Go to CruxDreams.com
The film is "Desert Warrior" (1957 - the year I was born!)
Here's a clip of that scene. Sorry for the poor quality of the print.
I have know idea who the girl is, who the guy with the beard is or why she's being tortured. The dialogue is in Spanish, so maybe TC can make it out.

Naraku

Well, I do not blame him for thinking I might speak Spanish, in fact almost everyone thinks this is Brazil, and worse they think the capital of Brazil is Buenos Aires.

It is not, Buenos Aires is the Capital of Argentina, another South American country.

If interested, the capital of Brazil is Brasilia.

South America has 13 countries that speak the following languages:

9 - Countries speak Spanish.

1 - Country speaks English, Guyana, (Old English Guyana)

1 - Country speaks French, French Guiana

1 - Country speaks Dutch, Suriname, (Old Dutch Guyana)

1 - Country speaks Portuguese, Brazil

Top-Cat

A very old photograph about inquisition. I'm not sure I haven't already posted it.

21 (1).jpg

Naraku

Well, I do not blame him for thinking I might speak Spanish, in fact almost everyone thinks this is Brazil, and worse they think the capital of Brazil is Buenos Aires.

It is not, Buenos Aires is the Capital of Argentina, another South American country.

If interested, the capital of Brazil is Brasilia.

South America has 13 countries that speak the following languages:

9 - Countries speak Spanish.

1 - Country speaks English, Guyana, (Old English Guyana)

1 - Country speaks French, French Guiana

1 - Country speaks Dutch, Suriname, (Old Dutch Guyana)

1 - Country speaks Portuguese, Brazil

Top-Cat
I am well aware that the language of Brazil is Portuguese. And that the capital is Brasilia, although I think they should have kept in Rio.
I was only suggesting that, because of the similarities between Spanish and Portuguese, you might be able to make more sense of the dialogue than someone like myself who can only speak English. I also know that there are many Brazilians who speak Spanish. I don't know if we have any native Spanish speakers on the Forum. I believe there is a member named Carloscruz who is Spanish, but he hasn't been around lately.
I'm sorry if I offended you TC. I think Portuguese is a beautiful language with a more musical sound than Spanish.

Old English Guyana
It was British not English :p, and Guiana was the spelling then.

The film is "Desert Warrior" (1957 - the year I was born!)
Here's a clip of that scene. Sorry for the poor quality of the print.
I have know idea who the girl is, who the guy with the beard is or why she's being tortured. The dialogue is in Spanish, so maybe TC can make it out.
Seems to have been an Italian film, with European actors playing Arabs -
it's the rightful heir to a sultanate battling wicked usurper,
I think the usurper's beautiful daughter falls in love with the hero,
not a good career move...
Ironically, they were filming it in Egypt in 1956 when the Suez crisis blew up,
and life was in danger of imitating art a bit too realistically :devil:

I am well aware that the language of Brazil is Portuguese. And that the capital is Brasilia, although I think they should have kept in Rio.
I was only suggesting that, because of the similarities between Spanish and Portuguese, you might be able to make more sense of the dialogue than someone like myself who can only speak English. I also know that there are many Brazilians who speak Spanish. I don't know if we have any native Spanish speakers on the Forum. I believe there is a member named Carloscruz who is Spanish, but he hasn't been around lately.
I'm sorry if I offended you TC. I think Portuguese is a beautiful language with a more musical sound than Spanish.

Naraku

You are crazy?

You never offended me.

I just made a joke, with something that is commonplace with many foreigners.

Keep the Capital in Rio De Janeiro?

Impossible, it would not fit so many bandits in one city.

The traffickers and other delinquents of the Morros, (Hills) + the politicians = very, very, very.....................................................................bandits!

Top-Cat

Back
Top Bottom