden of TDS having to host all those files. Downloading/viewing from TDS has always been a problem anyway.
I don't think this is the case.
External links get obsolete, as those free hosters will delete content that is not accessed frequently. The page soon would just be a pile of useless threads with tons of broken links, instead of an archive.
File space is not what is causing server load.
TDS problems were caused by poor server management (left over backup files eating up space) and by DoS attacks, at least that's what I understood from ElCoyote.

That's okay Doro :)
it's worth keeping an eye on the sticky threads in Fantasy Unlimited, especially the Members' Birthdays one,
and the Announcements - you never know, you might learn something to your advantage :D
(or more likely find what evil plots are going on behind your back :p :devil:)

Back
Top Bottom