The Illustrated Chronicle of the Lady Jasmine

Go to CruxDreams.com
Cassia is having regrets:

Jas452.jpgJas453.jpgJas454.jpgJas455.jpgJas456.jpgJas457.jpg
This is an understandable response under the circumstances.
At the moment Cassia wishes she was at home, but fairly soon she will develop a burning desire to be anywhere other than where she is.

And we are seeing further good use of excellent expressions in this emotional exchange between the two friends.
Great work, Wragg! :)

Well, that carnifex is a bit of a callous bastard, isn't he?
Love the work here again, Wragg. The depth of field blur on that last image is excellent and helps to blend the use of the rendered figures and photographed models. The story is coming along. :clapping: :clapping:

Now where has "Alice" gone, and what's going to happen next? :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Abandoned to their fate, after having insult added to injury - you are keeping this emotionally charged, Wragg!
And, as Jolly has observed, very nice work on the visuals - especially the progressive DoF and precision of the last one. :)
Thanks all, yes that one did give me the runaround while I was setting it up, I knew I wanted the Carnifex looking up at Jasmine and her looking away, but trying to set up the composition around that...

For those of you collecting this set (mad fools :rolleyes: ) @phlebas has noted that Imgur replaces my filenames with its own addresses. They should be Jas 458, 459, and 460.

When the site recovers its composure I shall repost them as thumbnails, and probably continue to post thumbnails for the rest of the story. I guess I just wanted to try out Image Hosting.

A great set of images capturing the sense of being removed from society. Life goes on, while the girls hang on the edges, unable to participate, and getting less important all the time. People thunder past as if they are already dead and forgotten, busy with their lives. You capture that sense of being complete uncared about very well here. And then there's the contrast with the only people who do want to "involve" the girls, but only as objects of derision. Splendid again, Wragg!

(Admittedly, looking at the last picture in the sequence, I now wonder if either Cassia or Jasmine weighs the same as a duck, but perhaps that's my problem. ;) :D )

(Admittedly, looking at the last picture in the sequence, I now wonder if either Cassia or Jasmine weighs the same as a duck, but perhaps that's my problem. ;) :D )

Yes, well, I swapped parts of faces around, and hunted the net, but the pointing and expressions simply couldn't be bettered! Hard to hide the provenance, though. It's a fair cop! :rolleyes:

Some passers-by showed more interest than others:

The carters are first of all responsible drivers! After all, the city gate is a little bit narrow, and they don't want to get into trouble by hitting a centurion and his wife, or with some drunk peasants, or risk a head-on collision with some idiot of a speeding cavalry man who thinks the road is all for himself.:confused:

Some passers-by showed more interest than others:

Jas461.jpgJas462.jpgJas463.jpgJas464.jpg
A great set of images capturing the sense of being removed from society. Life goes on, while the girls hang on the edges, unable to participate, and getting less important all the time. People thunder past as if they are already dead and forgotten, busy with their lives. You capture that sense of being complete uncared about very well here. And then there's the contrast with the only people who do want to "involve" the girls, but only as objects of derision. Splendid again, Wragg!
Wragg Jas463.jpg

A neat and poignant series of snapshots depicting the theme of 'life goes on' in the face of lives ending in a mass crucifixion.
It delineates the fact that this was a common sight, hardly worthy of a second glance - except that the four girls have understandably caught the attention of the mob...

The horseman makes a powerful contrast with Cassia. The photo realism has caught her in focus, staring straight into our eyes, during the fleeting coincidence of the soldier, engaged on a matter of much more urgency, and blurred at speed across the foreground.

Each is completely absorbed in riding a different kind of mount, both have their arms raised in a parody of greeting, each apparently engaged upon a matter of life and death.
Another of your brilliantly inspired compositions, Wragg! :D

Back
Top Bottom