The Illustrated Chronicle of the Lady Jasmine

Go to CruxDreams.com
it doesn't seem to have been a great time to be a Roman, especially not one into 'skullduggery':

Jas492.jpgJas493.jpgJas494.jpg
Unexpectedly, the Proconsul takes the Tribune by surprise and reveals himself to be an honest man, after all!
And now it remains to be seen whether or not the Tribune will be having his skull dug up by the Proconsul? :confused:
The tension is mounting...

I really don't think "Oh dear" quite covers it, in this circumstance.
Really doesn't matter which side the Proconsul is or was on, does it? Nero is dead, there's a bit of a power vacuum, and we have an incredibly angry Tribune and father, who is not only quite upset, but complements his upsetness with a large number of armed men.

In need to sit down now, and have a drink! Something strong!:confused:
With you, old boy!!!

Well, it's the sort of thing "they" would say, isn't it? Shouldn't go around believing "them" all the time, especially when "they" are so bent that they'd crucify a couple of respectable Roman girls. (Perhaps, before he kills everyone in the town, and consigns the Proconsul's parts most private to a Rutland tree, daddy could stop talking for a moment and get the girls down, eh?)

Anyway, it would appear that things are going to get a bit messy for some people. I wonder if Josephine has noticed anything yet, or if she's still celebrating what might be her last birthday?

Have I complimented you yet, Wragg, on what is an admirable plot twist, just as I thought it was as good as it could get? How remiss of me.
My compliments. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Last edited:
Wragg Jas495 DV.jpg
Oh yes! I think I remember this part...! :D
Although I don't remember a character called General Riffraff...
But this is an excellent performance by a slightly stunned Cassia - and a superb close up of her, complete with suitably dishevelled hair.

A somewhat embarrassing reunion for Cassia - and also for her Dad, if he's forgotten the hacksaw and pliers! Notwithstanding the practicalities, I think they need a moment of father-daughter bonding after such an evidently long time. This resurrection thing is becoming quite popular by the look of it... :D

Fantastic plotting, twisting and skull-digging, Wragg! :clapping:

Oh yes! I think I remember this part...! :D
Although I don't remember a character called General Riffraff...
But this is an excellent performance by a slightly stunned Cassia - and a superb close up of her, complete with suitably dishevelled hair.

A somewhat embarrassing reunion for Cassia - and also for her Dad, if he's forgotten the hacksaw and pliers! Notwithstanding the practicalities, I think they need a moment of father-daughter bonding after such an evidently long time. This resurrection thing is becoming quite popular by the look of it... :D

Fantastic plotting, twisting and skull-digging, Wragg! :clapping:
Haha, I strongly considered heading that last post with 'Darth Vader moment'! :rolleyes:

And if Tribune Niger is expecting to be showered with praises from a grateful daughter, he may be in for a disappointment.

Anyway, glad you liked it, thanks everyone for the kind words! :)

Well, I suspect that even if Cassia has issues with her absentee father, she'll be happy to be off the cross. I hope they take Jasmine down as well. I suspect the Tribune is at least partially hoping the Proconsul will try something, in a sort of "Make my day!" sort of way.
Very effective use of close-up shots to move the action along. Riveting stuff here. :)
Also, it's worth considering that you may be one of the only people at CF to ever manip images of people being removed from the cross. :D

Well, I suspect that even if Cassia has issues with her absentee father, she'll be happy to be off the cross. I hope they take Jasmine down as well. I suspect the Tribune is at least partially hoping the Proconsul will try something, in a sort of "Make my day!" sort of way.
Very effective use of close-up shots to move the action along. Riveting stuff here. :)

Cassie is coming down, and party girl is probably going up. Wragg, you keep us guessing.

Also, it's worth considering that you may be one of the only people at CF to ever manip images of people being removed from the cross. :D

Certainly not common, I know of a few drawings and far fewer manips. The best one I've seen is probably this one by Cypher.

FORGIVEN-finally-ds.jpg

Also, it's worth considering that you may be one of the only people at CF to ever manip images of people being removed from the cross.
I fear that it will be as painful if not more so than being attached to the cross! :eek:

Well, Valerie is lurking around somewhere with her helpful potion, but how far that goes is anyone's guess. We are all in Wragg's capable hands now.
Josephus says he intervened with Titus for two of his acquaintances who were crucified. They were take down and "given the best of care". One died, but one did not. In Marius Zebo's story "Ameilia's Crucifixion" (which I think is on this site), the protagonist is taken down (after more than a day, which seems to me a little far-fetched). So, there is precedent.

Back
Top Bottom