The Illustrated Chronicle of the Lady Jasmine

Go to CruxDreams.com
Upianus is having to think on his feet now (does that really mean what I think it does...?) And Veianius Niger seems upset to have been missed out of the party invitations.
If he doesn't get his way, Jasmine and her friends will soon have some male company at the roadside. Either that, or a major plot twist is about to occur! :D

If he doesn't get his way, Jasmine and her friends will soon have some male company at the roadside.

I bet these gals are perfectly content under the circumstances. They've been crucified naked and now they suffer together, in full view of one another. Why would they want some dirty hairy men to join them in their dance toward death? Why do men have to ruin everything?! :p

But does this mean that Jasmine gets taken down? And Josephine may be dreadful, but it's her father who did the treasonous plotting. I suppose she'll have to die anyway. Can't have these treacherous people hanging about.

But now the gates are shut - will there be a tedious siege?

Fun stuff, Wragg!

She's serving the refreshments to Cassia...

View attachment 872550
I should say that this image was a throw out, I posted it only in response to Jollyrei's question about Valerie. The original showed a closed gate but I should have deleted the caption as well as the gate. :doh:

It was an excellent gate, with a fantastic pair of knockers, but I decided that we already have plenty of those. :D

It seems that the emperor's untimely death may cast some gloom over Josephine's party - unless, of course, the Proconsul takes this opportunity to proclaim himself emperor.
And in a beautifully illustrated moment of clarity, Jasmine finally understands that both murders were cleverly arranged to prevent her from marrying Titus.
However, nobody appears to be rushing around with a hacksaw and pliers, so she will probably just have to stay where she is.

Meanwhile, this looks like a rather good time for Josephine to take a holiday in Gaul...
This is all very exciting stuff, and now I'm looking forward to seeing the impending battle, depicted in a manipulation sequence! :)

There is a lot of complication in all this. Nero was the last of the "Julio-Claudians". His death ushered in the "year of the four emperors", with various commanders backed by different legions vying for the throne. There was (I forget the order) Vitellus, Galba, Otho, and finally the winner Vespasian, fresh from the Jewish War (his son Titus took over that command). Vespasian ushered in the Flavian dynasty (first the father, then his son Titus, and last Titus' brother Domitian). From what we know so far, it is likely this proconsul is so hapless and conceited he has failed to ally with ANY of these guys, and therefore is the consummate loser. We will have to see what happens. (Maybe the dog Rex will reappear as a kingmaker?)

There is a lot of complication in all this. Nero was the last of the "Julio-Claudians". His death ushered in the "year of the four emperors", with various commanders backed by different legions vying for the throne. There was (I forget the order) Vitellus, Galba, Otho, and finally the winner Vespasian, fresh from the Jewish War (his son Titus took over that command). Vespasian ushered in the Flavian dynasty (first the father, then his son Titus, and last Titus' brother Domitian). From what we know so far, it is likely this proconsul is so hapless and conceited he has failed to ally with ANY of these guys, and therefore is the consummate loser. We will have to see what happens. (Maybe the dog Rex will reappear as a kingmaker?)
I think Galba was next, he lasted about six months... it doesn't seem to have been a great time to be a Roman, especially not one into 'skullduggery':

Jas492.jpgJas493.jpgJas494.jpg

It seems that the emperor's untimely death may cast some gloom over Josephine's party - unless, of course, the Proconsul takes this opportunity to proclaim himself emperor.
And in a beautifully illustrated moment of clarity, Jasmine finally understands that both murders were cleverly arranged to prevent her from marrying Titus.
However, nobody appears to be rushing around with a hacksaw and pliers, so she will probably just have to stay where she is.

Meanwhile, this looks like a rather good time for Josephine to take a holiday in Gaul...
This is all very exciting stuff, and now I'm looking forward to seeing the impending battle, depicted in a manipulation sequence! :)
A hacksaw and pliers doesn't seem so appealing an alternative--there might be a bad outcome either way.

now I'm looking forward to seeing the impending battle,
I'm not sure any of us have done a full battle yet. Off you go, Wragg. :devil: :popcorn:
it doesn't seem to have been a great time to be a Roman, especially not one into 'skullduggery':
Jas494.jpg
And our proconsul here seems very keen on talking himself out of a bad outcome and seeing the Tribune just go away. Even so, one can't help notice that he's doing it from the safety of the battlements. Lots to come yet, I fancy. :popcorn: :popcorn:

Meanwhile, Jasmine, Cassia and the two slavegirls aren't getting any better, unless that potion of Valerie's is really good. :confused:

Last edited:
The Tribune apparently gave himself a good reason to leave Rome, so he could stay away from the deadly viper's nest that the capital has become. It releases him from the risks of being forced to choose sides. Unless he secretly bets on the chances of that fled senator Titus, and has charged himself to do some preparatory work of eradicating the senator's potential enemies and rivals.

Back
Top Bottom