The Illustrated Chronicle of the Lady Jasmine

Go to CruxDreams.com
The perspective and movement on that second image is fantastic. Lovely work. Beyond that (because I don't want to simply make comments on the technical aspects) it is masterful use of illustration in storytelling.

Poor Rebecca. :( :)
Thanks, Jollyrei :)

Inevitably, some of these will be turkeys, but occasionally one of them works... I was a little bit chuffed with that one, but the brilliant Repertor came up with the rather unusual composition:

The Mallet fell again.jpg

The second nail breaks Rebecca:
the brilliant Repertor came up with the rather unusual composition:

Jas163.jpg

Repertor's vision presents much that is highly original in these scenes, and you have developed his composition in a very sympathetic manner.
Your composite figure of Rebecca contains a number of elements which are recognisable from very different poses, whilst consistently parts of authentic Nadya sources.

This is very bold figure construction - a technique which many manipulators simply avoid, but one which you are mastering most effectively.
The interaction of your figures is highly dramatic, with the added dynamic of directional motion blur in the hammer.

The background includes the feet of the observers and one of the previously crucified characters. These are details which Repertor was unable to exploit, due to the restrictions of rendering, and they contribute to a cohesive scene in your own interpretation. Great work, Wragg! :)

The Carnifex has a rare moment of compassion:

Well, Rebecca wasn't exactly expecting her last friends in the world to actually help to crucify her!

It's an interesting dilemma - if, like Jasmine, you act out of compassion, you can hardly complain about the injustice of an execution in which you took an active part. :confused:

Great blending and character interaction in these manips - you're maintaining good consistency throughout this series, Wragg! :)

I agree with Bob - you're maintaining a solid standard in the images. Meanwhile, there is the dilemma that Jasmine must feel; trying to be compassionate and at the same time perhaps getting an idea that she's helping to position Jessica's feet for nailing. Small mercy indeed, however the carnifex feels about it. :eek::)

What makes this angle so unique is the glimpse of the nailed right foot/heel of Helena. Rebecca kicks her legs and feet up unto the air as the spike is driven through her right wrist. But the same fate awaits her bare heels after the cross is lifted. She only needs to look over to her left side to see the soon coming fate of both her heels.

Things don't quite go according to plan:

Jas170.jpgJas171.jpgJas172.jpgJas173.jpg
I'm very grateful to @bobinder for his technical advice and moral support with that last one.
Jas173.jpg

That image is brilliant, and the extensive work you have put into it, including modifying all the facial expressions, is simply not obvious.
The contrasts of the expressions are wonderful, and the blending looks perfect.
I only made a couple of suggestions, but you have achieved the result single-handed. Very well done! :)

The professionals take over, and complete Rebecca's crucifixion with brutal efficiency:
Jas174.jpg
This kind of figure foreshortening in an aerial view is one of the most challenging tasks I can imagine in photo manipulation - especially with several figures, each presenting a slightly different angle of view. The concept provides a dramatic picture, but every time I consider trying it, I give up the idea when it comes to depicting the subsidiary figures who are required to make the action work.

What you have achieved is, consequently, one of the boldest feats I have seen in this medium - and it is very successful. Additionally, Rebecca's composite treatment and expression are exceptionally good. The composition, perspective, scaling and blending are well done, making for a memorable image.

You are really producing some remarkable results, and this is definitely something of a high point in this series! :D

What you have achieved is, consequently, one of the boldest feats I have seen in this medium - and it is very successful. Additionally, Rebecca's composite treatment and expression are exceptionally good. The composition, perspective, scaling and blending are well done, making for a memorable image.
I would concur entirely. The perspectives on the figures is extremely good. If the image has any problems (and here we go with the technical stuff again) it's the coloration of the shadows. The perspective on the figures themselves is remarkable. The shadows (and I mean this as a very minor criticism) look a little like mats that the figures are standing on. Can they be more transparent/translucent to show the ground texture a bit better (assuming they are superimposed on such)? That was really the only thing that bothered me at all about the image, and I feel a bit bad mentioning it, considering that I don't think I would attempt a 4-figure image from this perspective. I will now retire from this job as "Czechoslovakian judge".

Back
Top Bottom